Welcome to Gaia! ::

I want to know because I am freshmen in college living with my parents. It sucks because I have follow their rules and they treat me like a kid, but I just deal with it. I want know if you still lived with parents when you finish college. If you moved to a different state and got your career job that you wanted. Or maybe you were still working to save up money do that. Tell me anything! I want to know.
Being from the UK I guess it's a bit different but I stayed with parents throughout college and a bit afterwards. Finding a job was the main issue after college and the job I did find after 6 months had nothing to do with what I studied. Hell, the job I have now has nothing to do with what I studied and so far I have preferred it.
❝ Back living with my parents, and job-hunting. ❞
Whiskey Grey
Being from the UK I guess it's a bit different but I stayed with parents throughout college and a bit afterwards. Finding a job was the main issue after college and the job I did find after 6 months had nothing to do with what I studied. Hell, the job I have now has nothing to do with what I studied and so far I have preferred it.

Damn! That sucks!

Kawaii Snacker

17,025 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
I stayed on campus the four years of college and then move back with my parents. Which was weird cause it was like I was back in High School living with them after not for so long. I then got serious with my then BF and started staying at his house more and more and unofficially kinda moved in with his parents then we had our own place for a little while until my parents came into money from a settlement and they bought a small house meant for him and I cause the place we were living in had no hot water, was falling apart and was basically a death trap. He didn't want to be 'under my parents thumb' and refused to move out of the s**t hole garage apartment we were in. I did and we broke it off (we were engaged at that time.)
So I'm now living in said house (two years now) with a friend and my younger sister paying the bills and such.
Work wise I searched for work for the summer after I graduated, couldn't find anything and went back to school for teaching. Got offered another job about half way through that degree and dropped out of that school for the time being to pursue that job offer (which is where i'm working now) Making hardly enough money to live on and getting the 'you don't make enough money' talk from my parents pretty much anytime we talk. Ughhh........
Sanji The Lover Boy
Whiskey Grey

Damn! That sucks!

Not really. I have a good job I enjoy and get paid well above minimum wage. Things are going pretty dam good at the moment.

Invisible Lunatic

You'll get treated like a kid pretty much until your parents think you're not going to screw up. It's part of growing up. I have friend a few years older than me who still live with their parents, some of hem have issues with it, some don't. It really depends.

I just finished my program and I'm looking for a job, not going to be thinking of moving out until I have enough saved and a decent enough wage to support myself.

Anxious Prophet

Moved back in with parents. Started working in a big liquor store set up as a department store. Think I'm about to become the manager of wine.

User Image
I can't live with my mom. She makes me too crazy. I moved out right after high school and never went back, although I do understand the appeal of living with family, rent-free, if you can handle it. Still, I was part-time for several years in undergrad because I couldn't qualify for a student loan while my parents still lived in the province. Also couldn't afford to work less than 30hrs/wk. Eventually my parents moved to BC and I was finally able to be a full-time student and graduate. Took long enough!

I'm doing a post-grad now so I can get a job in my field.
After I graduated college I spent the summer living with my parents and then moved 9 hours away to go to university. It had nothing to do with them and everything to do with my college education being a waste of money.
I moved 10 hours away to go to medical school. I didn't live at home during college though.

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
I moved out after graduating college, then got married and moved in with my in-laws.
We have our own downstairs apartment with a kitchen and whatnot. We pay rent, bills, groceries, etc..
I like the security of family nearby, especially with a baby on the way.

I miss my parents so much. They treated me like a kid when I moved back in for a few days (marriage troubles). I loved it!

Sorry you don't like living with your parents, but you'll probably miss it like crazy when you're moved out.
Sanji The Lover Boy
I want to know because I am freshmen in college living with my parents. It sucks because I have follow their rules and they treat me like a kid, but I just deal with it. I want know if you still lived with parents when you finish college. If you moved to a different state and got your career job that you wanted. Or maybe you were still working to save up money do that. Tell me anything! I want to know.

Well I haven't yet finished college I'm in my final year (took long enough!) but I have lived on my own before and let me tell you it's rough!!! Your parents may make you crazy now and you hate the rules (I totally understand mine are the same), but try to stick through it. You'll be thankful in the long run because you'll have better financial stability when you do get out on your own. Plus parents do little things to help out that you really don't notice or appreciate until you're gone. Just don't try to grow up too fast don't wish it all away like I did. I let a guy ruin my life and now I'm paying the prices for it. I have a two year old now that I take care of, I'm going to school full time, and working part time. It's a lot but living at home helps. Just be great full for what you have.
Started working for a store in new york for artistic people its a club and a store

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff