Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
Flutter Fox

So growing up I had a bunch of My Little Ponies from a girl who used to baby sit me. Now I loved these brightly coloured ponies and even named a little pink one after the girl who gave them to me. I had adventures with them and I would go garage sales with my parents looking to buy more with pocket money. Eventually I grew out of them and wanted to pass them on to another little girl who I babysat (They were in extremely good condition). But no, my Mom made me keep them because "They could be worth money one day!"

So a year and a half ago I call her up, wanting to get my ponies back because I was afraid she would sell them on me. Turns out she gave them away to a neighbor, I was heart broken but asked if I could get the little pink one because it was special to me. My Mom never went over to get it back.. So the next six months I start watching the new show (Hey its good, don't judge) and I go on tumblr to see all the art and things. I start seeing old ponies that I had!
gonk
Now my boyfriend had bought me the pink pony that I had loved the christmas before since I was pretty much in tears about the whole thing. I'm starting to slowly get them back, but they're around 20-30 bucks with shipping and in good quality. So I guess you were right Mom! scream

Questions:
-What was your favorite toy as a kid?
-What happened to it?
-How much would you spend to get it back?
-Stories/Thoughts?

Nice to hear he did such a thing for you. :] Congrats finding such a nice dude who does things with love.

Well my favorite toys as a kid..*smiles geekly*
Must be transformers as usual..(yeah who doesn't like them) ,well i had all kinds of toys that i still keep in my basement ,and im gonna perish with them! haha ^_^
But still there are a few i would like to get (i don't know wich ones yet..but some of em old ones..but we will se if i manage to do it)
My tougth is that ,i try now these days to get away from stuff i hold to close ,living the way that ,someday i could lose everything ,so its better to not to attach myself to it to much ,so i won't be dissapointed over when i lose it because i really do get dissapointed when something i like dissapears.
Its not a easy lesson to learn to not hold tigth to things but its a lesson im willingly to learn to not hurt myself on the way of my own love/happy life. :]

Dapper Deadeye

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Nerd 50
I used to be really fond of the Rescue Heroes figures. The only ones that I sorta want back are the classic ones like Billy Blazes and Rocky Canyon. Sure a lot of the names were lame but that's part of their charm.

Genius

Not to be one of those "Nineties were the best!" people, but the 90's did have very good toys...

Generous Bookworm

31,675 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Toy Drive Tycoon 400
  • Pine Perfection 250
Runkle
Not to be one of those "Nineties were the best!" people, but the 90's did have very good toys...

Agreed! emotion_kirakira

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
A_burningFarewell

Nice to hear he did such a thing for you. :] Congrats finding such a nice dude who does things with love.

Must be transformers as usual..(yeah who doesn't like them) ,well i had all kinds of toys that i still keep in my basement ,and im gonna perish with them! haha ^_^
But still there are a few i would like to get (i don't know wich ones yet..but some of em old ones..but we will se if i manage to do it)
My tougth is that ,i try now these days to get away from stuff i hold to close ,living the way that ,someday i could lose everything ,so its better to not to attach myself to it to much ,so i won't be dissapointed over when i lose it because i really do get dissapointed when something i like dissapears.
Its not a easy lesson to learn to not hold tigth to things but its a lesson im willingly to learn to not hurt myself on the way of my own love/happy life. :]

Thanks, its kinda a tradition now. Just get me a pony for christmas and I'm happy!
Transformers were so fun, my brother had a couple we could transform them in two time flat! Couldn't do it now, I'd spend twenty minutes just trying to get the arms right.

I like to think that if there was a fire and I had five minutes to grab something that meant a lot to me. There wouldn't be much to grab, most of my stuff is replaceable. Besides my life is worth more then just stuff and things. I like to keep old toys because one day I'd like to pass them on to my children.

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Runkle

And we didn't have all these gaming consoles to keep us inside. It feels like toys back thing could take waaay more damage then today.

Generous Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
Flutter Fox
A_burningFarewell

Thanks, its kinda a tradition now. Just get me a pony for christmas and I'm happy!
Transformers were so fun, my brother had a couple we could transform them in two time flat! Couldn't do it now, I'd spend twenty minutes just trying to get the arms right.

I like to think that if there was a fire and I had five minutes to grab something that meant a lot to me. There wouldn't be much to grab, most of my stuff is replaceable. Besides my life is worth more then just stuff and things. I like to keep old toys because one day I'd like to pass them on to my children.

Well i just hope in the future that they can make re-makes of told toys (but with robot skeletons inside them so they could move on their own and such)

Well it seems like an nice idea you have ,i think the most parrents think like that way.
i think like this...i have my toys...the kids better stay away from my toys..they will get new instead ^_^ hahaha...
Well..Seems like you are a person who loves to share anyway ,i think your kids will be happy with whatever they will receive :] while mine ,that will want to play with my old toys while i give them new instead..hahaha ^_^

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
A_burningFarewell

Well i just hope in the future that they can make re-makes of told toys (but with robot skeletons inside them so they could move on their own and such)

Well it seems like an nice idea you have ,i think the most parrents think like that way.
i think like this...i have my toys...the kids better stay away from my toys..they will get new instead ^_^ hahaha...
Well..Seems like you are a person who loves to share anyway ,i think your kids will be happy with whatever they will receive :] while mine ,that will want to play with my old toys while i give them new instead..hahaha ^_^

Ahh that would be so awesome! Theres a company that will make a toy out of your kids drawing, I'd love to do one of those.

Awe thank you, I had fun playing with these toys I'm sure my kids would too, plus it'd be fun to play with them again biggrin Haha I'm sure I'll have to hid some toys away from my kids, that way I won't murder them if they cut my dolls hair off or draw on her.
i used to love barbie dolls xD

Space Phantom

10,900 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hive Mind 200
My favorite toy as a kid was a teddy bear named Shaun (I named him).

It was this white teddy bear with red pajamas that had stars and moons on it (that glowed in the dark), that came attached to a pillow, and you could manipulate it to do flips, stand on its head, etc. My aunt was cleaning out her room one day and gave it to me (it only had one paw on the pillow at that point), and I ripped him off the pillow and he went everywhere with me (except school), and slept with him every night.

I just lost him one day (I looked for him, and he was gone. I don't know what happened to him), and have a replacement Shaun. It's not really the same, but it kind of works.
My absolute favorite toy is a stuffed bunny of unknown origin that I still have and even married with kids it sleeps on our bed. I don't know what I would do if it ever went missing.

Worst story of toys would be my Barbies. I had a huge box of Barbie stuff. Some of it was from my generation, some of it was my moms from when she was a kid that she had given to me, and when we moved I packed it and left it with my dad until we could afford to have him ship it. Well, he gave it, my record collection, and everything else I had left behind to Goodwill. Trying to search them down now, there was a couple grand in vintage Barbies alone that he gave away. This was 10-15 years ago and I'm still pissed at him about it.

Anxious Werewolf

16,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Waffles! 25
  • The Wolf Within 100
Linteia
My absolute favorite toy is a stuffed bunny of unknown origin that I still have and even married with kids it sleeps on our bed. I don't know what I would do if it ever went missing.

Worst story of toys would be my Barbies. I had a huge box of Barbie stuff. Some of it was from my generation, some of it was my moms from when she was a kid that she had given to me, and when we moved I packed it and left it with my dad until we could afford to have him ship it. Well, he gave it, my record collection, and everything else I had left behind to Goodwill. Trying to search them down now, there was a couple grand in vintage Barbies alone that he gave away. This was 10-15 years ago and I'm still pissed at him about it.

I'm all for passing down toys, it makes that toy extra special to your kids.

Okay you win with parent giving away toys.. I do not blame you for still being pissed off about it, it would be so hard to let go of that disappointment. Sometimes its not even about the money lost on the toys (Well I guess it is, if you ever want to replace them) but just being careless with something you treasured so much hurts. Did he ever explain why he did it? Like did he forget he had to ship it, instead he thought it was a donation to good will?
Flutter Fox
Linteia

I'm all for passing down toys, it makes that toy extra special to your kids.

Okay you win with parent giving away toys.. I do not blame you for still being pissed off about it, it would be so hard to let go of that disappointment. Sometimes its not even about the money lost on the toys (Well I guess it is, if you ever want to replace them) but just being careless with something you treasured so much hurts. Did he ever explain why he did it? Like did he forget he had to ship it, instead he thought it was a donation to good will?

He just thought I didn't want them anymore, which is honestly the bigger part of the reason I still hold it against him, because I specifically told him not to get rid of them. I'm sure if he hadn't donated them then most of them would still have ended up there eventually, but some of it was irreplaceable, like the Barbie my aunt customized for me or the clothes my mom made for them.
i have all my toys in my moms attic she will never give them away.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

13,600 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I never really had one toy that I couldn't live without. Now that I think about it I never had that many toys at all, maybe a small chest full if that. I was never much a kid who played with toys, I much preferred to....well I don't remember but I know enough to know it wasn't toys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff