RyaZombie
Also, you're really hot.

emotion_dowant

Lol my 'scene' picture is hot?!?

I cringe every time I see it.

No your sig : P

Shirtless Explorer

Kliapatra
I feel like I wanted to go through phases more than I actually went through phases. I just dabbled in different "genres" because they seemed cool, but I never fit in there.

I remember those stupid plastic bracelets (what were they? Jelly bracelets?) that people would wear like 100 at a time on one arm. I had some glow in the dark ones that were pretty cool, but I think I only ever wore like 5 at a time. I was interested in the goth/"emo" crowd in middle school, but I didn't wear makeup and I never dyed my hair. The most I did was buy those arm warmers.

I think there were two reasons why I never got really into them: 1) I thought buying all that crap was pointless, and 2) I didn't feel like my body belonged. I was and have always been fat, and most clothes just don't look good on my body.4

There was also the "gaming" phase that followed shortly thereafter (actually, it had begun a few years prior), but I don't think I ever grew out of that one. wink

One does not simply 'grow out' of the gaming phase… It just becomes a part of life. Lol. I've been obsessed with video games since I was tiny so I never thought of it as a phase.

Ugh in 7-8th grade I was in Catholic school so we wore uniforms. I wanted so badly to be scene that I wore those little bows in my hair and arm warmers too. What was I thinking...

Shirtless Explorer

Zartt
Did you ever go through a phase in your younger years?

oh god yes. i went through my Barbie phase as a young kid (3-11ish), my "im so dark" phase (about 13-15), my actual diagnosed depression stage (16- still fighting it today but its much better and easier to handle), and my now phase! not sure what to call it though

Do you look back and say "Wow what was I thinking"?

only really the "im so dark" phase. god i was an idiot XD the rest made me a better person

Have you realized which was once a phase is your actual style/personality?

hmm... i guess they all contributed to it, but none stand out

Do you think your mindset was different during your phase than your actual personality?

absolutely during my depressed years. i wouldn't get up till 3pm, would barely eat, wouldnt shower or brush my teeth or look presentable in any way. im glad i was able to move past it

I'm pretty sure I'm in that 'phase' right now because everything you described fits me perfectly… Except I finally woke up before 3 today sad I'm not even as depressed as I was before, but my confidence is crap.

Adorable Fisher

I've been goth for as long as I could remember. Sometimes I go through phase trends like I was doing gothic zombie Victorian shironuri when I was about 20 (total white faced make-up, greyer white on rest of skin. It was like Candy Spooky Theater with Mana-like aristocrat and lolita clothes in there for good measure). Then when I was like 22 I got into the cyber goth stuff because that's what everybody was doing so I thought, "why not. Cyber lox are like ringlets." I enjoyed it, but now that I'm older I've toned down the look a bit. I'd rather dress in an elegant mermaid shaped gown with gothic make-up (a higher class of fashion) than go all out crazy zombie with the artsy blood and the gauze and the eye patch and the super long claws and angel wings, spikes, piercings, all that (I can't wear the shoes anymore either. My ankles...). Though, I wouldn't say no to built in claws in some opera length gloves. I want to buy pretty wigs.

Shirtless Explorer

Cookz Monster
Did you ever go through a phase in your younger years?
Yes Dx
7-8 grade: wanna be emo/skater
9-10 grade: colorful skater (skater brand name shirts with colorful pants)/sceneish
11 grade: wanna be scene/skater
12 grade : 80s glam/idgaf cuz it's mah last year of HS!/the girl a lot of "normal looking people" hated./i'm too cool for school, f you all! emotion_awesome

Now i'm more w/e, I can look grunge or I can look "tumblr cute girl" shiit xD I just wear what I want.

Do you look back and say "Wow what was I thinking"?
Yes.

Have you realized which was once a phase is your actual style/personality?
Maybe the " dark scene-ish type" I like to express myself with what I wear since I'm super shy, I can be very hyper or really laid back, almost bored.

Do you think your mindset was different during your phase than your actual personality?
idk D:

here's some pics I found haha;

9-10th grade;

User ImageUser Image

11 grade;

User Image User ImageUser Image

12 grade

User Image
User Image
User Image

Awww the 12th grade picture is actually super cute! I wish my hair was that long crying

But lol I basically looked like the first pic and second pic in middle school after my Catholic school said I couldn't bleach my hair… Had to go back to brunette so I just looked more silly. I wore tutus like the second pic too. I have a pic of me at my middle school dance in a tutu with platform boots and a clip in coon-tail. My mom thinks it's a cute picture and has always kept it on the fridge.

It must be burned to get rid of evidence…...

Feral Pumpkin

i went through emo phase 9-10th grade.
11th grade i just wore whatever.
12th grade i think i started developing hippie/boho/slightly preppy? look.

Shirtless Explorer

Zanark Avalonic
the dreaded emo phase in 7-8th
the weeaboo phase in 8th
and then in 9th grade i had a really long phase of being insecure with myself and my identity as a result of coming out of not 1, but 2 seperate abusive relationships so i dyed my hair a bunch of different colors and put up a bitchy overly feminine persona and went by the name millie for a while

Dude… are you me?

Seriously I went through basically all of those phases in the same grades as you. I was obsessed with Japan and anime in 8th grade (besides emo/scene too) and in 9th grade I cut all my hair off b/c of an abusive relationship and dyed it.

Also I went by Millie (spelled Milli for me)… wow.

Shirtless Explorer

Padawan Brittany
I went through a mullet phase through much of grade seven, as I had a David Bowie obsession at the time;

User Image

And then I had a very brief two week goth phase in grade nine, as my first ex-boyfriend said he thought it was hot (and I wanted him to go back out with me);

User Image

I feel you on the mullet phase gurl. I've attempted to grow out my pixie and would cut it off at the mullet phase. I finally pushed through it this year and my hair touches my collarbone now. But for those 2 months everyone was like "Maxx has a mullet LOLOLOL"

Also the goth phase seems to be a common thing when trying to get boys. Or at least for everyone I knew, including myself it was.

Shirtless Explorer

RyaZombie
Maxxxipad
RyaZombie
Also, you're really hot.

emotion_dowant

Lol my 'scene' picture is hot?!?

I cringe every time I see it.

No your sig : P

Oh thank you 3nodding

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
From 6th to halfway through 9th grade I went through a scene/emo stage (infact in 7th grade I started calling it scenemo *cringes*) I used to wear color hair extensions from hot topic, coon tails, and black eyeliner all the time. And this was the point when I was on Zwinky so even my avatar was scene. (oh god I'm ashamed I admited that...)
I love anime and manga but I always have, so I don't think that's a phase. I just think that's who I am at this point.

I haven't really had a set defined style/phase after that. I want more lolita and hime gyaru styles, but that's expensive and hard to find everyday clothes like that in America. The only styles I go through are hair styles.

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Weeaboo phase. -.-

Constantly drawing fan art, speaking bits of japanese or writing it. Writing awful fan fictions, posters and pictures i printed out all over my wall. (one wall covered in yaoi/shonen ai pics even) and staying up all night watching anime. it was bad.

While i still watch the occasional anime, enjoy cosplay and have a few posters on my wall. Im glad im not as bad as i use to be as a teenager.
From between 2006-2008, I was a huge troll. I don't know what was going on in my head. It happened mostly here on Gaia. I look back at those posts on those accounts and it's pretty embarrassing.

The fact that I was a recognizable person in the ED isn't something I'm proud of.

Shirtless Explorer

Sakura Takafumi
Weeaboo phase. -.-

Constantly drawing fan art, speaking bits of japanese or writing it. Writing awful fan fictions, posters and pictures i printed out all over my wall. (one wall covered in yaoi/shonen ai pics even) and staying up all night watching anime. it was bad.

While i still watch the occasional anime, enjoy cosplay and have a few posters on my wall. Im glad im not as bad as i use to be as a teenager.

Ugh that was me in 8th grade. It'd draw horrible wanna-anime and write fake kanji, telling my classmates it meant love or something…

Also I'd go to anime conventions and be super annoying. I still like cosplay and conventions as well and enjoy anime from time to time. But back then my room was filled with Lucky Star and Miku merch. It was like a weeaboo threw up.

Shirtless Explorer

Riceatron
From between 2006-2008, I was a huge troll. I don't know what was going on in my head. It happened mostly here on Gaia. I look back at those posts on those accounts and it's pretty embarrassing.

The fact that I was a recognizable person in the ED isn't something I'm proud of.

I used to really love 4chan because of the humor and watching ppl get trolled
and I'd lie about being a male so people wouldn't harass me.
I like joking around but trolling for girls to show their boobs still bothers me to this day
haven't been on 4chan or ED in a while because an entire thread became about harassing me because I was telling a story and idiotically said I was female.

Yeeeah I don't understanding trolling either… I like jokes but nothing super mean...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff