Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lavish Lunatic

To me, it's gotta be the high tax rates and all the bureaucracy that impedes how lives can be lived.

Probably because they affect me the most. Because I'm a single 18 yo with no dependents I lose 1/3 of my meager income to taxes to round off my total yearly take home to a measly.... 16,000 a year... sad This could be rectified two ways: I could start paying less tax... or I could get promoted at work, both of which would immediately raise my standard of living while I go through Technical School; yet neither is an option for me, taxes because well, duh. Nor can I get a promotion because of the way liquor laws are set up; I can't handle liquor in my state until I'm 21 which keeps me from getting a promotion (because only people over the age of 21 are capable of not stealing when they mix alcohol. rolleyes ).

anyways, so yeah. What's the most important political issue to you, LD?
I'm a bit concerned about health insurance. I'm still on my dad's insurance and have a couple of more years until I'm no longer covered. If there was a complication in where I couldn't afford my medication then I would be done for.

I'm still trying to figure out the deal with Obamacare. If I didn't have parents that cared, I probably would be using it myself.

It'd also be cool to not be fired for being gay either.

Devoted Pirate

Corporate person hood and the removal of the cancerous wart from American politics.
I can't be bothered with politics.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
hard to pick just one... but I'm going to go with Equality. this is kind of broad, so the best I can do is make a hybrid-detailed one.

LGBT rights and the elimination of Gender Roles and Gender Stereotypes. basically, Feminism combined with Gay Rights.

cxnceited's Senpai

Omnipresent Spirit

17,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
None. The puppeteers pull their strings regardless of what I choose.

I would like to see Obamacare repealed and a proper form of healthcare put in (Their website set a new low standard for the government with all it's issues)

Hygienic Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
vodka vision
To me, it's gotta be the high tax rates and all the bureaucracy that impedes how lives can be lived.

Probably because they affect me the most. Because I'm a single 18 yo with no dependents I lose 1/3 of my meager income to taxes to round off my total yearly take home to a measly.... 16,000 a year... sad This could be rectified two ways: I could start paying less tax... or I could get promoted at work, both of which would immediately raise my standard of living while I go through Technical School; yet neither is an option for me, taxes because well, duh. Nor can I get a promotion because of the way liquor laws are set up; I can't handle liquor in my state until I'm 21 which keeps me from getting a promotion (because only people over the age of 21 are capable of not stealing when they mix alcohol. rolleyes ).

You might benefit from taking a day to read about the tax credits you can take. Grueling work but worth it when you don't have that much cash. Students our age for any degree after high school have tons of deductions. After try setting up home business mostly for the deductions. The tax system is badly skewed for business owners, even if it's not an operating business.

For me the biggest issue is patent laws. There's a giant market for indie publishers and coding firms to build off past software but why can't it become generic as fast as pharmaceuticals? I really want to make my next business one of those two but the average patent length on a major literary series is more than 100 years and for programs it's virtually their whole market life. 10 year expirations are a quick fix that can get people to work and employ lots of creative people like some users on this site, and doesn't really hurt anyone but lazy companies who don't deserve to be protected.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Rationing
vodka vision

You might benefit from taking a day to read about the tax credits you can take. Grueling work but worth it when you don't have that much cash. Students our age for any degree after high school have tons of deductions. After try setting up home business mostly for the deductions. The tax system is badly skewed for business owners, even if it's not an operating business.

For me the biggest issue is patent laws. There's a giant market for indie publishers and coding firms to build off past software but why can't it become generic as fast as pharmaceuticals? I really want to make my next business one of those two but the average patent length on a major literary series is more than 100 years and for programs it's virtually their whole market life. 10 year expirations are a quick fix that can get people to work and employ lots of creative people like some users on this site, and doesn't really hurt anyone but lazy companies who don't deserve to be protected.

intellectual property always deserves to be protected. stare

Hygienic Smoker

6,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Partygoer 500
Chieftain Twilight
Rationing
vodka vision

Not if the guy who made it has been dead for half a century and it gets annexed by his parent company. You still can't publish fan fiction about Walt Disney's works.
Where I'm from. It's crime. I guess it is a major political issue here but I really don't see how the government can really prevent the increase of it. I mean we already have really strict gun and drug laws yet we have countless gangs and murders every week. Most people blame it on the government but I don't see anything else they can actually do to decrease crime except by implementing new laws, new law enforcement tactics, and possibly, new surveillance tech.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Rationing
Chieftain Twilight
Rationing
vodka vision

Not if the guy who made it has been dead for half a century and it gets annexed by his parent company. You still can't publish fan fiction about Walt Disney's works.

it doesn't seem right that people can just take credit for somebody's work just because he's dead.

and by the way, disney is a company that is most guilty for that. almost nothing disney puts out is really original. it's all adapted from classic works and folk tales that have had their copyrights expired and disney scooped up those rights.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff