Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Beerios
Silver Highlights

It wasn't a very concrete answer, nor was it answering my question. Besides, I always "take it up" with society, and its frustrating. -_- It's pretty annoying when most people assume we are all on the same page of cloak and dagger 101 like we have the same mind.

What is cloak and dagger 101

Using code words and underhanded communication. Kinda like how some would expect everyone to be up to date on abstract slang terms. And to further the straight forward thinking, when you asked what cloak and dagger is, I simply accepted the fact that you asked a question. Nothing more. Otherwise, if I were judging you for your question, I would've assumed you were a slow dumbass or that you're behind the times. But I didn't because not being straight forward in that scenario would be rude. Your welcome, friendo.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Because people equate being honest to being rude.

So let me get this straight. It would be more polite to guess that a kid has cancer because they're bald, when really its just a healthy kid who wanted their hair cut off? And is it considered polite to assume that a friend you knew since long ago hasn't changed, when really he's a different person and you never bothered catching up on what's different? Maybe it would be rude to tell someone they look pretty if I didn't let them mistake it as flirting.

And no, that's not sarcasm. That's me questioning if honest absolutely leads to being rude. It's not always the case, you know.

I know it's not always the case, but some people can take offense to honesty.

The examples you provided could be considered rude, not polite, because you're making inaccurate assumptions and that'd lead to offensive comments.

What I meant is that people often think that being honest and saying things as they are is usually rude. Some people are used to sugarcoated opinions rather than concrete answers, and that strikes them as "too rude" for their standards.

Dude, I made up those examples as a way to say not everything is what it seems. No need to beat around the bush. Anyway, telling something as it is is not positive or negative. It's just telling. Like if I see a hat and say "It's a hat." It's not rude or polite, it's just saying.

You asked me something and I gave you an answer so hold your horses, man.

Some people don't like when you're "just saying" something, especially if they didn't ask for your opinion. Like if I'm the one wearing a hat and someone comes to me and says "It's a hat", I'll be like "No s**t Batman, thanks for telling me it's a hat". Sometimes "just saying" stuff is unnecessary and some people get pissed by that. Why? Some people don't like others to point out the obvious, others might think it's rude to say something if they're not asking for an opinion. That depends on each person.

Sugarcoating stuff and not being straight forward is hypocrite, yes, but some people roll with that while others don't, why? For many, many reasons. Some people are deluded into thinking that others are offending them by telling them the truth, others might think it's best to keep their honest opinions to themselves because they don't want to come off as rude and so on. If you don't like their standards then don't associate with them or if you have to associate with said people, try to be as chill as possible, how? By avoiding conflict, simple as that.

However, if they do ask for your opinion and they don't like what you told them, it's their problem for being drama queens that can't take things the way they are. If not, then it's no one's problem but yours. It's that simple, really.

Now who hasn't held their horse, buddy? XD I was relaxed when I wrote what I said.
I just gave a simple reply. No mad trolling or enthusiastic nice man, just a reply. Then all of a sudden I get this wall of text that pulls in these things that were unrelated until you brought it up. Thanks for proving my point, dude. lol And to be straight forward about my attitude at this moment to prevent any assumptions, I'm humorously smiling about the irony of this thread.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Epic Rave Monster
Because people don't want certain types of people in their life, so it's easier to judge others so you don't fall into that situation, even if they are wrong. But a lot of them seem to think they're right without even taking the chance first. However.. I'm not going to play dumb when I see an obvious *****. I would like to see the good in people, but I'm not going to get myself in that kind of situation.

As for assuming the kid has cancer, I agree. People take their judging too far. They're so use to it, I don't think it's ever going to stop.

When people say, "These kids are our future!" I feel doomed. burning_eyes

Best answer I've received so far. It makes sense people are cautious of who they run into, I get that. I'm always cautious about running into people that could hinder creativity and freedom, among other shady types. But that said, there has to be a balance between scepticism and hope when dealing with the unknown, But like you said, people take their judging too far and that balance gets overthrown.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Because people equate being honest to being rude.

So let me get this straight. It would be more polite to guess that a kid has cancer because they're bald, when really its just a healthy kid who wanted their hair cut off? And is it considered polite to assume that a friend you knew since long ago hasn't changed, when really he's a different person and you never bothered catching up on what's different? Maybe it would be rude to tell someone they look pretty if I didn't let them mistake it as flirting.

And no, that's not sarcasm. That's me questioning if honest absolutely leads to being rude. It's not always the case, you know.

The examples you provided could be considered rude, not polite, because you're making inaccurate assumptions and that'd lead to offensive comments.

What I meant is that people often think that being honest and saying things as they are is usually rude. Some people are used to sugarcoated opinions rather than concrete answers, and that strikes them as "too rude" for their standards.

Dude, I made up those examples as a way to say not everything is what it seems. No need to beat around the bush. Anyway, telling something as it is is not positive or negative. It's just telling. Like if I see a hat and say "It's a hat." It's not rude or polite, it's just saying.

Some people don't like when you're "just saying" something, especially if they didn't ask for your opinion. Like if I'm the one wearing a hat and someone comes to me and says "It's a hat", I'll be like "No s**t Batman, thanks for telling me it's a hat". Sometimes "just saying" stuff is unnecessary and some people get pissed by that. Why? Some people don't like others to point out the obvious, others might think it's rude to say something if they're not asking for an opinion. That depends on each person.

Sugarcoating stuff and not being straight forward is hypocrite, yes, but some people roll with that while others don't, why? For many, many reasons. Some people are deluded into thinking that others are offending them by telling them the truth, others might think it's best to keep their honest opinions to themselves because they don't want to come off as rude and so on. If you don't like their standards then don't associate with them or if you have to associate with said people, try to be as chill as possible, how? By avoiding conflict, simple as that.

However, if they do ask for your opinion and they don't like what you told them, it's their problem for being drama queens that can't take things the way they are. If not, then it's no one's problem but yours. It's that simple, really.

Now who hasn't held their horse, buddy? XD I was relaxed when I wrote what I said.
I just gave a simple reply. No mad trolling or enthusiastic nice man, just a reply. Then all of a sudden I get this wall of text that pulls in these things that were unrelated until you brought it up. Thanks for proving my point, dude. lol And to be straight forward about my attitude at this moment to prevent any assumptions, I'm humorously smiling about the irony of this thread.

You might not have noticed it, but you came off as defensive to my reply. That's why I said what I said. If I wrote a wall of text it's because I was explaining to you the "why?", nothing more than that. If you think that's not clear enough, then look at my very first reply. That's all that was need to be said.
With some people it would be inconvenient to think straight-forward, since they don't talk straight-forward. But with other people, and people I don't know? I guess I am pretty straight forward.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue

You might not have noticed it, but you came off as defensive to my reply. That's why I said what I said. If I wrote a wall of text it's because I was explaining to you the "why?", nothing more than that. If you think that's not clear enough, then look at my very first reply. That's all that was need to be said.

Neither defensive nor offensive. Just a reply. rofl lol, the irony.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Pikkewyn
With some people it would be inconvenient to think straight-forward, since they don't talk straight-forward. But with other people, and people I don't know? I guess I am pretty straight forward.

I might be wrong for saying this, but I'm guessing you find people's avoidance of straight-forwardness to be abstract. It's okay, so do I. Most of the time it eludes me in so many situations.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue
Silver Highlights
Dolce Rogue

Neither defensive nor offensive. Just a reply. rofl lol, the irony.

Good for you. [?]
ikr like cut da bs just gimme da straight dope dawg

Chatty Fatcat

8,200 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
Because if no one is suspicious of other people at all, people will start screwing them over.Not all humans are good in nature so it is good to question some things to protect yourself and your dignity.

Hot Duck

Silver Highlights
Beerios
Silver Highlights

It wasn't a very concrete answer, nor was it answering my question. Besides, I always "take it up" with society, and its frustrating. -_- It's pretty annoying when most people assume we are all on the same page of cloak and dagger 101 like we have the same mind.

What is cloak and dagger 101

Using code words and underhanded communication. Kinda like how some would expect everyone to be up to date on abstract slang terms. And to further the straight forward thinking, when you asked what cloak and dagger is, I simply accepted the fact that you asked a question. Nothing more. Otherwise, if I were judging you for your question, I would've assumed you were a slow dumbass or that you're behind the times. But I didn't because not being straight forward in that scenario would be rude. Your welcome, friendo.

Actually i am behind the times. What is a friendo

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Twisted Rainbow Insanity
Because if no one is suspicious of other people at all, people will start screwing them over.Not all humans are good in nature so it is good to question some things to protect yourself and your dignity.

Who said anything about suspicion and good nature? I'm talking about simple straight forward communication.

3,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
They don't want somebody get offended

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items