Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gorath Tsu

I think Derpy and Doctor Whooves (or Doctor Hooves) are also their "official" names. The names came from fans and after a while the production team took up the names. Even the toys are listed under those names. Well, actually, the Derpy toys don't show a name from what I've seen, they just have a picture of a cupcake or Derpy's face. The Time Turner toys I've seen are marked as "Doctor Whooves". I have a vinyl figure of him and it's marked Doctor Whooves.

In one episode Rainbow Dash even calls Ditzy "Derpy", though from what I read the episode only aired once and then was edited so Rainbow Dash didn't call her anything at all because people complained that they were making fun of mentally handicapped people. Pfft. People always have to find something to complain about...

I keep hoping that Think Geek comes out with a toy set with a miniature Doctor Whooves, Rose
and a TARDIS... That would be epic. They already have a plush backpack of Doctor Whooves carrying a sonic screwdriver in his mouth.

Weird Al is epic, though. He's even epic as a pony. xd I hope they come out with a Cheese Sandwich toy... And Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie make an awesome couple.

I wonder if they'll ever make a pony referencing Star Wars? I would totally geek out...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Edit:
It seems my dream will be coming true...

PINKIE IS BEST PONY

ninja

I think they go with fan names just as much as the 'real' names because they're super geeks just like their fans. XD

If they never make a Star Wars or Trek reference, I am going to be horribly disappointed.

Also, feel free to PM me if you'd rather chat that way instead of in this forum. xD It's awesome and all but I think we're running out of Star Wars stuff to geek over to keep it relevant. XP

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
Kegokec

I think Derpy and Doctor Whooves (or Doctor Hooves) are also their "official" names. The names came from fans and after a while the production team took up the names. Even the toys are listed under those names. Well, actually, the Derpy toys don't show a name from what I've seen, they just have a picture of a cupcake or Derpy's face. The Time Turner toys I've seen are marked as "Doctor Whooves". I have a vinyl figure of him and it's marked Doctor Whooves.

In one episode Rainbow Dash even calls Ditzy "Derpy", though from what I read the episode only aired once and then was edited so Rainbow Dash didn't call her anything at all because people complained that they were making fun of mentally handicapped people. Pfft. People always have to find something to complain about...

I keep hoping that Think Geek comes out with a toy set with a miniature Doctor Whooves, Rose
and a TARDIS... That would be epic. They already have a plush backpack of Doctor Whooves carrying a sonic screwdriver in his mouth.

Weird Al is epic, though. He's even epic as a pony. xd I hope they come out with a Cheese Sandwich toy... And Cheese Sandwich and Pinkie Pie make an awesome couple.

I wonder if they'll ever make a pony referencing Star Wars? I would totally geek out...

Edit:
It seems my dream will be coming true...

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gorath Tsu
Kegokec
]

Heh heh, Friendship is Magic is awesome. I'm a total brony, I'll admit it. I've seen most of the FiM episodes as well except for the Nightmare Night one... While the Hub seems to reply every episode over and over again they never seem to replay that one for some reason... x.x

Rainbow Dash is just plain epic. So is Cheese Sandwich (Weird Al <3). And Doctor Whooves, of course!

I've seen people named Han, actually, but I've never seen anyone named Lando. ^^;;

My boyfriend is a brony. His favorite is Rainbow Dash as well. So he has a brony RBD wallet and a RBD hoodie. xD My daughter likes Fluttershy and I like Pinkie Pie. Which is why when they had the Weird Al/Cheese Sandwich episode I about died. I love him. And he's a Pinkie fan as Cheese. xD

I think Doctor Whooves is a fan given name. Like Derpy. xD Their real names are Time Turner and Ditzy Doo, I believe?

I know there was a pony in one of the newest episodes with a freaking grumpy cat cutie mark. o_o Rarity Takes Manehatten episode.

I'll have to comb wookieepedia for Star Wars based names if I ever have another kid. xD

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Kegokec
]

Heh heh, Friendship is Magic is awesome. I'm a total brony, I'll admit it. I've seen most of the FiM episodes as well except for the Nightmare Night one... While the Hub seems to reply every episode over and over again they never seem to replay that one for some reason... x.x

Rainbow Dash is just plain epic. So is Cheese Sandwich (Weird Al <3). And Doctor Whooves, of course!

I've seen people named Han, actually, but I've never seen anyone named Lando. ^^;;

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gorath Tsu
Kegokec

Heh heh, sounds like a good idea to me. razz

How about Han and Lando? xd

I was kidding around earlier and said that if I have three girls I'd name them Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo (from My Little Pony). 'Cause those names wouldn't get them teased at all!

We know alllll about MLP in this house. xD I saw one of the original movies when I was little. My daughter's whole room is MLP. Rainbow Dash wall scroll, MLP sheets, plushies, figurines, etc... We've seen every episode of MLP:FiM at least once so far except like the 3 or 4 newest in season 4. ninja I record them and then we catch up. But the OK button on my remote stopped working sooo I can't actually click... sweatdrop

Han and Lando are too...out there for me name wise XD

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Kegokec

Heh heh, sounds like a good idea to me. razz

How about Han and Lando? xd

I was kidding around earlier and said that if I have three girls I'd name them Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo (from My Little Pony). 'Cause those names wouldn't get them teased at all!

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gorath Tsu
Kegokec

Pfft. Kids shouldn't have a choice, they should be first into nerdy stuff. They'll thank you later! xp

Well...I kinda gave her a s**t name if she's not nerdy... sweatdrop It's partially based on Raven from Teen Titans. And partially not. And not spelled the same. XD

I talked to my sister earlier and I think if I ever have another girl, I'm naming her Leia so she can have a cousin named Luke! xD

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Kegokec

Pfft. Kids shouldn't have a choice, they should be first into nerdy stuff. They'll thank you later! xp

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gorath Tsu
Kegokec

I don't know what I'd like my children's names to be, if I ever have any children. Though I suppose my wife would probably have more say in that than I would. If I ever have a wife, that is. Heh. razz

Star Wars nerds make the best parents! Though I can't say I've ever been much of a Star Trek fan so I wont comment on that... Heh heh.

We have a 30inch tall Darth Vader in our living room. My daughter, who isn't much bigger than he is, drags him around and talks about him all the time. xD I love it. I'm totally raising her as a nerd. But she will be allowed to decide if she's going to be in to the whole Sci-Fi/Anime/Gamer scene or if she wants to do something else. But for nooooow.... ninja

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Kegokec

I don't know what I'd like my children's names to be, if I ever have any children. Though I suppose my wife would probably have more say in that than I would. If I ever have a wife, that is. Heh. razz

Star Wars nerds make the best parents! Though I can't say I've ever been much of a Star Trek fan so I wont comment on that... Heh heh.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gorath Tsu

Now that you mention it... I don't remember if they mention "Ewok" in the movie or not... Hmm... Now I'm gonna have to check the next time I watch RotJ. razz

My mother always told me that if I would have been a girl she would have named me Cindel. Though I don't think she got the name from the movie... But unfortunately for her as I born as a dude. Heh heh.

Hahaha xD I was going to name a son Julian. I got that name from an Anne Rice book. ninja

My nephew's name is Luke Tiberius. Because my sister and my brother-in-law are Star Wars and Trek fans. xD

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Kegokec

Now that you mention it... I don't remember if they mention "Ewok" in the movie or not... Hmm... Now I'm gonna have to check the next time I watch RotJ. razz

My mother always told me that if I would have been a girl she would have named me Cindel. Though I don't think she got the name from the movie... But unfortunately for her as I born as a dude. Heh heh.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Gorath Tsu

Ewoks were in Return of the Jedi... Y'know, the teddy bears that kill stormtroopers that were in a good half of the movie... razz

Ah, the Ewok Adventures... I have both of the movies on DVD and some of the animated series on VHS. The movies were pretty good considering they were, if I remember right, made-for-television specials.

Derp. I worded it wrong. My bad. xD

What I meant was you don't hear the actual species' name except in the books and the spinoff movies. x3

I actually met a friend here on Gaia years ago whose name was from the movie (Cindel). Except spelled differently.

Kailer_Raimonji

Thankies! redface

And yeah I guess that's a possibility! XP lol

Gambino Believer

41,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cheerbringer 100
Kegokec

Ewoks were in Return of the Jedi... Y'know, the teddy bears that kill stormtroopers that were in a good half of the movie... razz

Ah, the Ewok Adventures... I have both of the movies on DVD and some of the animated series on VHS. The movies were pretty good considering they were, if I remember right, made-for-television specials.

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I use to own a shirt with the empire logo on it !

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff