Welcome to Gaia! ::

Obsessive Lover

I've been on a shoujo manga kick lately and I need some recommendations on what to read. I just want high school and romance and feels man. I'm a big fan of Fruits Basket, Ao Haru Ride and Hirunaka no Ryuusei. So something along those lines. Thanks in advance

Also if you could give a short description on the manga and what it's about that would be rad!

Frozen Bard

18,150 Points
  • Team Moira 200
  • Team Carl 200
  • Team Devin 200
Acchi Kocchi: slice of life, romance comedy. The everyday shenanigans of a group of friends, very cute.

Ah! Itoshi Banchou-sama: school life, comedy, romance, cute school gang leader

Ai Ore

Akkan Baby

Akuma no Love song(m)

Boku no Hatsukoi o Kimi ni Sasagu : about two childhood friends who grow apart, yet still love each other. One reason they grow apart is that one has a body that is said to not last until 18 years old, the other is that they care so much about each other that.... Just read it.

Charming Junkie(m) : the journey of two high schoolers who are working to become successful models. The drama is that the successful one is a boy disguised as a female model while the actual female model's face becomes scary when she gets stressed (i.e. trying to smile during shooting)

Desire Climax

Double Juliet: gender bender, romance, comedy, high school drama club

Glass no Kamen: about a girl whose adventure starts in the world of acting

Hana Yori Dango: modern day Japanese Pride and Prejudice with a touch of bullies

Heroine Shikkaku

Himitsu no Ai-chan: sports, smut, romance, comedy

Honey x Honey

Inochi: a surviving twin sister must live through the regret about indirectly causing the death of both her father and sister but also not being able to bring her sister’s killer to justice. Fate seems to tempt her between two choices, to move on or to get revenge.

Kaikan Phrase: about the journey of a male j-pop band, much more journey like than manga. Should watch for your own review, but I kinda liked it.

Kamisama Hajimemashita: A girl who just became homeless agrees to take the place of a god at his temple. What she didn't count on was the jerk of a guardian waiting for her there. But she won't take it lying down and tries to show whose boss.

KareKano

Kitchen Princess: cooking, romance, comedy, school life

Koi dano Ai dano: one of my all time favorites. A girl who observes everything and the daily life she spends using what she knows to her advantage. Even the student council cannot go against her

Koizora a little smut, but is more serious than anything else, pure love and the bittersweet aftermath of reality.

Kyou, Koi wo Hajimemashita

Skip Beat

Last Game

Love so Life: a high school girl who lives and works at a daycare/orphanage is hired to take care of two very cute twins. She then meets up with their handsome uncle/guardian.

Oboreru Knife

Ran to Haiiro no Sekai

Shitsuji-sama no Okiniiri: butlers<3, romance, school life, slice of life

Switch Girl

Tenshi ½ Houteishiki: school life, comedy, make-up

V.B. Rose: romance, comedy, wedding dresses

Watashi ni xx Shinasai! A popular cell phone story writer is challenged to create a romance story, but she does not know anything about romance. Luckily she finds out the secret of one of the most popular boys in her school and blackmails him to help her understand love. Both will not leave this deal unscathed.

Yandere Kanojo: a yon koma manga about the comedic everyday life of one normal male student and his gangster (yankee) girlfriend. They are very lovey dovey

Fashionable Nerd

13,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Hot Gimmick is pretty good, not for kids though I must admit but the storyline kept me reading it from beginning to the end.

Skip Beat is also another Manga that I recommend.

The Gentlemen's Alliance Cross+ as well

Timid Kitten

Kimi ni Todoke.
All I gotta say.
It's...it's so beautiful.

Obsessive Lover

W a n ii n o k o
Kimi ni Todoke.
All I gotta say.

I watched the anime and I liked it, but I wasn't a HUGE fan of it. I felt like it was lacking something. Have you seen the anime? What are your thoughts on the manga?
I love Hirunaka no Ryuusei and Ao Haru Ride too ♥

I have so many favorite shoujo manga... but I would recommend:
Obaka-chan Koigatariki
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Koukou Debut
Dengeki Daisy
Hiyokoi
Stardust Wink
Last Game
Taiyou no Ie

I could reccommend many more, but do you have any more specifics...? For example I really like couples where the guy is a bit older than the girl.

Timid Kitten

-Parvatii Patil-
W a n ii n o k o
Kimi ni Todoke.
All I gotta say.

I watched the anime and I liked it, but I wasn't a HUGE fan of it. I felt like it was lacking something. Have you seen the anime? What are your thoughts on the manga?

Oh yes; a friend of mine recommended it to me a few years back. I think the art style of the anime is what really got my attention. It wasn't what I was used to seeing. > w<;
And the manga...oh goodness! I'm really enjoying the manga so far~ <3 Sucks that a new volume comes out every six months, though...

Desirable Codger

13,150 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Pie For All! 300
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Seconding Hot Gimmick. If you like more "mature" shojo manga, I found this one really enjoyable.

Cat Street was a really cute series. It's only six volumes, so it's short and sweet.

I'm currently reading Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish) and would definitely recommend it. Though it's very different from Fruits Basket, they both have a similar feel to me.

Demonic Worshipper

Read Orange by Takano Ichigo

it's brilliant
ITAZURA NA KISS

Magical Seeker

5,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Contributor 150
Hana to Akuma

Obsessive Lover

Tessa-Minamoto
I love Hirunaka no Ryuusei and Ao Haru Ride too ♥

I have so many favorite shoujo manga... but I would recommend:
Obaka-chan Koigatariki
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Koukou Debut
Dengeki Daisy
Hiyokoi
Stardust Wink
Last Game
Taiyou no Ie

I could reccommend many more, but do you have any more specifics...? For example I really like couples where the guy is a bit older than the girl.

I started reading Dengeki Daisy but took a break from it. I just couldn't seem to get into it too much. Though I am curious about the whole daisy thing so I will probably continue. I caught up on Hiyokoi, but I have to say I was way more interested in Ritsuka and Kou relationship. I like age gaps as well, those are always a plus.

Obsessive Lover

hot black men
Read Orange by Takano Ichigo

it's brilliant

So I'm caught up on it, and this manga hurts my heart but I love it. Thank you so much for introducing it to me!

Lupine Spirit

14,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Team Jacob 100
it's not shojo with a high school setting, but Akatsuki no Yona is great. you've got some well done romance to it that's there enough but not so in your face as to drown out the rest of the plot. it's also getting an anime adaption with two eps of that out so far and it's looking like it's going to be pretty damn good, especially given that it's going to run for two cours (meaning this fall season and this winter season, so about 25 eps total).

Punny Skeleton

Natsume Yuujincho. It's a nice Slice Of Life/Supernatural manga. You can read it here. Enjoy!

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces