Welcome to Gaia! ::

So Yeah People Who Are In Band, What Is The Most Memorable Moment In Marching Band? What Made Marching Band So Memorable To You? What Do You Love Most About Marching Band?

My Most Memorable Band Moment:
My Freshman Year In Marching Band, Everyone In The Marching Band, Drumline, And Colorguard Thought Me And My Closest Guy Friend Since 7th Grade(Knew Him All Because of Music) Were Brother And Sister. As To Why People Thought That(What People Told Me): Me and Him Came Into Marching Band Around The Same Time, That Whole Marching Season We Were Always Kicking It Together, Before We Even Entered High School We Would Go To The School We Are Currently Attending To See The Jazz Band And We Were Together, And Lastly(As One Of Our Friends Put It) We Were That Close/Tight *Crosses Fingers As A Diminstration*. What Made that Whole Sibling Thing Funny/Memorable Was That Even Our Band Director Thought We Were Siblings.

Why Love Marching Band:
We're A Family.
This one time at band camp....
Getting 2nd place at the BOA at St. Louis, Ohio. 2007

(colorguard)
Last year at invitationals...
I dropped my piccolo.
RIGHT in front of the judges. (Well, they were up in the booth, but still)
I was in the front line, and NO ONE noticed.
Not the judges, not the director. No one.
We had a scatter drill between formations, and I got it then.
I still feel amazing.
GO ORCHESTRA!!!! xd
Getting first place in street at EVERY competition we went to this past season, and finally winning first on the street at the Fiesta Bowl. Go King~ 8D
It's been great. 8D
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

EVERYTHING.
There wasn't a moment for me that wasn't memorable.
Last year was the best though because we finally got all 1's at Louisiana Showcase.
It's hard as ******** to get that good at Showcase!
And it was the best season we've had since '98.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
We [the drumline] got the top trophy for our group, that was so awesome.
We were doing drills and this kids' pants fell off. o.o
Probably the first festival of the season...
Despite the fact that everything that could have gone wrong did, it was still fun.

I mean, who wouldn't have fun with epic MarioKart DS wars, midnight trip to Harris Teeters and seeing the cashiers going '0_0;;', and being so tired from getting back at 4AM that when the tallest guy on drumline changes the letters above the drama bulliten board to say 'Arse Man' it actually seems hilarious? XDD
Mine was we did a Garbage marching band for charity at our school swimming sports. someone tripped. into the pool and took 3 guys down with him, it was pretty damn hilarious
we live on the water here. and there was this big dare days festival and like. eveyone in our town goes there (small town) but yeah. well our marching band had to come and march up and down the streets for the three parades going on. and in between one of our things me and my besst friend went to go get a hot dog and sit by the water and he hit his trumpet and it feel in the water.
I went to an American high school for my last year in high school and I was in colorguard.
I fell flat on my face during our invitational (the senior performance) and then had to have my name called at the end as one of the seniors...I was the only guy in colorguard and I thought my head would explode from embarassment. Overall though I liked band...just not that night.
My friend steve getting hit in the balls with a trombone slide...
he hit the ground hard and didn't get up...omg..lol
There were so many...
I guess the time I remember most was my freshman year...We were at our first comp. and I became extremely dehydrated and went into a panic attack. I screamed and cried begging to march with the band but I couldn't...It broke my heart into a million pieces because I felt like I let my band,my family down.
Well...When I got home from the hospital,I had calls from band members I had never gotten a chance to really know,my director,and the two drum majors.
When I got to school on Monday,this girl who became like my big sister brought me this huge bag filled with Candy and ramen.

That next year when we went to the same comp. I finally got to march in it and everyone was really happy for me. We won for the first time in our school's history at that comp and because of that for a brief moment I actually smiled to my director and said "I finally got to march here,and something good came out of it."

SHHS band is my family and HHS band can't compare to the amazing love we had

>w< One band one sound!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas