Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tiny Pup

I read the first three books when I was like 10 or 11 but man i don't think my young heart or mind whould have been able to handle it. Myself now on the other hand, thought it was such a beautiful and tragic love story and the origin of chi was so beautifully wrapped up at the end it made me laugh and it made me cry (literally sob) at many times. I loved the science fiction aspect too, it shares one of my favorite elements of scifi with my favorite anime (ghost in the shell) where and when do people start drawing the line at human and machine? And can a machine can really have a soul? Why would people need other people when they have their technology? if its just as advanced as a human if not more what's the point of humans anymore. I find this topic so interesting because i feel like we are so much closer to this in reality then when the writters of clamp in 2000-2002 even realized. That was over a decade ago. I bought first omnibus of chobits on my 19th birthday last october and I just got the second one on valentines day, I had only read half of the first one before I bought the second, I just picked them both up and binge read the entire series all today. I need to talk to someone about it. Please. I know I'm a little bit late for the party.

Tiny Pup

I never finished this book and I don't remember why. Based on how you describe it I'll take another chance at reading it again.

Hilarious Citizen

10,390 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
I've never read the manga, but I watched the anime which is unusual for me because I usually find the manga first. o vo;

I've seen bits and pieces of the manga though and can conclude that the stories line up pretty well? If not, feel free to tell me!

Anyway, I love how Chobits played with ethics. There were a lot of serious topics covered! Like the story of the baker and his forgetful persocon. That one made my heart bleed. I cried legit tears over it, especially because the story was akin to an Alzheimer scenario. Ugh the agony.

Hilarious Citizen

10,390 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Also I was heavily concerned about the fact that people used persocoms to commit immoral acts on the image of humans. They could get away with treating persocoms like sh it because they weren't real people, and I thought that was sad. What's the point of making computers look and act like human beings if they're just going to be treated like a new iphone? That's pretty sketchy, if you ask me.

Feral Wolf

12,925 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I have the Omnibus of the series, it is pretty decent, but not my favorite work from Clamp.

Shaggy Pumpkin

11,900 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
i loved chobbits. i want that children book that was written for chi
first item i ever quested on gaia was doll ears >.>

Feline Vampire

15,975 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
I really loved Chobits. Watched the anime first after finding it. Then read what I could find of the manga. I adored both, though really preferred the anime. As there was elements in it that you just can't get from looking at pages of a manga.

Don't know what you guys mean with the word Omnibus though sadly... help?

Profitable Tycoon

5,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
N e k o m i m i B a b y
I read the first three books when I was like 10 or 11 but man i don't think my young heart or mind whould have been able to handle it. Myself now on the other hand, thought it was such a beautiful and tragic love story and the origin of chi was so beautifully wrapped up at the end it made me laugh and it made me cry (literally sob) at many times. I loved the science fiction aspect too, it shares one of my favorite elements of scifi with my favorite anime (ghost in the shell) where and when do people start drawing the line at human and machine? And can a machine can really have a soul? Why would people need other people when they have their technology? if its just as advanced as a human if not more what's the point of humans anymore. I find this topic so interesting because i feel like we are so much closer to this in reality then when the writters of clamp in 2000-2002 even realized. That was over a decade ago. I bought first omnibus of chobits on my 19th birthday last october and I just got the second one on valentines day, I had only read half of the first one before I bought the second, I just picked them both up and binge read the entire series all today. I need to talk to someone about it. Please. I know I'm a little bit late for the party.

I Just started watching the series and I love it.. heart

Profitable Tycoon

5,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Timid 100
Unknown Trinity
I never finished this book and I don't remember why. Based on how you describe it I'll take another chance at reading it again.

I Definitely think you should !

Sparkly Fatcat

Chobits is beautiful and timeless... I could talk for hours, but I won't >.<'

Firebreathing Duck

6,625 Points
  • Dragon Master 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
Chobits is my work from CLAMP back in the day
and not only the depth of the story, the meaning of
what is love and the twist you get in bits is like drinking
a good wine and enjoying it....

It also has a touch of sadness that only adds in
more to the pace of the story and sadly you
do not find many mangas like this anymore...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff