Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Wolf

7,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
God know's what the ******** Dir en Grey is. They're my favorite band but I can't in the everlasting ******** know what the ******** they're playing.

Also, back to the thread.
This is as prog. as I'm going to get:

Gracious Prophet

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Seath The Scaleless
God know's what the ******** Dir en Grey is. They're my favorite band but I can't in the everlasting ******** know what the ******** they're playing.

Also, back to the thread.
This is as prog. as I'm going to get:

This is actually one of my favorites~!! <3 I know it's not /quite/ prog but this is a masterpiece all on its own.

Versatile Explorer

Zelkiiro
On the proggy side of things, you can't go wrong with Vektor.

That intro riff is to die for.

Vampire State Building
Why wouldn't you just listen to Voivod instead

It's good though
exclaim

Ayreonauts Only
Hoyt Volker v47
thrash is best, ******** you

Ahh yes. Of course. :3 Though I agree because some of those vocals and notes are incredible... King Diamond anyone?

Ignore him, he's an idiot whose purpose is to be banned 69 times. Also thrash is one of the most boring and lesser metal genres, so that's funny.
Who honestly puts "no elitists/haters" in their thread title believing that some elitist/hater will think "Oh, ******** symphonic prog I hate that ******** s**t oh wait... this guy said no elitists/haters... guess that means I can't post"?

Anyway, I don't really care for symphonic metal, but Devin Townsend, Riverside, Ackercoke, Green Carnation, Indukti, and Maudlin of the Well are all pretty good. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment.

Can't stand Coheed, by the way.

Versatile Explorer

Doghouse Reilly
Who honestly puts "no elitists/haters" in their thread title believing that some elitist/hater will think "Oh, ******** symphonic prog I hate that ******** s**t oh wait... this guy said no elitists/haters... guess that means I can't post"?

Anyway, I don't really care for symphonic metal, but Devin Townsend, Riverside, Ackercoke, Green Carnation, Indukti, and Maudlin of the Well are all pretty good. I'm sure there are others that I can't think of at the moment.

lmao, yeah... cause it repels people. lol
Also I never saw the appeal for Coheed and Cambria, there is something about their sound I don't like but something that I do once I heard them again.

Gracious Prophet

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mandrakk The Dark Monitor
Also thrash is one of the most boring and lesser metal genres, so that's funny.

This is hilarious because most of the Metal Elitists are 110% Thrash and nothing else. When I lived in one place and hung out with the metalheads, went to local shows etc. They were all about the Thrash and if I mentioned anything out of the ordinary they'd hysterically laugh collectively, and call me cute. ********. Haha. I'd be like "Do you like my Edguy shirt?" And get a faceful of opinion. XD

Gracious Prophet

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Doghouse Reilly

I'm not a fan of Coheed. There are certain Vocal styles I can't stand and that band features the king of them. razz And it just makes it easier to report the haters if they throw insults in here that are extremely hurtful/threatening etc.

You like Devin Townsend? Ahh, me too my friend. Strapping Young Lad, DT Project, Lots of interesting little creations here + there. He also makes a quest appearance in... This song... One of my favorite Ayreon tunes. It's just so heavy and different!

Gracious Prophet

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Peter SteeIe

Thanks for sharing! Maynard James Keenan is god. I love Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer etc. biggrin

Versatile Explorer

Ayreonauts Only

This is hilarious because most of the Metal Elitists are 110% Thrash and nothing else. When I lived in one place and hung out with the metalheads, went to local shows etc. They were all about the Thrash and if I mentioned anything out of the ordinary they'd hysterically laugh collectively, and call me cute. ********. Haha. I'd be like "Do you like my Edguy shirt?" And get a faceful of opinion. XD

Thrash heads are the worst.
The embody every negative stereotype of metalheads and listen to a lot of boring crap and some bad stuff, which is funny. Suppose you brought up Death, Doom and Black metal... how would they react?
Can you give me an example as to thing you'd mention? surprised

"I'd be like "Do you like my Edguy shirt?""
I recommend not asking that, if they like it or dislike it, they'll react some way. As for you being called cute? Idk, maybe you are cute. 3nodding

Gracious Prophet

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
Ayreonauts Only

The embody every negative stereotype of metalheads and listen to a lot of boring crap and some bad stuff, which is funny. Suppose you brought up Death, Doom and Black metal... how would they react?

I recommend not asking that, if they like it or dislike it, they'll react some way. As for you being called cute? Idk, maybe you are cute. 3nodding

The cute calling is more my personality. Sometimes I'd be like, hey that's an awesome riff in that song it reminds me of ______ by _____. (Usually somehow going back to power metal or something bizzare) Then they retort with something along the lines of... "You listen to THAT!? Have you no idea what TRUEEEE METAAARRRUUUUU is?!!" *insert some angry nods from fellow thrashheads and cheersing.
Then I'd usually go on about how I like all different stuff, to which I'd get "Your music taste is s**t, you need to listen to _______ and _____ and get that other s**t as far away from you as you can."

Gracious Prophet

10,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I was listening to one of my favourite night time prog albums, and this song made me start having issues because I'm listening to it on a Diablo 3 Siberia headset... And there was knocking in the background. I took my headset off trying to figure out wtf was going on. Thought it was in real life. razz

Romantic Wolf

7,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Hey man.
Thrash has some of the greatest albums of All time. Of all time.

Like ******** Spectrum of Death.

Versatile Explorer

Ayreonauts Only
Ayreonauts Only

The cute calling is more my personality. Sometimes I'd be like, hey that's an awesome riff in that song it reminds me of ______ by _____. (Usually somehow going back to power metal or something bizzare) Then they retort with something along the lines of... "You listen to THAT!? Have you no idea what TRUEEEE METAAARRRUUUUU is?!!" *insert some angry nods from fellow thrashheads and cheersing.
Then I'd usually go on about how I like all different stuff, to which I'd get "Your music taste is s**t, you need to listen to _______ and _____ and get that other s**t as far away from you as you can."

I know they were talking about you. lol
Power metal is bizzare? lmao
Well they sound like a bunch of douchebags and tools and I dunno why you hang out with them.
Implying different stuff is bad, but they have their heads so deep in their asses so.... yeah.
They probably listen to s**t I bet (what do they listen to anyways?), doesn't change the facts that they are ignoramuses.

Versatile Explorer

Seath The Scaleless
Hey man.
Thrash has some of the greatest albums of All time. Of all time.

Like ******** Spectrum of Death.

And Death, Doom and Black doesn't? Of course there is some good thrash out there! But a lot of it is boring and it's nothing that those 3 can't offer in better and more diverse, creative ways. So for me it's like... why listen to thrash?

I mean... I.N.R.I. is always going to be a classic and Slayer's older work. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff