Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Prophet

AgentCimorene

I think I might have said more than what was needed for your question sweatdrop

Actually that's similar to the situation I am in, though I am older and am not a virgin though I like to consider myself a born again virgin (the situation in which I lost it was complicated and such, I'd rather not speak about it on a public forum). The person I am with now however I am very much in love with. I cannot see my life without him. I do not think engaging in sexual activity with him would be wrong because I love him. I wanted to see other people's views and ideas and such, and I wanted to see if a CHristian could show me exactly where it said it was wrong, just incase I missed something in my research.
Krystalinn
AgentCimorene

Actually that's similar to the situation I am in, though I am older and am not a virgin though I like to consider myself a born again virgin (the situation in which I lost it was complicated and such, I'd rather not speak about it on a public forum). The person I am with now however I am very much in love with. I cannot see my life without him. I do not think engaging in sexual activity with him would be wrong because I love him. I wanted to see other people's views and ideas and such, and I wanted to see if a CHristian could show me exactly where it said it was wrong, just incase I missed something in my research.

Well, if you want to discuss further personally feel free to PM me because I've thought extensively on it. I can't wait to go to college so I can talk to a priest that hasn't known me since I was seven. It's like, I can talk to my mom about sex, but not the parish priests. It's just arg.

Hallowed Prophet

AgentCimorene
Krystalinn
AgentCimorene

Well, if you want to discuss further personally feel free to PM me because I've thought extensively on it. I can't wait to go to college so I can talk to a priest that hasn't known me since I was seven. It's like, I can talk to my mom about sex, but not the parish priests. It's just arg.

Thank you for the offer, but I will pass. My current BF knows about the situation and I am trying to find the nerve to tell my parents. A lot of that is why this topic came up. My parents are big on the idea that pre-marital sex is wrong.
Krystalinn
AgentCimorene
Krystalinn
AgentCimorene

Thank you for the offer, but I will pass. My current BF knows about the situation and I am trying to find the nerve to tell my parents. A lot of that is why this topic came up. My parents are big on the idea that pre-marital sex is wrong.

Heh, my BF mentioned to his parents that we were planning on being intament and they screamed in unison "DON'T". Though they aren't practicing... anything. Me? Devout Catholic girl ^^. I'm more of the belief that pre-love sex is wrong.
Krystalinn
Ok, my question is: Why do Christian view premarital sex as a sin. I am a Christian and I don't understand it. I have spoken with my pastor, and I have read the Bible, and neither really give me a clear answer. It never specifially states in the Bible that premarital relations are a sin against God, so why is it considered wrong? I really don't know other religion's stances on the subject, then I do intend to do a lot of research on the topic. Though if people wish to discuss other religous views on the subject please by all means. I would really like a nice intellegent discussion, not "the Bible says so, so that makes it right" or anyhting like that. I am very open minded, and I just want some clarification.
The whole notion of sex before marriage being a sin is purely out of self interest...in case you do not watch the discovery channel or such when a lion takes a new mate he kills off the cubs from the previous mate. Said lion does this inorder to make sure that his genes are the ones that survive. By extrapolation we can guess that this is a different approach to doing the same thing with humans. By making sex prior to marriage a sin we instill the notion that only through marriage can we truly spread our seed. Pardon I have been up since four AM and am stating this one manchild's view on sex and marriage.
Krystalinn
...The person I am with now however I am very much in love with. I cannot see my life without him. I do not think engaging in sexual activity with him would be wrong because I love him. I wanted to see other people's views and ideas and such, and I wanted to see if a CHristian could show me exactly where it said it was wrong, just incase I missed something in my research.

Well, you could take it from the other direction. The Bible isn't only about the "thou shalt nots." See if you can find a place where non-marital sex is recommended or suggested as a way to gain lasting happiness. If there aren't any, maybe it's clue enough to think that God didn't say it was right/good rather than God didn't say it was wrong.

Hallowed Prophet

Trafalga
Krystalinn
...The person I am with now however I am very much in love with. I cannot see my life without him. I do not think engaging in sexual activity with him would be wrong because I love him. I wanted to see other people's views and ideas and such, and I wanted to see if a CHristian could show me exactly where it said it was wrong, just incase I missed something in my research.

Well, you could take it from the other direction. The Bible isn't only about the "thou shalt nots." See if you can find a place where non-marital sex is recommended or suggested as a way to gain lasting happiness. If there aren't any, maybe it's clue enough to think that God didn't say it was right/good rather than God didn't say it was wrong.

Although I see your point, it doesn't realy make sense to look at it that way. There are a lot of things we do now that there is nothing about in the Bible, so just becuase it isn't said in the Bible as a way to "gain lasting happiness" that doesn't mean it is a sin against God. It may not be reccomended, but taht doesn't make it a sin. So my question is still unanswered, which leads me to believe that it is infcat not a sin against God. Which is what I thought all along. I have not gotten substantial proof otherwise.
the bible is very contredictive....
i mean, no people before dinosaurs, no proof of Adam and evfe, proof of dinosaurs.
in wedding vows you promis to stay true to eachother (no one lse)
and in the Bible it says your allowed to have multiple wives
there are alot more...
so i don't really go by the bible, well not the really tecnical stuff but, if it against the law don't do it, if it against the bible, well.......depends what it is

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff