the desert. 0.027027027027027 2.7% [ 2 ]
the jungle. 0.25675675675676 25.7% [ 19 ]
the swamp. 0.081081081081081 8.1% [ 6 ]
generic greenery. 0.27027027027027 27.0% [ 20 ]
other (post) 0.14864864864865 14.9% [ 11 ]
Total Votes:[ 74 ]
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 >

Biggest Anubutt

Sorry if this is a repeat topic. I just finally got to play the full version and am excited, as I've been watching Minecraft vids for a while, wanted to play, computer issues, and finally after a LOT of months if not a year, got to play.

So yea, just messing around in singleplayer in my own little world. I unfortunately spawned on an island in at least a group of five. No the best, but having fun messing around as I get started. After a bit went past the fifth island I found (and finally set up a little shack on after dying a bit and going not too far back to where I spawned) and found a desert, but with like hills with lava and stone (at to that point the only coal I found which I then lost). Back on the island I started on I started a little oak tree farm to grow apples and while there I discovered coal. mad

Anyway, wondering if anyone else started at a poor spawn point.

EDIT: New question...

How do you update the game to get to be able to craft slime blocks?

Heroic Senshi

I once started on a large biome map on an island with one tree. I believe I took the saplings, dug deep underground and tried to start an underground tree farm with torches.

Dangerous Businessman

7,675 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
why'd it take you so long?

sounded like you reallly wanted it.

Biggest Anubutt

Super Sailor Moon
I once started on a large biome map on an island with one tree. I believe I took the saplings, dug deep underground and tried to start an underground tree farm with torches.

How'd it turn out?

The orchard I was making was going fine, then this one oak sapling which never grew, sprouted SO tall after I went to the fifth island to collect my stuff and resettle on my spawning island. I don't want to cut it down, it's so nice...but think I'll try a new orchard spot.

I actually wanna try slowing building under the water just for fun...funny how I spawned in an island chain.

Biggest Anubutt

xLiemx
why'd it take you so long?

sounded like you reallly wanted it.

Computer issues. Couldn;t get my old comp to work, think it had a virus or something and updates weren't happening. Then I tried an older comp, but that turned out to have sucky graphics problems. Finally got a new comp for my birthday, so YAY MINECRAFT! sweatdrop

Biggest Anubutt

added 2 questions I have into the first post
I once started on a small island, like you'd see in cartoons on comics with like a small hill of sand. That's was it. Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffun.

Question 1) Yah, you jump and you place. It's all timing and rhythm, really.

Question 2)

Quote:
A mob that has had no player within 32 blocks of it for more than 30 seconds has a 1 in 800 chance of despawning on each game tick (1/20th of a second). Therefore, the half-life of monsters not within 32 blocks of a player is 27.73 seconds (after the initial 30 seconds have elapsed).
A mob will immediately despawn if there is no player within 128 blocks of it. Note that this is a Euclidean sphere, not a cylinder from map top to bottom and not a taxicab sphere (which is more of a diamond). Example: A mob at 0/y/0 will remain at least 30 seconds (as above) if the player moves to 65/y/65 (real distance 91.9), but despawns immediately if the player moves to 91/y/91 (real distance 128.7).
All hostile mobs (including those that are holding items) in a world will despawn if the difficulty is set to peaceful, regardless as to where the player is positioned in the world.
In multiplayer, despawning does not occur while there are no players in the game.
A monster which has been named with a name tag will not despawn. However, one created from a renamed spawn egg will despawn as normal.
When a monster despawns, any armor it is wearing or item it is holding vanish with it.

That's the wiki's answer. I've gone 1000 blocks away from my starting point at one point and I still had all of the animals around when I went back home, so ...

Biggest Anubutt

Loreneth
I once started on a small island, like you'd see in cartoons on comics with like a small hill of sand. That's was it. Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffun.

Question 1) Yah, you jump and you place. It's all timing and rhythm, really.

Question 2)

Quote:
A mob that has had no player within 32 blocks of it for more than 30 seconds has a 1 in 800 chance of despawning on each game tick (1/20th of a second). Therefore, the half-life of monsters not within 32 blocks of a player is 27.73 seconds (after the initial 30 seconds have elapsed).
A mob will immediately despawn if there is no player within 128 blocks of it. Note that this is a Euclidean sphere, not a cylinder from map top to bottom and not a taxicab sphere (which is more of a diamond). Example: A mob at 0/y/0 will remain at least 30 seconds (as above) if the player moves to 65/y/65 (real distance 91.9), but despawns immediately if the player moves to 91/y/91 (real distance 128.7).
All hostile mobs (including those that are holding items) in a world will despawn if the difficulty is set to peaceful, regardless as to where the player is positioned in the world.
In multiplayer, despawning does not occur while there are no players in the game.
A monster which has been named with a name tag will not despawn. However, one created from a renamed spawn egg will despawn as normal.
When a monster despawns, any armor it is wearing or item it is holding vanish with it.

That's the wiki's answer. I've gone 1000 blocks away from my starting point at one point and I still had all of the animals around when I went back home, so ...

Thanks, I just don't think I'm able to stack under myself. I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing. Like I had to edit my track pad's settings so I could look around while moving. That demo got annoying having to stop to turn or fight so rigid against mobs.

Ah, I notice animal that spawn that I don't block in stay (like this cow on one island I thankfully found again for milk). Guess I'll try that next time I see a wolf.

Shirtless Gawker

Before the XBOX version, my brother and i would play all the time on the computer when we could.
We once build a lava glass tower..
We had built it with stairs in the middle, and then lava going on the inside and outsides of the stairs in a spiral case! It reached up to the skys! I wish he still had the server, we did some amazing stuff!!

One the XBOX i had spawned on a mountainy scape. It was amazing! I was able to blow the biggest mountain i could find off the ground to make it into a floating mountain with help of friends. It took us a few days, but once we finished the mountains, it was pretty awesome!
4laugh

Darling

I once spawned on one of those weird floating islands that aren't actually attached to anything. No way down without taking fall damage.

Biggest Anubutt

iDoctorWhovian
Before the XBOX version, my brother and i would play all the time on the computer when we could.
We once build a lava glass tower..
We had built it with stairs in the middle, and then lava going on the inside and outsides of the stairs in a spiral case! It reached up to the skys! I wish he still had the server, we did some amazing stuff!!

One the XBOX i had spawned on a mountainy scape. It was amazing! I was able to blow the biggest mountain i could find off the ground to make it into a floating mountain with help of friends. It took us a few days, but once we finished the mountains, it was pretty awesome!
4laugh

Sounds neat.

I built a lava lamp in this hidden room I found in one of the smaller appearance islands in the group of five I spawned on. I wasn't satisfied with torches during the demo and hadn't gotten coal really. I felt the lava lamp would be neat and do the job. I built a water elevator to the room with a lava lamp a bit above it; nine glass with eight attached above it with the center missing for the lava. I went back once, and as I was exiting the elevator, a creeper was there and blew up. I was sent to spawn and I heard the lava lamp break. I rushed back, and was startled by another creeper as soon as I got back in there. This time I didn't go to spawn and luckily the lava was contained thanks to how I had the elevator set up and not much was destroyed.

So while it lit up the room nicely, it didn't seem to do the job the torches did. Now I have the dark nooks lit and since then, no mobs thankfully.

Biggest Anubutt

Thunder ll
I once spawned on one of those weird floating islands that aren't actually attached to anything. No way down without taking fall damage.

I've seen floating islands in vids. Only majorly weird thing I saw was a birch tree not connected to the ground, so I made it a hybrid with oak wood, lol (unless it was from a creeper, but it was early in the game and don't think so as everything else seemed to be in place).

I want to explore more of the world, but I also don't want to leave my island chain completely and am worried about getting lost. I know there are beacons and maps and compasses, but really wish there was better teleporting than nether portal linking (which seems hard). So so far I've just been exploring the islands and getting settled. I luckily got a carrot from a zombie, so trying to grow a carrot farm. Just wish I had more bones to make bone meal.

Biggest Anubutt

I found a desert biome, but instead of lava pools, it has almost volcano-like things. Hills with lava, stone, an the occasional coal inside. I've never seen anything like that in vids. Is it just a regular desert?

nohie's Significant Otter

Friendly Consumer

I got a lovely spawn not to long ago were I spawned in a lava pit.

Biggest Anubutt

Zombieh Man
I got a lovely spawn not to long ago were I spawned in a lava pit.

On a non-lava block at least?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces