hate 0.21518987341772 21.5% [ 17 ]
like 0.37974683544304 38.0% [ 30 ]
love 0.40506329113924 40.5% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 79 ]
This poll closed on June 4, 2008.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

[Perfekt Spellar]
Holy ********. Two pages and nobody's noticed this?
Dictionary
Revere: To regard with respect tinged with awe; venerate: The child revered her mother.

Come. On.

OH GOD YOUR RIGHT... I EVEN HAD THAT WORD IN ENGLISH CLASS AT MY SCHOOL. IM SO STUPID. redface
Eh, I wouldn't say I hate hippies, just people who act like hippies just because they think they're cool.
They took what was a noble cause for some, a path to spiritual understanding for others or simply a better life, and turned it into a damn fashion statement.

It's like those "lawnchair environmentalists" as I call them, they do the small things like change out a few lightbulbs so they can bring it up in discussion to feel a little better, or they might buy a pair of clothes emphasizing their "care" towards the environment so that others can look at them and say "Well there's someone who's really caring and compassionate, that's attractive."

Though they do have their uses, they'll leave you high and dry if you ask for them to help with something requiring a little bit of sacrifice, especially work, and that's just sticks in my craw.
Though they won't know any bit about it until these eco-wimps start calling themselves eco-warriors, then they'll get a piece of my mind.

With faux hippies, or fauxpies, well it's just annoying to see someone in flashy clothing hanging out with more people in flashy clothes spouting out either complete nonsense or either something rather contradictory to the subculture they're trying to emulate. Not too annoying, after all it's not like they're right in my business or anything, but they can still be slightly annoying.

Modern hippies are waaaayyyyy different from 70's hippies.
The emo kids are like the new hippies.

Modern hippies are alright.
hippyphreak19
truth is most hippies dont stink, hug trees, say "hey peace bro", or go CRAZY on LSD

Questing Superior Form! <3
Help meh? D:

No, but they DID back when that lifestyle was popular.
The truth is, the original hippies were dirty and most of them WERE serious drug heads.
Most people hate the ORIGINAL hippie lifestyle.
Not everyone hates what it's become today.
Truth be told, people who call themselves hippies today are nothing like the original ones except they have the same beliefs/morals/whatever.

Donate?
From now on, all donators' usernames go in my journal. <3

Heart Shopper

3,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
the truth is, hippies do absolutely nothing while they praise change but honestly they're too stoned to even lift up a finger. xD
Reverend Smooth
Contagious Cure
LouiseChi
Yeah. I've noticed that, too, and I ditto that completely. Actually, I like to consider myself a hippie, I do. And I'm serious. This due to the same moral views and that I totally support what they did and their music and their culture and clothes (I like to dress like one). So, yeah. I'm a hippie. No s**t. But I don't go crazy on LSD, definetly don't stink, and I'm not jobless and idiotic. I'm a hippie, still. Who cares what society thinks? Isn't the hippie movement really AGAINST the modern society (or it was in the 60s-70s)? I'm a hippie and I don't fit into the drinking and drug stereotype. No kidding. And I'm proud of it.
Because rebellion is so cool. dramallama
And following the mainstream is somehow better?

Neither choice is any better, it's just what people prefer.
Thank God we have an expert here to teach us nonconformity and independence. cheese_whine
i've never met a hippie...but hippies are weird... smile
User Image

When I think "hippy" I imagine a go-green, all natural, bohemian goddess. But that's just me.

wadda bout blck hippie?
sadly, the "hippies" here in Eugene Oregon are just forty year old trust fund kids trying to rebel by spending $500 on a hemp dress or even more on an african drum that was probably not free trade anyways.
but our town is one of the most environmentally friendly cities on the northwest. so in a way: we're all hippies.
I think hippies are some of the most awesome people you will ever meet.
My dad was a hippie in the 60's and 70's. My last boyfriend was a hippie, too. I don't know why society likes them... To my knowledge they are very earthy and like to stand in front of the "Quick in Go" mart and panhandle with lines like, "ten cents for brotherhood? are you cool, man? 15 cents to support the cause, man!" doesn't sound very glam to me. My dad has confirmed that back in the day they used to do that and drive vans and play acoustic guitars and go for causes they didn't fully understand. Lots of stupid kids who were only doing it to be "cool" because it was "in".
[ kat. ]
i know a lot of hippies. if that's what you would call them. some drink or use drugs...others don't...some shower often, others don't (mainly because they are homeless). i know train hoppers and hitch hikers and gypsies and musicians and artists. Many are jobless and feed off government ham, heh. Others are trustifarians (kids with money who enjoy the lifestyle).
they don't have jobs because they don't want jobs...much more time to devote to learning and reading and making and experiencing.

just got to look around...

I'm a tree hugger and a peace lover and I have a job. I'm not lazy either.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff