Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Conversationalist

9,050 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Big Tipper 100
I don't know if this story is true or not, but I heard it somewhere and it made me tear up. I just wanted to share it with you.

Jim was visiting Arlington cemetery on memorial day. His father was buried there, and he wanted to leave a few roses on his grave. As Jim walked through the cemetery, he noticed a young woman standing beneath a tree, just looking around, not paying attention to any grave in particular. Tears were streaming down her face, yet she was smiling so hard that her cheeks were turning red. Jim approached the woman.
"Hello, there." he greeted.
"Hello." she replied. "Beautiful day, isn't it?"
"Yeah. It's weird, but memorial day is always a sunny day where I live. Kinda apropo, huh?" he laughed.
"Yes, it is." She laughed too, but continued to cry. She wasn't sobbing or anything, there were just tears streaming down her face. Jim thought she was trying to be strong or something, and decided to console her.
"You know, this is just me, but I never really mourn the soldiers that are lost. I sort of silently thank them, wherever they are, for defending me and everyone else in this country. I loved my dad so much, and when he died in service, it made me love him even more."
"Oh, I'm not crying out of mourning," she said, "it's pride that's making me well up."
"Ah, I see. Do you have family or friends buried here?" Jim asked.
"No." she said. The woman looked at him for a second, bid him a happy memorial day, then walked away.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5,500 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
interesting...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items