Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think of Peter Jackson's original character, Tauriel.

I hate her. She is obviously a Mary-Sue 0.10769230769231 10.8% [ 21 ]
I will only dislike her if she becomes a love interest for a main character. 0.10769230769231 10.8% [ 21 ]
I dislike her because she feels like an unnecessary character. 0.17435897435897 17.4% [ 34 ]
Neutral. Reserving judgement until the movie comes out. 0.12820512820513 12.8% [ 25 ]
Meh. 0.087179487179487 8.7% [ 17 ]
She looks interesting. 0.12307692307692 12.3% [ 24 ]
Finally, a strong female character. 0.097435897435897 9.7% [ 19 ]
I love her. She looks like a badass. 0.17435897435897 17.4% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 195 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
۞PALADIN۞

※※※※※※※※※※

The character Tauriel, who will appear in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, seems to be catching flak from the fans. What do you think of her?

※※※※※※※※※※

۞✧✧✧✧✧۞

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
She looks interesting. =x

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Tauriel looks like an interesting character. ^^

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
She looks interesting! heart

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
I don't mind her though I'm not the biggest fan of Evangeline Lily. I just hope she's not going to be a love interest, which is bound to happen rolleyes

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Born Backwards
I don't mind her though I'm not the biggest fan of Evangeline Lily. I just hope she's not going to be a love interest, which is bound to happen rolleyes

Unfortunately, many directors cannot make a female character without a love interest. I just hope her love interest is not one of the main characters (e.g. Logolas or Kili).

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Iraeavin Hlaervs
Born Backwards

Unfortunately, many directors cannot make a female character without a love interest. I just hope her love interest is not one of the main characters (e.g. Logolas or Kili).

Ugh unfortunately so!
...I heard it may be Kili plz no but then it also may be Bard?

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Born Backwards
Iraeavin Hlaervs
Born Backwards

Ugh unfortunately so!

gonk I hope it is a platonic relationship, but knowing the film industry it will not be.

Dapper Reveler

The Hobbit movie series really doesn't need any more messing with from the books. Now they're just straight making things up, it's pretty annoying.

Shy Saint

4,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Timid 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
It's hard to say without seeing her in action, but I'm really annoyed. Everyone's gonna pretend that adding her makes the movie somehow "equal," ignoring the fact that it's otherwise about no fewer than fifteen main male characters… rolleyes Just leave it what it is, admit that it's problematic, and make movies about female protagonists: Sabriel would make a great film, or the Alanna books.

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Iraeavin Hlaervs
Born Backwards
Iraeavin Hlaervs
Born Backwards

Ugh unfortunately so!

gonk I hope it is a platonic relationship, but knowing the film industry it will not be.

I'm not going to get my hopes up...

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Avgvsto
The Hobbit movie series really doesn't need any more messing with from the books. Now they're just straight making things up, it's pretty annoying.

Overall, I enjoyed the film, but PJ needs to cut back on the CGI. If only we got to hear the entirety of "Misty Mountains" and "Blunt the Knives" rather than watch the slaughter of hundreds of computer-generated goblins. rolleyes

My personal opinion concerning Tauriel is neutral until the The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug hits theaters.

Tipsy Gekko

" I will only dislike her if she becomes a love interest for a main character."
If people actually dislike her for that reason, they automatically loose all respect from me. scream

But, um, she looks interesting if nothing else. Hopefully she'll be well written/developed but I have a feeling that won't be the case. emo

Witty Bibliophile

11,975 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Fourth Chakra
If people actually dislike her for that reason, they automatically loose all respect from me. scream

But, um, she looks interesting if nothing else. Hopefully she'll be well written/developed but I have a feeling that won't be the case. emo

What I meant by love interest was a character whose only purpose is to make goo-goo eyes at one of the main cast.

Tipsy Gekko

Sintel Arthedain
Fourth Chakra

What I meant by love interest was a character whose only purpose to make goo-goo eyes at one of the main cast.

Ah! Okay, that makes more sense.
I really hope that's not the case. talk2hand

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas