• Energy Generator 250
The Forbidden Soul
moy moy2536
The Forbidden Soul
moy moy2536
The Forbidden Soul

User Image
User ImageUser Image

I try not to trust what i think and only what I know. I live with my boyfriend and weve been together for 9 months to the day. So even though I think that me and him will last forever, I will not say I know, because Ive seen how being cocky about love ends up.

User ImageUser Image

I wasn't trying to be cocky crying I'm sorry u.u

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Oh nonono, dont take it like that, i wasnt saying you were being cocky. I was just saying how when you get too overconfident about someone you love and it turns out bad it makes you look like a jackass and only hurts you more.

User ImageUser Image

Oh sad I'm sorry I didn't know that. But I think I kinda understand what your doing. Not getting hopes to high for someone kinda thing yes? I think that's good in a way I think it's a good thing ^_^ it sounds kinda wise but I'm sure there it's high points and low points with that plan sad
I can't really list any cuz I can't think of any though I sorry I just can't at the moment.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Yeah you are pretty much right, it sounds depressing but I hate putting trust in hope, hope is always fallable you know?
And its cool, dont sweat it on examples.

User ImageUser Image

when I'm in a bad situation though I can do is hope for the best.. sad

But thanx ya and thatnx ya for righting means lots to me fanx ya ^_^

Kawaii Sentai

moy moy2536
The Forbidden Soul
moy moy2536
The Forbidden Soul
moy moy2536
The Forbidden Soul

User Image
User ImageUser Image

I try not to trust what i think and only what I know. I live with my boyfriend and weve been together for 9 months to the day. So even though I think that me and him will last forever, I will not say I know, because Ive seen how being cocky about love ends up.

User ImageUser Image

I wasn't trying to be cocky crying I'm sorry u.u

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Oh nonono, dont take it like that, i wasnt saying you were being cocky. I was just saying how when you get too overconfident about someone you love and it turns out bad it makes you look like a jackass and only hurts you more.

User ImageUser Image

Oh sad I'm sorry I didn't know that. But I think I kinda understand what your doing. Not getting hopes to high for someone kinda thing yes? I think that's good in a way I think it's a good thing ^_^ it sounds kinda wise but I'm sure there it's high points and low points with that plan sad
I can't really list any cuz I can't think of any though I sorry I just can't at the moment.

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Yeah you are pretty much right, it sounds depressing but I hate putting trust in hope, hope is always fallable you know?
And its cool, dont sweat it on examples.

User ImageUser Image

when I'm in a bad situation though I can do is hope for the best.. sad

But thanx ya and thatnx ya for righting means lots to me fanx ya ^_^

User Image
User ImageUser Image

But really what exactly is hope? its something you think about that you aspire to come true right? So wouldnt it be imaginary? But I get it, its a nice last resort and all. Its comforting when theres nothing else.

User ImageUser Image

Cuddly Genius

12,050 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Energy Generator 250
I came back through my posts and reread things you all wrote so long ago

Thank you smile

Thank you for sharing your words, thoughts, and ideas.

You could've passed by like millons

But you didn't

You shared a bit of your time to write something

Thank you much cat_3nodding

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Mark Twain 100
moy moy2536
Shinji-EVA[01]
heart God is LOVE heart

*HUGGLES* yes yes he is he is heart heart heart 3nodding 4laugh

...Clearly:
Deuteronomy
32:22-26 - For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains. I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them. They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust. The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs. I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:

32:43 - I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.
Chapter 31 of Numbers also comes to mind.

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
Arcoon Effox
moy moy2536
Shinji-EVA[01]
heart God is LOVE heart

...Clearly:
Deuteronomy
32:22-26 - For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains. I will heap mischiefs upon them; I will spend mine arrows upon them. They shall be burnt with hunger, and devoured with burning heat, and with bitter destruction: I will also send the teeth of beasts upon them, with the poison of serpents of the dust. The sword without, and terror within, shall destroy both the young man and the virgin, the suckling also with the man of gray hairs. I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:

32:43 - I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Hmmm ..... Interesting verses ... doesn't sound like most "God inspired" ones. Sounds more like somebody with ego and anger issues wrote it.

Here's some more:

Two more commandments I give to you, Love God and one another --- Jesus (paraphrased)

"He that loveth not, knoweth not God; for God is Love." --- The Bible, 1 John 4:8

"The only God is the God of Love." --- Sufi writing

"He that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him." --- The Bible, 1 John

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
rainbowlady1
Arcoon Effox
moy moy2536
Shinji-EVA[01]
heart God is LOVE heart

...Clearly:
Deuteronomy

Hmmm ..... Interesting verses ... doesn't sound like most "God inspired" ones. Sounds more like somebody with ego and anger issues wrote it.
1) What an incredibly convenient explanation! I imagine a person could just apply it to any verse they don't like, so as to morally rectify God's various acts of cruelty. However, by that same token, if those verses from Deuteronomy were simply written by "somebody with ego and anger issues", that means that any Bible verse is subject to the the same possibility, and the whole thing shouldn't be trusted; It either is the Word of God or it isn't - you can't have it both ways.

2) FYI, God himself is the speaker in those verses from chapter 32 of Deuteronomy, and also the one who demanded the act of genocide chronicled in Numbers 31.

...Incidentally, how familiar are you with that fun little Bible story? I ask because, for some reason, messy stories like this tend to get glossed over (or straight-up omitted) in Sunday School. If you're not acquainted with this particular tale, here's a succinct summary:
Dwindling in Disbelief
This is a bible story that everyone should know.

It begins with God telling Moses to take vengeance on the Midianites. (He doesn't say for what, but I guess it was for the sex and dinner party that brought on God's last round of killings.)

So Moses does what he's told and sends off 12,000 men led by Phinehas (the guy who stopped God from killing everyone by impaling the couple who were having sex).

First they killed every male "as the LORD commanded Moses."
Numbers 31:7
And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.
Next they killed five kings...
Numbers 31:8
And they slew the kings of Midian ... namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian.
...along with Balaam (the nice guy with the talking a**).
Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
Then they took the women and children captive, collected their animals and valuables, burned the cities, and returned to Moses.
Numbers 31:9
And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
But Moses wasn't pleased. Here's what he said:
Numbers 31:14-18
And Moses was wroth with the officers ... Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel ... to commit trespass against the LORD ... and there was a plague. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
(You see, it was the Midianite women who had sex and a dinner with the Israelites. And that's what pissed God off so much. So all the non-virgin women had to be killed.)

So that's what they did. They went back and killed all the non-virgin women, keeping the 32,000 virgins alive for themselves. (I'm not sure how they separated the virgins from the non-virgins, but God probably helped out with that.)
(Source)

Anyway, yeah; God's 2,821,364 killings in the Bible and Apocrypha (committed either by him or at his command) sort of put him at odds with the whole "God is Love" image.

Spiritual Counselor

28,790 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Winged 100
Arcoon Effox
rainbowlady1
Arcoon Effox
moy moy2536
Shinji-EVA[01]
heart God is LOVE heart

...Clearly:
Deuteronomy

1) What an incredibly convenient explanation! I imagine a person could just apply it to any verse they don't like, so as to morally rectify God's various acts of cruelty. However, by that same token, if those verses from Deuteronomy were simply written by "somebody with ego and anger issues", that means that any Bible verse is subject to the the same possibility, and the whole thing shouldn't be trusted; It either is the Word of God or it isn't - you can't have it both ways.

2) FYI, God himself is the speaker in those verses from chapter 32 of Deuteronomy, and also the one who demanded the act of genocide chronicled in Numbers 31.

...Incidentally, how familiar are you with that fun little Bible story? I ask because, for some reason, messy stories like this tend to get glossed over (or straight-up omitted) in Sunday School. If you're not acquainted with this particular tale, here's a succinct summary:
Dwindling in Disbelief
This is a bible story that everyone should know.

It begins with God telling Moses to take vengeance on the Midianites. (He doesn't say for what, but I guess it was for the sex and dinner party that brought on God's last round of killings.)

So Moses does what he's told and sends off 12,000 men led by Phinehas (the guy who stopped God from killing everyone by impaling the couple who were having sex).

First they killed every male "as the LORD commanded Moses."
Numbers 31:7
And they warred against the Midianites, as the LORD commanded Moses; and they slew all the males.
Next they killed five kings...
And they slew the kings of Midian ... namely, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, five kings of Midian.
...along with Balaam (the nice guy with the talking a**).
Balaam also the son of Beor they slew with the sword.
Then they took the women and children captive, collected their animals and valuables, burned the cities, and returned to Moses.
Numbers 31:9
And the children of Israel took all the women of Midian captives, and their little ones, and took the spoil of all their cattle, and all their flocks, and all their goods.
But Moses wasn't pleased. Here's what he said:
Numbers 31:14-18
And Moses was wroth with the officers ... Have ye saved all the women alive? Behold, these caused the children of Israel ... to commit trespass against the LORD ... and there was a plague. Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.
(You see, it was the Midianite women who had sex and a dinner with the Israelites. And that's what pissed God off so much. So all the non-virgin women had to be killed.)

So that's what they did. They went back and killed all the non-virgin women, keeping the 32,000 virgins alive for themselves. (I'm not sure how they separated the virgins from the non-virgins, but God probably helped out with that.)
(Source)

Anyway, yeah; God's 2,821,364 killings in the Bible and Apocrypha (committed either by him or at his command) sort of put him at odds with the whole "God is Love" image.

Well, how about the history on HOW the bible was put together? Somebody who only chose the books/writings he wanted that were in line with what HE believed? Threw out the rest? How fair is that? That isn't the best representation of the whole truth or the most accurate one either.

God man, MAN made RELIGION. It isn't all or nothing. The bible was at the mercy of the whims of those who wrote verses, stories, analogies, put things together, translations, etc. Even forgetting a simple COMMA or pause could make a difference in meaning. If you take it all literally, you miss the point.

Personally, I can't see where the message of Jesus to love God and love one another can ever be taken as to mean hate or kill or be disrespectful, etc. But it is subject to interpretations by the millions, and that is just me, addressing it with common sense. I cannot see how the great creator of the UNIVERSE is going to stoop down to the level of human ego. Anybody could have written those verses and called it "God's word". If I can believe anything from the bible, I look to Jesus and what he stood for.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Kiumaru
The first line really reminds me of a rick roll.

But two things:

That translation seems like it's a bit too liberal for the message. I suppose it's trying to appeal to new generations, but I think it goes too far.

And, the Love professed in that verse and the Love which seems to be the overarching message if the Bible seem a bit different.

The bible has rickrolled us all and it got there first... rofl

Mora Starseed's Husband

Intellectual Combatant

11,225 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
rainbowlady1
Well, how about the history on HOW the bible was put together? Somebody who only chose the books/writings he wanted that were in line with what HE believed? Threw out the rest? How fair is that? That isn't the best representation of the whole truth or the most accurate one either.

...The bible was at the mercy of the whims of those who wrote verses, stories, analogies, put things together, translations, etc.
Thank you for supporting my point: How can anybody take any of it seriously, bearing those things in mind? Furthermore, how can anybody determinately pick and choose which verses are God-inspired and which ones aren't, since the very process you described renders every verse suspect to alteration, exaggeration, and/or fabrication?
rainbowlady1
Arcoon Effox
...It's either is the Word of God or it isn't - you can't have it both ways.
It isn't all or nothing.
When it comes to this it is, because of its nature of the claim associated with it. Either the Bible is the Word of God, or it's a book of moralistically-oriented mythology from a Bronze-Age culture.

I'm leaning more toward the latter, as large chunks of of the earlier section of said mythology were stolen 'borrowed' from older cultures, and others have been archaeologically disproved - and since the OT is the foundation for the NT...
rainbowlady1
If you take it all literally, you miss the point.
Is there a guide someplace as to which parts are metaphorical and which aren't? You'd think that they'd make some sort of annotation about such things in the margins, because taking certain things as one when they are actually the other could, by the Bible's own prescription, have some serious consequences.
rainbowlady1
Personally, I can't see where the message of Jesus to love God and love one another can ever be taken as to mean hate or kill or be disrespectful, etc.
I'm not taking Jesus' (alleged) message to mean anything of the sort; what I'm saying is that God is absolutely not "love", and that the Bible has a plethora of evidence that shows such.

You want another example? How about the story of Job, in which God gives Satan permission to kill Job's family, destroy his home, and take away pretty much everything he has. And why did God do this to a man who was "perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil"? Why, it was so he could win an effing bet with the Devil, of course!

"God is love", my a**...
rainbowlady1
...common sense.
Common sense and religion cannot live under the same roof, because religion defies common sense. Religion is about believing in impossible things which can't be proven, which isn't sensible.
rainbowlady1
I cannot see how the great creator of the UNIVERSE is going to stoop down to the level of human ego.
eek ...what?

God's first two commandments are to worship only him because he's "a jealous God". If that's not a good enough example, how about the whole "if you don't worship me and do what I say, I'll see to it that you spend all eternity in agony" thing...? We're talking about a guy who created Seraphim for the sole purpose sitting around his throne and singing about how cool he is, "day and night with out ceasing", for all eternity.

Where do you think the expression "God complex" comes from?
rainbowlady1
Anybody could have written those verses and called it "God's word". If I can believe anything from the bible, I look to Jesus and what he stood for.
Since "anybody could have written those verses", and considering what you said about the whims of editors, how can you know that Jesus' message isn't a construct as well? Think about it: If those verses could be 'affected by man' or whatever, then by the same token any of them can.

Kawaii Sentai

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces