Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angels_Satire
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire
Dark Lord Drake
Angels_Satire

The circle of the Earth? Eeeer. Isaiah 40:22 or so, I think?

The bit about God stopping the sun comes from a fight Joshua had with... somebody.

It only makes sense to say 'stops the sun'. If they said 'stops the earth' people around there would be going 'Wait, what?'

... That seems like a bit of a stretch to me...

Eh, why? I rather think the effect is the most important not exactly how it happened, at least to the people fighting. If I stopped the Earth rotating for them I wouldn't bother to explain to them exaclty what I did if they thought the sun was stopped instead.

But this is someone who's assuming that everything written in the Bible is true, and that God does not allow for mistakes.

That's my only problem. If you're coming from the perspective that it's going through an intermediary that can get thing wrong, I don't mind and find a lot of contradictions to magically vanish in that.

Eh I was just assuming God wouldn't bother to even explain to them or try to get them to write out what exactly happened since it seems somewhat irrelevant. It wasn't that the intermediary even interpreted what God said wrong, God didn't tell the intermediary what exactly occured since it wasn't important to teach everyone that the Earth circled the sun. Of course it's a guess but I think it makes sense.
Auggie 10
Aredina
Auggie 10
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Tell me then, if your bible is true why are there so many "christ" men with the same stories of christ found in history thousands of years before Jesus was ever born?
Why is there no historical findings (besides your bible) that prove him to be real?

Why is the Epic of Gilgamesh, a story about the flood written in a language that out dates the story of Noah??

what other times has there been that there was another "christ"? i dont recal any being there.
The bible isnt the only thing that proves him real. look around you. all of the wild life and, were the world is located. at the PERFECT spot. we dont freze or fry because of the location we are at. you cant tell me that a big bang did that because, it isnt possible.
and, i dont know what the heck you mean?

tisk tisk. Im so sorry to hear you havent ever hear of Chrishna, Mithra, Eros, Adonis, Horus, and thats to name a few. Before you tell me these are mythical gods blah blah blah blah, you have to remeber these are SOMEONES god. To truley think that your god is the ONE and only God out there is conceded and selfish and stupid. Now Horus, there is the birth of him on the walls at the Temple of Luxor. There isnt anything like that supporting jesus. I want you to read the Egyptian book of the dead, and see how much in that book sounds so much like your little rice page book sitting in your lap. You can find it at a library.

So you are telling me I need to have faith in your god becuase of the earth?? Wow, concedering I worship the earth and all she has to give, i have to believe that some floating old white man created it. Well hun, all I have seen from men are distruction and death. Not creation and love. I anything created us, and loves us it would be a woman. Not a man.
User Image

Oh thanks for praying for me. But I dont need you to. You know Ill tell you what, if your right and when I die I will go to hell and live out the rest of time there. Hell it may not be as bad as you think it is. But if Im right, and there is no hell, and there is not "GOD" and blah blah blah, then Ill move on to something else and live out that life, and be happy and maybe just maybe ill forget you and I ever had this conversation. Becuase really I dont care what you believe. Its not my people who have been killing other people in different races, and who have other religions for thousands of years. Its not my religion who kills someone in the name of god. Its not my fault you worship a jew, and dare to call him a christan and then kill HIS people.
User Image I dont know about you, But I'm giong to do the right thing.

User ImageI myself second that.
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Tell me then, if your bible is true why are there so many "christ" men with the same stories of christ found in history thousands of years before Jesus was ever born?
Why is there no historical findings (besides your bible) that prove him to be real?

Why is the Epic of Gilgamesh, a story about the flood written in a language that out dates the story of Noah??

what other times has there been that there was another "christ"? i dont recal any being there.
The bible isnt the only thing that proves him real. look around you. all of the wild life and, were the world is located. at the PERFECT spot. we dont freze or fry because of the location we are at. you cant tell me that a big bang did that because, it isnt possible.

tisk tisk. Im so sorry to hear you havent ever hear of Chrishna, Mithra, Eros, Adonis, Horus, and thats to name a few. Before you tell me these are mythical gods blah blah blah blah, you have to remeber these are SOMEONES god. To truley think that your god is the ONE and only God out there is conceded and selfish and stupid. Now Horus, there is the birth of him on the walls at the Temple of Luxor. There isnt anything like that supporting jesus. I want you to read the Egyptian book of the dead, and see how much in that book sounds so much like your little rice page book sitting in your lap. You can find it at a library.

So you are telling me I need to have faith in your god becuase of the earth?? Wow, concedering I worship the earth and all she has to give, i have to believe that some floating old white man created it. Well hun, all I have seen from men are distruction and death. Not creation and love. I anything created us, and loves us it would be a woman. Not a man.

dude!!! that was messed up! no one said that My One and only God was selfish!! he is a loving God that loves us all. even you. he can do things that your make believe gods cant do. he can actually change a life! what has your gods done for you? nothing! they are the selfish ones. the mythical gods are always for themselfs. Jesus died on the cross for our sins. that is a true and loving God to me, not one that is so stuck up and dosent care about anyone but themself

Ok if we are going to get into that. Then let me ask you a few things. If your god loves his people so much, then why WHY let the titanic sink? There were hundrends of christians on that ship and they died. WHy let Hitler MURDER millions of the chosen people. Why let 9/11 happen? Why let my husband go to Iraq and fight in the "holy" land and have his friends die all around him. Why does he let so much suffering happen? Why would he allow his own followers to kill in his name? Why let his men of god rape little boys in his name? I thought he was supposed to be a loving god. Sure dosnt sound so loving to me.
Listen up good and well. He let that happen because god gave us FREE WILL. Opinion to chose, and be free. Now he knew that this would happen before the ship was built. He let them die because he knew it was time for them to die. He will have your day, too you know. And mine, and everyones.
mokonafan
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Just because there is a record of the birth of Horus carved onto the walls ofa temple in Luxor does not mean that it is true. For Christians to believe that our God is the one and only God in the whole universe is not conceded, it is what we believe. For you to pass judgment on us for being monothiestic is conceded and selfish. And there is a story supporting the birth of Jesus. In the book of Matthew in the New testament, it says:
"About 2000 years ago God sent an angel to Israel, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to Joseph, a carpenter. The angel told Mary that by God's power, she would conceive and bear a son.

When Joseph learned that she was pregnant, an angel instructed him to marry her. Joseph took her to Bethlehem to register for a census. While there, Mary gave birth to Jesus. She laid him in a manger because there was no room at the inn. Shepherds visited Jesus in Bethlehem. "
If that is not a record of birth, then I do not know what is. You do not need to believe in Jesus Christ because of the Earth, you can believe in whatever you want. And please, do not forget: You cannot accuse Humans of destroying this planet when you are Human as well. And there are also people who are trying to save the planet.

Im sorry, I know what the bible says. Trust me this isnt my first religious debate. But the things on that wall, and the things in the epic of giligmesh, are far older than the stories in the bible. I dont really care if you beleive or not. But I find it very very odd that you read and believe a book that was written by man. I dont care if it was written by a woman either. It WASNT written by god. And Im not going to take the things in that book to heart. Yea there are some good values in that book, that oh by the way are older then you think. And that fine, if you want to beleive that they are the word of God whatever. I dont care. No body should care, but BUT if you want to be left alone then you also need to understand that there is a line and if you cross that line with the wrong person its no longer a debate. It turns into a war. every war out there has been over 4 things, money, land, control and religion.

Beleive what you want. Im not going to stop you, and if I could try, I still couldnt do it. Until you came across the truth. And then even if you did you would have to open your eyes before you could see it.
Aredina

Im getting these other stories threw History. Maybe you should put the bible down and read a history book.

The bible IS a history book. It's a record of events from before Christ, during his life time, and after he died for everyone's sins.

And I am very sorry if I sound mean and all,
But uh--

Some of the things you are coming up with to try and out the beliefs of christians to shame are really pathetic. God let the Titanic sink? To be honest, that was a very poor example. I agree with Auggie 10- sama when they said that was because we had free will.
And that's what caused it. The Titanic got ice warnings from another ship, and the captain, out of his own free will, chose to ignore them. One piece of proof that puts yours to shame.

And if your husband is in Iraq, fighting for piece, then I hope that he comes back alright.
Aredina
mokonafan
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Just because there is a record of the birth of Horus carved onto the walls ofa temple in Luxor does not mean that it is true. For Christians to believe that our God is the one and only God in the whole universe is not conceded, it is what we believe. For you to pass judgment on us for being monothiestic is conceded and selfish. And there is a story supporting the birth of Jesus. In the book of Matthew in the New testament, it says:
"About 2000 years ago God sent an angel to Israel, to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to Joseph, a carpenter. The angel told Mary that by God's power, she would conceive and bear a son.

When Joseph learned that she was pregnant, an angel instructed him to marry her. Joseph took her to Bethlehem to register for a census. While there, Mary gave birth to Jesus. She laid him in a manger because there was no room at the inn. Shepherds visited Jesus in Bethlehem. "
If that is not a record of birth, then I do not know what is. You do not need to believe in Jesus Christ because of the Earth, you can believe in whatever you want. And please, do not forget: You cannot accuse Humans of destroying this planet when you are Human as well. And there are also people who are trying to save the planet.

Im sorry, I know what the bible says. Trust me this isnt my first religious debate. But the things on that wall, and the things in the epic of giligmesh, are far older than the stories in the bible. I dont really care if you beleive or not. But I find it very very odd that you read and believe a book that was written by man. I dont care if it was written by a woman either. It WASNT written by god. And Im not going to take the things in that book to heart. Yea there are some good values in that book, that oh by the way are older then you think. And that fine, if you want to beleive that they are the word of God whatever. I dont care. No body should care, but BUT if you want to be left alone then you also need to understand that there is a line and if you cross that line with the wrong person its no longer a debate. It turns into a war. every war out there has been over 4 things, money, land, control and religion.

Beleive what you want. Im not going to stop you, and if I could try, I still couldnt do it. Until you came across the truth. And then even if you did you would have to open your eyes before you could see it.
I find it funny how you don't believe in our god, But using his bible. Huhu how funny.
many people say God made pain and suffering, but isnt it possible that pain and suffering has a purpose? i mean, dont you learn anything when something bad happens to you?
mokonafan
Aredina

Im getting these other stories threw History. Maybe you should put the bible down and read a history book.

The bible IS a history book. It's a record of events from before Christ, during his life time, and after he died for everyone's sins.

And I am very sorry if I sound mean and all,
But uh--

Some of the things you are coming up with to try and out the beliefs of christians to shame are really pathetic. God let the Titanic sink? To be honest, that was a very poor example. I agree with Auggie 10- sama when they said that was because we had free will.
And that's what caused it. The Titanic got ice warnings from another ship, and the captain, out of his own free will, chose to ignore them. One piece of proof that puts yours to shame.

It is probably not the best history book available. It's not meant to tell actual history, but a sort of... stylized version of it.
Someone asked awhile ago what did my gods do for me.

First, I have been able to enjoy 336 life times with my husband. They gave me 2 beautiful children, a realionship with everyone close in my life for more than one life time. I mean by that, that my close friends and family I know I have known them many many times in my souls life time. They have givin me the love of learning.

It may not seem like much to you, but that is alot. To have been able to spend 336 life times with your soul mate. Its amazing. So what can god give me that I havent already seen, heard, or loved?
Aredina
mokonafan
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

Yes, but just because things that are on a wall at Luxor are older than the Bible does not mean that they are true, does it? And yes, I believe in a man- made book. But you are saying that you believe in a record of the birth of horus at luxor, and that was man- made, right? I don't think that Horus came down and carved it himself? Or rather, in my mind, he couldn't. I know what wars are caused by, and I know what happens when they start. And it's horrible. But I don't think that a war is going to break out because of a religious debate on Gaia.

Let me ask you this one questions:
What do you think is the truth? What do you believe in?
Aredina

First, I have been able to enjoy 336 life times with my husband. They gave me 2 beautiful children, a realionship with everyone close in my life for more than one life time. I mean by that, that my close friends and family I know I have known them many many times in my souls life time. They have givin me the love of learning.

It may not seem like much to you, but that is alot. To have been able to spend 336 life times with your soul mate. Its amazing. So what can god give me that I havent already seen, heard, or loved?
That, and more. You are thinking of the right concepts of god, Just the wrong god. neutral
Aredina

And I'm very happy for you! Children, a loving husband, both are a real blessing in a persons life, weather they believe that they are from God or not.
And it does seem like a lot to me. The fact that, according ot what you believe in, you have spent 336 lifetimes with your loved ones is, in a sense, overwhelming. And God can give you a lot that you haven't seen, heard, or loved.
mokonafan
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

If that is not a record of birth, then I do not know what is.

Firstly there was no Universal Census of the Roman Empire at the time of Jesus birth.
Secondly even if there was one Joseph wouldn't have needed to go to Bethlehem.
Matthew was just exercising his literary license in writing that paragraph. He wrote it because Jesus needed to be born in Bethlehem, it was a requirement for the Messiah.
EDIT: To put more clearly that isn't a record of birth, more of a fabrication of a record of birth.
Auggie 10
Aredina
mokonafan
Aredina
samurai4christ
Aredina
I have a question.

I find it funny how you don't believe in our god, But using his bible. Huhu how funny.

HO HO thats funny too, shows me how much you really dont know about your own bible. Wow did you know that the 10 commandments came from the Eqyptian Book of the Dead. Haha that so funny. But really just because I dont agree with what it says about your god, and your christ, and ect dosnt mean I dont have to agree with the Princpels of it book.
Gee it seems like christans dont agree with evolution and people like me saying the earth is billions of years old. But oh yea Dinosaurs are cool.
Aredina

Wow did you know that the 10 commandments came from the Eqyptian Book of the Dead.

Source for this claim?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces