Welcome to Gaia! ::

Space Pup

AmiDream
It's okay! There's no need to apologize. I just figured that you were busy or something. No worries whee
Hahaha!! I do that most of the time too! I will read a pm or post, bookmark it and sometimes forget to reply back.

It's nice to meet someone who has a mini shop addiction. I can't help myself when I go to the mini shops and spend gold. Especially if there's a new update at my favorite shop! It feels like Christmas. xD I don't know what I would do if I accidentally deleted my important info for my toybox... ;_;

*pats you on the back* No problem! x3 You have a really organized toybox. I can tell that you put effort into making it...I won't be able to say the same thing about mine. xD Mine will be simple, that's all I know and then maybe I will add more details later??

Hmmm...I wish I could remember the first post I made when I started exploring the mini shop forum. I looked up the "Once Upon A Time" shop and it's adorable! It's a shame I missed out on it, I didn't start buying from mini shops until 2010. Pixel art is amazing, but I do enjoy softies as well. Which probably explains why I liked Evergreen Willow's shop. Don't even get me started on the custom item shops where you get to "build your own.." AHHH!!! So exciting! x3

2012 had some awesome minishops! I didn't have much money during those days, but that didn't stop me from booty grabbing like a maniac and then spending my gold at the shops. Teaspoons? Why does that sound familiar? *looks it up* Oh yes! I missed out on this one! I remember this place, plus I was able to take some freebies. xP Wagashi is amazing!I made sure to grab everything from there. xD I used to shop a Sakura's Bazaar. I love the shops that have more than one artist working together.

It's okay for the long wall of text. I talk a lot too xP

i've been really terrible with it this past year.
ther was one msg that i left my friend hanging for almost 3
months x: 00ps

minishops are so niceeeee and i can't help but want to support
them either. it really does feel like christmas when there's an
update; you just wnat EVERYTHING
you might cry ... then slowly rebuild it

it really helps that i started organized. bc if i didn't, it would look
like a pos now. i'm so lazy with updating it now but i've made it
easy on myself . thank u past self. you're gr8 :,)

2012 was the holy grail for me. i'm sure there were tons more
before that too. more beautiful pixels... emotion_drool
yess too bad to hear about that
i remember almost hitting 200k and i kept fluctuating and not
hitting it bc i kept buying things haha.
to me it was tons of gold that i could throw around. it also really
helps that i didnt want anything enough to quest for it !

i dont recall sakura's bazaar but yes! to see a variety of things is
always super cool! like uhmm, someone's shop has a "featured
artist" section. the shop is handled by lord kiwi drop! i can't remember
the shop name but it's pretty and starts w a B ! (not the butterfly one) hehh sweatdrop

User Image

Space Pup

Spiritual Muse

15,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
And thank you to all of the artists who gave freebies! heart

Custard Bun - Full Cakes: Ghostie, Pumpkin & Tombstone - 600g

Evergreen Willow - Cake Set, Treat Pails:Jack, Jack-o-Lanterns Set, & Candy: Candy Corn - 5000g

Kiwi Hatake - Maple Brew #4 - 500g

sushi_mew - Witch Hats Set - 1600g

Grand Total: 7700g

~~~I Will Now Send A LABELED Trade Containing The Pg # To HolidayJubilee Or My Order Will Be Skipped Until I Fix It.~~~

Demonic Hunter

9,225 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100

D_Negel - Potions Set & Black Rose Skull - 2000g

Dancing in Lunar Rays - Holy Water & Demon Blood Set - 1000g

Evergreen Willow - Potions Set & Monsters Set - 4600g

GRAPHlTE - EVERYTHING - 26000g

Grand Total: 33600g

~~~I Will Now Send A LABELED Trade Containing The Pg # To HolidayJubilee Or My Order Will Be Skipped Until I Fix It.~~~

9,550 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conversationalist 100
sushi_mew

For three months?! gonk I don't think I've ever went that long without replying.xD I usually might go a week? I've met a few people on Gaia over the years who would get upset with me for not replying right away. xP

Years ago, I couldn't buy everything I wanted from the mini shops. I have the funds to get everything I want now which is exciting. I can help show support to my favorite shops and get awesome pixel art. ^_^

So jealous! gonk I wish I would have thought about organizing my pixels early. I find myself coming across art where I can't remember or find what store it came from. Any suggestions on what I should do? xP I guess I could just leave them out of the toybox and save them on my comp?

Hahahaha!! You sound like me, minishops are the reason why I have so much trouble with maintaining a certain amount of gold. I don't even bother with questing. xP

Oh! You're talking about the Beli Cafe? That shop has been around for a very long time. I remember not being able to buy anything from their because it was too expensive for me at the time. As soon as I got the opportunity, I placed a large order and went crazy. I missed out on Touya's Bakery. D: Butterfly Bistro is ran by Porcelain Monarch...I think? *too lazy to look it up* I'm excited about the re-opening of truffle luffle for the holidays.

Lavish Spirit

The Dread Wolf's Buttercup

Somber Dreamer

sushi_mew
Orchid Dreams
@sushi - How long did it take you to set up your toybox? :O
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
          @ orchid User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

like, a while orz i can't remember how long
        but i do remember just posting and going
        back to actually put things in!

Putting out posts and not limiting yourself
        to what you want on each page made it
        easier for me since my collection is quite a
        bit. C,: (i'm not even close to touching the
        older collectors though omgosh)

It definitely wasn't just one day though! I had
        to come back to it after several days of rest

(( do you have one set up ? ))

OMG, I'm so so sorry about the lateness. The event and life pretty much just made me forget about everything.

Wow, that's just a lot of posts then.
Yeah, I think I'd have trouble figuring out how I'd want to organize a toybox - alphabetically, categorical grouping, by date, etc.
Really? How much content do the older collections have? I'm just bummed that some of the shops I haven't visited have closed down so I can't order from them at all. D;

Yeah, I think my head would burst if I had to organize one all at once, instead of spacing it out.

Nope, I currently do not have one set up. I'm not sure about how to start one and where, and the amount of work to be done is just amazingly tiring for me to try. I just save them to both of my Photobuckets and my hard drive.
Orders sent!

Space Pup

Space Pup

AmiDream

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.lolol yep 3 months. though that's mostly bc i had decided to leave the
        site for a bit. it wasn't unitl i was going through and sorting my bookmarks
        that i found it xD
        ahhh nooo it's okay with me ; i'm used tot alking with my friends from
        other sites. we all always get bursts of activity and are always leaving
        and coming back a month later LOL

yeah! i was able to get some things from mini shops but I couldn't quest
        and get mini shop items so there were times of buying and times
        where i missed out on a bunch of things~

LOL i was and am very folder crazy when it comes to my computer haha.
        RL too if i could D;
        it really helped if i knew certain things were the same art style and put
        it into one post by itself. And I would post a link to the front of my toybox
        asking people if they knew what store it was from ! (example would be
        my second post called "missing links" wink . I ended up with only 2 posts that I
        didn't know who it was from and Sachie Whitby (also a minishop conoissieur;
        though was much richer than me and much quicker too lol!) pm'd me with
        links and the names of the place! I also had this habit of saving the image with
        the store name if i didn't want to make a folder for just the 1 freebie
        TL;DR if you can group the like-items together into one post for each "shop/group"
        and ask, someone is bound to know or have an inkling ! it can also help to ask
        old minishoppers (if you happen to chance a conversation with one) if they
        could help you figure out where it's from and link them to the toybox post or
        your toybox in general !
        saving them name less can drive me crazy bc then it's just art that i can't show
        off bc i'll feel bad that i can't place it so i deleted all of the ones i couldn't
        place (except for 2 stores which i got to the bottom on after my toybox was
        set up and sachie sent me a pm!)

with the inflation, i find that minishops now are hella cheap even after a tip,
        so it's much easier to quest now hahahh

yess beli cafe! it has been around for a very long time ! i remmeber not being
        able to buy everything too ! i also remmeber it being auctioned off and i
        remember it re-opening ! gosh i didn't realize how long it had been really 0:
        and touya's bakery just recnetly closed earlier this year; sometime in the summer
        i think ! i was able to grab a couple of items a couple of days before he closed
        shop so good timing C,:
        butterfly bistro is indeed!!! it's a joint account i think; shop mule. there's 2 artists
        for the shop and everything looks so good haha
        oh! okay so they will re-open it. i didn't know of the shop until a week or so ago
        when i saw the user asking for feedback. i look forward to seeing their wares hehe >:]

Space Pup

Orchid Dreams

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.naaahhh don't even worry about it! all that matters is that you got around to it eventually hehe

i didn't want to organize my toybox to such an extent bc i knew i wouldn't stop buying things from
        the minishops and i would want to move all of the posts accoridngly when i bought something
        from a new shop!
        the most would be by date of my order? which is how my toybox is continuing right now 3nodding
        ah, i meant that my collection isn't as large as older users who have been collecting for a longer
        time than i have; that my collection is nothing compared to theirs

mini shoppers are always really good at binge shopping i think LOL

i like to put mine into a thread in the test forum where no one would post. i've also seen people
        who create guilds to house thier toybox. to start, you would have to decide what you want and
        what you don't want in your toybox. for example: what i wanted for my toybox was a table on contents
        on the first page. i also wanted a first page of just introductions and w/e and that my items would
        start on the second page. i also wanted as many links for each post and for no posts to have no
        name/no link. (i ended up deleting a bit of things from my computer bc of that rule).
        it's a bit of work, esp. when you start it (by the time people want to start a toybox, they already
        have hundreds of things gossh)

originally, i wasn't even going to have a toybox. i uploaded it all to my photobucket in nice little
        folders bc i was paranoid that my computer would crash and i would lose my collection lol

sorry that all this came spilling out when you asked such a simple question LOL

Edgiest Knife

43,715 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Edgiest 250
Back for more!

Custard Bun - Cake Pops (Guy, Girl) - 200g

sushi_mew - Turkey Hands (Vampire, Normal, Pirate), Golbat Pixels Set - 4800g

Grand Total: 5000g + tip

Friday_Dora
Back for more!
Nice to see you back! :)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out