Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rei003
Did you know in the end, Satan is going to LOSE? stare
Satan has already lost only if God already knew Eve would take the 'apple', when he planted the tree. Make sure you're willing to accept the consequences of prophecy, before you spout it carelessly.
Why is it that God is portrayed as a big ugly hand in the clouds, yet Satan (in my children's bible) is a good looking, well dressed, charismatic guy? Is the illustrator trying to tell us something?
buggritall
Why is it that God is portrayed as a big ugly hand in the clouds, yet Satan (in my children's bible) is a good looking, well dressed, charismatic guy? Is the illustrator trying to tell us something?
Maybe that - looks aren't everything?
Calcy
Oh, but think about the absolute Nihilism propagated by Excel Saga.....
....it even makes fun of afros!

Yeah, their was tons to be said in Excel Saga (most of which was left out in the anime).

Read the manga sometime to here Lord Ilpalazzo's (unedited) thoughts on christianity.
buggritall

That's kind of easy. Look at sin. Isn't it attractive? Don't you want to do it cause it looks cool? What's easier to follow: a well dressed, charasmatic guy that tricks people into going to Hell, or a big, ugly hand in the clouds that leads to salvation? Choose as if you could only see them and not understand them.

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Shouldn't religion be more of a way of life than a hobby? Mine is.
Japan's way of life is in the shows so I see nothing wrong with them using religion in them. It's when they get too bizar that I spaz.
To be truthful, a lot of anime seem to have an underlying spiritual or philosophical message. What about the famed EVA and their angels? Think of SAILOR MOON for Greek's sake. Aura battler dunbine with byston well, the birthplace and training grounds for our souls. And this is just from what I personaly watch/read. Saint tail, the theif? Chrno crusade! tell me THATS not VERY pro Christianity, and a lovely anime to boot. As metioned before, Hellsing with vampires, you have Saiyuki, with the High ranking Monk defying all of Buddhism. Or you could think back, to Robotech, and the morals of killing hostile aliens, who turn out to be all but human once DNA is checked. killing Minmei(sorry, just had to say it), it IS food for thought. Now, I'm not a huge anime/maga freak, but with what I know, Anime really CAN make you think. Sorry for necroing this, I meant to post this when I first saw it, had to leave, bookmarked it and came back now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff