Welcome to Gaia! ::

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Regarding significant others, what would they have to do to

A. you

B. someone else

for you to break up with them? We're throwing all the 'oh, my bf/gf is a good person and would never do such a thing' preconceptions out the window for this one. Would you stay with them if you found they beat a puppy to death? How about rape? What about if they murdered someone? Get creative.

Also, would it matter if you were deeply in love or not? Where is the line drawn then? How about if you were considering cutting a friend or family member out of your life? At what point do extenuating circumstances stop mattering? If it happened last week, would it be different than if it happened years ago?

Tell, I'm curious.
I think it is always important to look at the reasons behind things, I know my bf has a violent past but the circumstances he was put in makes it pretty understandable.
but somethings there are no explanations for, hurting someone who is helpless, violence for no reason, that kind of thing. I would draw the line pretty quickly. I know I could never be with someone if I knew that there was a good chance of them one day turning and doing something awful to me or our children or even an animal no matter how long ago it happened
Shadow_Prowler
Would you stay with them if you found they beat a puppy to death?

eek Unless said puppy was chewing his balls off, not acceptable. Would seriously have to consider what the ******** is wrong with him. Have to leave.

Shadow_Prowler
How about rape?

So totally and ridicoulously gone. That's where I draw the limit. That and beating anyone. Beat me and I will punch you back and run the hell away.

Shadow_Prowler
What about if they murdered someone?

Now that, depends on the circumstances. Was the person someone who hurt him/family member/friend? Was that person an a waste of human flesh? Depends on a whole lot of things.

Family member being removed from my life - a possibility. But only if the relative insisted. If my significant other wanted it, well he can go off and be by himself.

Doesn't matter how in love I am, pass the rape/beat/cheat boundry and I will deal with it by getting the hell out.
any form of violence is not tolerated.
were in the new generation we have much more brain power.
any case of rape or torture on an animal or human.
past [or current] hooking up with my family members.
cheating. lying.
if they pulled my hair.
verbal, physical, emotional or sexual abuse.

i mean arent the lines pretty standard?
the thing that gets me is that guys/girls do these things and the people dont leave them
becuz they "love them too much" or their "too afraid"
what a bunch of bullshit.
you're in a bad situation, then get out.

Dainty Doll

If he cheated on me, I'd get rid of him.
If he ever hit me, I'd get rid of him.

Apart from those two, pretty much anything else would depend upon the circumstances.
Only crimes I would care about is illegal drug use and selling them.

Honestly wouldn't care about others, I don't think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff