Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Seeker

It was the coolest thing ever. My team went in and placed down all of their cc. I was at the back throwing down some Qs and i got a double kill with one Q, and then my E got a triple, and I q'd another and got a quadra, and i saw katarina running away, so naturally, i pressed R.
And I got the penta, and
and
ugh i loved my team for it.
My friend was like "......i can't believe it. He got a pentakill as Pentakill Karthus. How"

Have any of you gotten any pentakills? or quadras?
it's always cool getting one, especially when it's not given to you by the enemy team.
That's metal as ********.

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
Pics or didn't happen.

But in all actuality, well done, very fitting.

Liberal Seeker

Believe it or not, I lost the match data from it. D:<
I was playing it really late, and the new patch rolled out and so we all disconnected from it. I was hoping to printscreen the stuff to share it but NOPE, THE GODS ARE AGAINST ME.

At least it's in my friends memories, and my own.

But it's such a damn shame. It's the only pentakill i gotten in Summoner's Rift too. Dx

edit: just realized how "excuses, excuses" this seems like.
I SWEAR ON ME MUM.

Fashionable Ladykiller

10,900 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Awesome, man!

When I play, I go for weird strategies and distraction techniques, so usually the most I get is a bunch of assists and maybe 1 or 2 kills. I'm still a rookie, though, so I still have lots of opportunity to get pentakills under my belt.

Bloodthirsty Medic

15,100 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Cosmic Healer 200

User Image

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Dude I am so proud of you! That gives me some serious hope for Karth, I feel like they need to do SOMETHING to make him really viable again ;^; One of my best friends mains Karthus and she hates playing him because of how weak he is anymore... I gotta tell her you did that, she'll be happy heart

I've gotten a penta with Kat, Cait and Jinx, and countless quadras (Miss Fortune, Akali, Jinx, Jax, Ashe, lots of them OTL)

Liberal Seeker

Koi Nami

User Image

Dude I am so proud of you! That gives me some serious hope for Karth, I feel like they need to do SOMETHING to make him really viable again ;^; One of my best friends mains Karthus and she hates playing him because of how weak he is anymore... I gotta tell her you did that, she'll be happy heart

I've gotten a penta with Kat, Cait and Jinx, and countless quadras (Miss Fortune, Akali, Jinx, Jax, Ashe, lots of them OTL)

Whaaat. I mean, I think the problem with Karthus is the fact that there are so many mobility mages/huge burst mages that just don't let him do the damage he needs to deal. Which is why he isn't strictly a Must Pick. He's pretty difficult to use against someone like Ahri/Diana/Fizz.
But when it comes to damage, Karthus has enormous damage on his Q, and his E is one of the best basic ability AOEs in game.
In that game that I got the pentakill, I used two Qs on their Varus, and the poor thing melted. :c It was ridiculous. But yeah, he's very weak in terms of survivability, and champions that deal similar damage have better ways of surviving. But I don't think surviving is Karthus's thing. I think he's more of a "DEALING DAMAGE UNTIL EVERYONE IS ALMOST DEAD, THEN USING MY PASSIVE TO KILL ALL."

Just a few tips if your friend is having trouble with him:
- You always want to focus on farm first. He has incredible dueling power but he's nothing without farm (before Rod of Ages). If it's a super strong match up (Akali, Fizz, Ziggs) Get some pots and try to hang back while farming and let your jungler know you'll need some help.
- Always try to land the Q right behind the champion if you want to poke. They tend to walk back a lot. If that isn't working, go back to farming and once you feel good enough, land the wall right on them and start Q-ing. Try to not use your Q on them if they're in minions, as it's just not effective and you'll probably lose CS that way.
-Try to get the Rod of Ages as fast as possible. If you can get it by 10 (or 12) minutes, you're set for mid game. I avoid grabbing Tear until I have my RoA because the sooner you get the health/mana, the more your health is effective until they build stronger items. After Rod of Ages, Straight for a RabCap. He needs a lot of AP so those ults start kill steal-err, kill securing. wink
- Don't forget, when you die as him, you can use at least two Qs (or three, if you have cdr) and his W before you can cast the ult. So always make sure to land those if you need to deal just a bit more damage.
-Lastly, I tend to pick favorable match-ups against him. Anyone with mobility is usually a no-go for him, and anyone with burst (Like Annie/Syndra) is also pretty strong against him, so I avoid those match ups. Pick him against champions that need to set up in order to kill (Lux, Ziggs needs to poke you down, Cass needs to land poison on you, Orianna needs to poke you down) But honestly, if you love Karthus, you'll always pick him and try your best regardless.
Just FYI, the game I got a pentakill in, I fought against Katarina. ^^
So, just have fun with him! I hope my advice helps a bit!

Loving Wife

I've gotten a pentakill with Tryndamere in ranked. My proudest moment while jungling.

Widower

Lonely Noob

11,550 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Sausage Fest 200
Deiric
Believe it or not, I lost the match data from it. D:<
I was playing it really late, and the new patch rolled out and so we all disconnected from it. I was hoping to printscreen the stuff to share it but NOPE, THE GODS ARE AGAINST ME.

At least it's in my friends memories, and my own.

But it's such a damn shame. It's the only pentakill i gotten in Summoner's Rift too. Dx

edit: just realized how "excuses, excuses" this seems like.
I SWEAR ON ME MUM.
If you were to go to lolnexus and it was in your most recent 20 games it would display the champion and your highest kill count so it would display the penta.
I get quadras all the time, cant seem to get the penta due to KS or the enemy champion is just to far away or farming for some reason.

I have only gotten an Penta once.

As Soraka.

Greedy Citizen

10,625 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Contributor 150
Only got a Quadra as AP Lulu rofl

Brainy Smoker

Ive gotten two pentas.. one with miss fortune in a ranked, and another with braum in a normal.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff