Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
St Thomas More Hospital in Colorado is fighting, and currently beating, a lawsuit brought by a man whose wife and unborn 7 month old twins died due to non-care they received when she was brought in by ambulance dying. The obstetrician never responded to the emergency page to come to the hospital even though he was on call and staff would not perform the necessary c-section that could have saved all three lives. Instead, the woman died and so did the twins. At 7 months they are considered viable as they can survive outside the womb and although staff detected no heartbeats, an emergency c-section could have saved them.

It is truly hypocritical especially knowing that Catholic hospitals have fired nurses for saving the life of the mother because they "took the baby's life" along with all their other stances on human reproduction. They are a sad excuse for an organization.

Church Hypocrisy

Shameless Mystic

Does anyone else see the irony here?

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Either they are doing their best to ignore it or furtively trying to come up with a sad excuse to justify it.

Shameless Mystic

Boudica Celtic Queen
Either they are doing their best to ignore it or furtively trying to come up with a sad excuse to justify it.
This is what happens when you tell people it's normal to dehumanize others. A rather poetic tragedy to punctuate my point that nobody seems to get.
They MIGHT have saved them. There was never a guarantee, just the speculation that trying would have given them a chance. And I believe the reports said that they believed they could have saved the children, not the mother.

But the reason they are doing it, is to prove a point. Instead of taking the usual approach of advocating their belief, they are testing to what extent we truly believe that a fetus is expendable. If they lose this case, they are actually winning because that is the law saying that those two fetuses were indeed people.

Shameless Mystic

ChiyoSuzaku
They MIGHT have saved them. There was never a guarantee, just the speculation that trying would have given them a chance. And I believe the reports said that they believed they could have saved the children, not the mother.

But the reason they are doing it, is to prove a point. Instead of taking the usual approach of advocating their belief, they are testing to what extent we truly believe that a fetus is expendable. If they lose this case, they are actually winning because that is the law saying that those two fetuses were indeed people.
At the expense of treating human lives as expendable to achieve a point, which is anathema. If you believe that every life is sacred, then you should act on it first, and speak on it second.

If you believe that human lives are to be spent as desperadoes to your cause, then your freaking cause better not be "every life is sacred."

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ChiyoSuzaku

Anyone with an ounce of medical knowledge knows that if a kid has to come in the world early, the seventh month is the safest one to do it in. This is why if a woman is killed that late in the game there are laws on the books that can charge the murder with a double homicide because at that point the fetus CAN survive outside of the womb and there was probably well more than a 50% chance of survival in this case. She got substandard to non existent care. Someone going into cardiac arrest should not be "rubbed on the chest" to "wake them up".

Even if they couldn't have saved her, every measure should have been taken because to let them all die to serve their political purpose is even more disgusting. This is a veiled attempt to promote "personhood" laws for fetuses down to conception. There is a reason late term abortions are not allowed unless it is to save the life of the woman....because a late term fetus is more viable and with today's technology has more of a chance of survival then say a 10 week fetus which has none.
Boudica Celtic Queen
ChiyoSuzaku

Anyone with an ounce of medical knowledge knows that if a kid has to come in the world early, the seventh month is the safest one to do it in. This is why if a woman is killed that late in the game there are laws on the books that can charge the murder with a double homicide because at that point the fetus CAN survive outside of the womb and there was probably well more than a 50% chance of survival in this case. She got substandard to non existent care. Someone going into cardiac arrest should not be "rubbed on the chest" to "wake them up".

Even if they couldn't have saved her, every measure should have been taken because to let them all die to serve their political purpose is even more disgusting. This is a veiled attempt to promote "personhood" laws for fetuses down to conception. There is a reason late term abortions are not allowed unless it is to save the life of the woman....because a late term fetus is more viable and with today's technology has more of a chance of survival then say a 10 week fetus which has none.

It wasn't to serve their political purpose, what happened to that woman was a tragedy. She had a massive heart attack and they didn't perform an emergency surgery without the doctor because the fetuses had no heartbeat. She died as she was being wheeled into the exam room.
Where we are at now is that the husband is suing for wrongful death, and despite the values of the church, under Colorado state law a "person" is defined as someone who is born alive. No matter what the church believes, the law is clear and it is what the people voted for. In a sense, we made our bed and now we have to sleep in it.

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
ChiyoSuzaku
Boudica Celtic Queen
ChiyoSuzaku

It wasn't to serve their political purpose, what happened to that woman was a tragedy. She had a massive heart attack and they didn't perform an emergency surgery without the doctor because the fetuses had no heartbeat. She died as she was being wheeled into the exam room.
Where we are at now is that the husband is suing for wrongful death, and despite the values of the church, under Colorado state law a "person" is defined as someone who is born alive. No matter what the church believes, the law is clear and it is what the people voted for. In a sense, we made our bed and now we have to sleep in it.

If you had read the article you would see that even with no initial heartbeat detected they could have done an emergency c-section and worked to revive them. You are a true sheeple of your cult led by an ex Nazi and a cult that harbors ***** and has been responsible for many atrocities from the Crusades, the Inquisition, the mass slaughter of Native Americans, etc. There is nothing saintly about the church. The pope certainly doesn't live as Jesus supposedly lived. Instead he is in his gilded cage preaching the evils of gays and condoms while dining on the finest cuisine off of golden plates or fine china and sitting on his golden throne. All while hiding predators of children under his cloak. A fine upstanding organization.

And of course it is for political gain. They have PACs and lobbyists in our government halls pushing the church's views and trying to get laws made that fit the church's supposed beliefs.
Boudica Celtic Queen
ChiyoSuzaku
Boudica Celtic Queen
ChiyoSuzaku

If you had read the article you would see that even with no initial heartbeat detected they could have done an emergency c-section and worked to revive them. You are a true sheeple of your cult led by an ex Nazi

I'm going to stop you right there, my cult?
Boudica Celtic Queen
blah blah blah the first post
Did anyone actually say that or is your title sensationalist propaganda?
I'm sure that I had already replied to and dismissed this thread.

I must be more drunk than I had previously imagined.

8,400 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Kaworu 17
Boudica Celtic Queen

Oh sorry. I forgot reading isn't fundamental for you.
Boudica Celtic Queen
Kaworu 17
Boudica Celtic Queen

Oh sorry. I forgot reading isn't fundamental for you.
And I forgot that telling the truth isn't fundamental to you.
Boudica Celtic Queen
ChiyoSuzaku
Boudica Celtic Queen
ChiyoSuzaku

If you had read the article you would see that even with no initial heartbeat detected they could have done an emergency c-section and worked to revive them. You are a true sheeple of your cult led by an ex Nazi and a cult that harbors ***** and has been responsible for many atrocities from the Crusades, the Inquisition, the mass slaughter of Native Americans, etc. There is nothing saintly about the church. The pope certainly doesn't live as Jesus supposedly lived. Instead he is in his gilded cage preaching the evils of gays and condoms while dining on the finest cuisine off of golden plates or fine china and sitting on his golden throne. All while hiding predators of children under his cloak. A fine upstanding organization.

And of course it is for political gain. They have PACs and lobbyists in our government halls pushing the church's views and trying to get laws made that fit the church's supposed beliefs.

I did read the article, and many others, as well as saw a cover on it on a minor news network. I am not a sheeple of anything, but most certainly not the Catholic church and if you were assuming I was, as it seems you have implied, I suggest in the future you take a breath before you resort to insults and false accusations, because I'm agnostic.
The point I'm trying to get to is the case isn't saying that they didn't ******** up, the case is that under Colarado law the fetuses weren't people and simply don't count. He can sue for malpractice, he can sue for his wife, but not the unborn.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff