Welcome to Gaia! ::

Apocalyptic Lunatic

ok you know the whole flash sideways into that alt universe... most people think its what would have happened if they never crashed.... i think differently

i am thinking it is what would have happened if Jacob had never touched any of them...

discuss:
whats with the flash sideways
is this an acceptable theory
or am i just a raving lune?

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Possibly, but think of it this way, what if it's what's going to happen? Like a candidate gets chosen and they all get sent back to their normal lives except the one who get chosen. And they never remember what happens. Do you honestly believe Jacob would let all of those people die just because of the Man in Black?
Get back to the very first episode of this entire show.. why did they all crash on the beach but Jack crashed in the forest? I'm thinking these sideway flashes don't have anything to do with paralell universes.. but rather with a continuous cycle.
@Raqatsu - I like that...
Hm..
But how does Jack landing in the middle of the forest make it a continuous cycle?

@Lalaine Sapphire - Do you think Jacob ever touched Desmond?
Because wasn't it Desmond who accidentally made them crash when he didn't push the buttons on time?
But I suppose the Losties would have made it to the Island some way or another since Jacob touched them.
So yeah, it could be a "what if Jacob had never touched the Losties" world.
Why was the Island underwater, do you think?
Maybe Jacob and Man In Black don't exist in this world?

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
It's both, really. Since they didn't crash, and they also don't seem to have been touched. How could they? There's no Island for Jacob to live on.

But the Losties lives definitely took a turn earlier than September 22, 2004. Saaaay, about 1977? Hmmm?

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
wakusei
It's both, really. Since they didn't crash, and they also don't seem to have been touched. How could they? There's no Island for Jacob to live on.

But the Losties lives definitely took a turn earlier than September 22, 2004. Saaaay, about 1977? Hmmm?

Ohhh! Could it be that they were all touched by Jacob in 1977? Interesting..
Im not sure. I kinda started getting confused in the 5th season. When the 6th season ends, im planning on going back and watching season 1-5 over again.
In my opinion, its like a parallel universe.
So right now, there is one of everybody in the flash sideways's. But the people who are on the island arnt erased. In the episode "what Kate does" (or whatever the season 6 Kate episode is), An other says to Kate "I was the guard you knocked out at the airport" and she has no recollection of getting off the plane, and knocking out the guard, so she doesnt know what he's talking about...but it was the other Kate that did that. they just look identical, because they are basically the same person.
You are right with your theory too, in my opinion. Sawyer?! A cop?! its gotta be.
Another theory for why some things are different, is because they weren't there to do what they did with the Dharma initiative. Example- Sayid never shot Ben, by some effect Ben leaves the island. This changes Widdmore's timeline, and that changes Desmonds timeline. Who knows what else could have caused what.
But the people still on the island are in the space where everything around them is a different universe, but they still exist, because they just do.
Quote:
Hm..
But how does Jack landing in the middle of the forest make it a continuous cycle?

Well.. why did he alone land there? Why did he know how to camp and where to camp? Why did he know he had to step up as their leader? I don't know.. I just have this gut feeling that season 6 somehow will end with the beginning of season one, but in an all new perspective.. that.. somehow.. it will only make perfect sense after we've watched it for the second time.

Which, would also be beneficial for the makers of the series ofcourse.

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Raqatsu
Quote:
Hm..

Well.. why did he alone land there? Why did he know how to camp and where to camp? Why did he know he had to step up as their leader? I don't know.. I just have this gut feeling that season 6 somehow will end with the beginning of season one, but in an all new perspective.. that.. somehow.. it will only make perfect sense after we've watched it for the second time.

Which, would also be beneficial for the makers of the series ofcourse.

then maybe Jack became the chosen Candidate and is forced to live through the "cycle".

or maybe each universe is the f**ked up result of the bomb.
I don't think jacob has ever touched them. The atom bomb stopped alot of things. Maybe Jacob didn't touch any of them. Plus I don't think he did ever touch them or else they wouldn't have aged and they'd be the same age as they were when he touched them. Jack and Sawyer would be like 8.

Friendly Gaian

11,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
LalaineSapphire
ok you know the whole flash sideways into that alt universe... most people think its what would have happened if they never crashed.... i think differently

i am thinking it is what would have happened if Jacob had never touched any of them...

discuss:
whats with the flash sideways
is this an acceptable theory
or am i just a raving lune?

Well, if jacob had never touched them, they wouldn't have crashed.
So isn't it both?
I don't understand the reason for this post.. It's not really anything new. talk2hand
@Avocado - Wait, what..?
o3o I think you meant the guard to the temple right?
When he went off with Kate to go find Sawyer? He said she was the guard that she knocked out..
But not at the Airport.
A couple seasons back, Kate went to rescue Alex's boyfriend (I forget his name) with Alex and he was the one who was guarding the place where Alex's boyfriend was being brainwashed by some television thing.
Kate knocked him out in order to get to Alex's boyfriend.
All of this happened on island, though.
No, most people think that's what would have happened if the bomb went off, not if they didn't crash.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff