Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anxious Duck

I can understand why people would be frustrated and angry, but it's already done. Though it is true, cats should be neutered, indoor or not. I'm sure you care about your cats, nobody can just say you don't, but you obviously do not have the funds for something like this to happen, when you should. If you own any animal, insured or not, you should always tuck away money for emergencies. I never insure my animals (personal opinions), but I will always have the extra cash in case something was to happen to them.

If you can, surrender that kitten and neuter your female as soon as possible (but now that she's had kittens, you're gonna have to wait now). My rabbits had bunnies, one ended up having the same condition as your kittens and to stop it suffering, I actually took it to a vets and put it to sleep. I thought for the animal, not for my selfish thinking about wanting to keep it alive because I wanted it to live. If that little one carried on, it would have lived an awful life and would have not been able to breathe properly. But now I have seven healthy rabbits, all who are living to the fullest because I prepared for something possible that could happen. Though if there were anymore, yes, I would sell them. But I would have the money to look after them until they would be given away.

That's the point though, you have to prepare for something that could happen. Don't think that it wouldn't, mistakes can be done and they obviously have. Plan ahead, it's something very important to do when keeping animals.

As harsh as it is, seriously, the last thing you need is another cat in your house. If you can't afford to neuter her, please don't keep another cat because you feel sorry for it. People have many places in their homes for cats, you don't need another.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
this_ Ravers_Fantasy
Valtiel the Watcher
http://www.paws.org/cats-and-dogs/other-services/help-with-veterinary-bills/

http://m.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html

To all of you people who keep saying "oh set up a payment plan, you dumbass set up a ******** payment plan, o look what do we have here a ******** payment plan" since the humane society seems to think that getting a payment plan might not be so easy if you aren't a regular customer to said vet then obviously getting a payment plan ain't so god damn easy. Now sure she might have to buckle down and wait until a shelter has some time to take care of said kittens but it might be to ******** early to separate it from it's mother so it might not be a simple matter of just leaving the kitten in the hands of a shelter which, if said shelter is as crowded as she says it is, it would probably just euthanized anyway.

Sure she should have had the kat fixed. Hindsight is 20:20. But she didn't, she let the cat out, it had kittens and now she is trying to deal with it the best she can until she may possibly be able to get some help with it. Maybe consider some ways to help keep the cat fed. If the mother isn't feeding the kitten enough, what is a safe food to supliments that for kittens? Is the place she is keeping the kittens warm enough? Is there anything she can do to make sure the kitten doesn't die before she finds a vet?

As suggested by one of the links I posted, maybe she can offer to do work at one of these shelters or vets in lee of payment. Apparently vets might do that. Animals aren't people and as such, vets can refuse to save the life of a pet without payment. That is the unfortunate way of the world. Now instead of jumping all over this girl telling her what a terrible job she's doing, why not offer something other than a mother ******** I told you so. Even homeless people sometimes have pets. This kitten has a shelter, and someone who wants to help it. That person is asking for advice because to her it looks like all the typical options are beyond her reach. We could give her options that she might hav not previously considered.

And yet again I have found myself incredibly disappointed in most of you right now
i don't live in us so that place will not help me but thank and i know vet who will do payment plan but they need money up front for check up cost money witch i don't got right now and talk to them things are not free now a days and city i live in we got lot cats and dogs that need homes and lot vets want money right away
The website mostly offers suggestions for people in your situation. You know, like offering to volunteer time at said vet or opening a line of credit when all else fails.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

2 choices
1.) Take them to the vet and set up a payment plan
2.) Wing it and hope they live

Figure out what your priorities are, their life, or your money. Depending on your situation replace the word "Money" with "Your quality of life"

User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces