Welcome to Gaia! ::

Art Mousie's Senpai

Tiny Tipper

7,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Quote:
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
-Harlan Ellison

Not too long ago i enlisted in the USMC, During that time i got hurt in training and was being processed out and i was pretty upset about it. Well before i was in the FRSP I was asked about a tattoo i had on my body, A triple Goddess, you can google it. But what it is is a Moon Flanked by two crescent moons. This girl had a few cross tattoos and passages on her body.

I told her i was Wiccan, and she seemed interested in just learning about something new. so i told her a little bit about it. She got dropped because she couldn't handle it. I got dropped because i hurt my back.But when we met again in FRSP She was gossiping to the girls and telling them to stay away from me because i practice "Voodo witch s**t."

I get irritated when people who know nothing about a subject and still bash it.

Kitten

People like that choose to be ignorant. All I can say is don't offer her any more information, if the other girls come to you and ask if what she says is true, try to stamp it out by telling them the difference.
sadly ignorance is a choice many still choose to make,,,

Art Mousie's Senpai

Tiny Tipper

7,975 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
Its unfortunate, Then you have a name caller going over and saying " This is America" (Where i live) I can say what ever i want.
And not know the history behind the statement, it was not the average individual to bash another, But it was to allow the press to publish information, then you have slander and liable laws added later to regulate to truth from the ignorance.
Lots of religious beliefs are pretty stupid, what do you expect.

Bashful Businesswoman

Wow she sounds like a dumbass

Anyways, you have the freedom to say whatever you want, but you also have the responsibility of dealing with the consequences of your speech. You can't just say s**t, call "freedom of speech!", and get away with it.

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
In other news, people are s**t.

Fashionable Shopper

People are entitled to their opinions whether they are ignorant or not. Just ignore her.

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Everyone is [unfortunatly] entitled to their opinion, but that doesn't mean that people are entitled to spread hate and defamation.

S m u s h a's Husband

Proxy Fatcat

but isn't that what it's all about

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Ignorance is bliss, I guess

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items