Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wrong forum. >.> Sorry.
It's ok I still reported you though...
jks...
Or did I...
All you really can do is discuss your concerns with your dad, and hope that he understands. Tell him (politely, of course) that you're glad he cares about you, but it hurts that he makes such terrible assumptions about people, and that it's your decision who you assosiate with.

I had the opposite problem for a while (sort of). My ex boyfriend is upper middle class, and I'm upper lower class. He didn't understand why my single working mother wouldn't buy me a car, why I live in a small duplex in a poor neighborhood, why I lock my doors and windows, why I don't go shopping all the time, why I get clothes at thrift stores, ect. He didn't even make an attempt to understand my world.

My mom didn't have a problem with him (for the most part; she got a little peeved that he refused to try to understand), and his parents didn't have a problem with me (on the surface, at least). But some of my old friends would call me a gold-digger (I wasn't, by the way).

Unfortunately, hanging out with "wealtier" people didn't work out for me. I really hope that class-crossing works for you. There's so much you can learn about life!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff