Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
cant post anything without a rude comment.
Have you tried asking your family/friends for help first?
I just tipped you 10,000 gold, hope that helps your doggie.

Woof.

Magical Girl

I'm going to be honest, brutally honest. But if you can't afford to look after the dog or any other pet on your own then you really shouldn't be keeping one. Let's say it's something worse than a tooth acting up and they need treatment right away but can't get it, it wouldn't be fair to let the animal suffer because you can't get the finances in order. That's all I'm going to say in terms of that.

But I'd absolutely ask for help from people you know personally and offer to pay them back over time, like maybe a parent or something?

Hope it all gets worked out though.
too many unrealists in this world who can't take the truth.

Distinct Member

Angeltear1716
I'm going to be honest, brutally honest. But if you can't afford to look after the dog or any other pet on your own then you really shouldn't be keeping one. Let's say it's something worse than a tooth acting up and they need treatment right away but can't get it, it wouldn't be fair to let the animal suffer because you can't get the finances in order. That's all I'm going to say in terms of that.

But I'd absolutely ask for help from people you know personally and offer to pay them back over time, like maybe a parent or something?

Someone could easily think it's a scam/spam as well.

Dabbler

Angeltear1716

I wasn't able to see the original post...
But that seems a little small minded. Sometimes people's finances change after they get the pet or there are no other real options for the pet. People also have varying mindsets. A lot of middle class people who *could* afford it won't spring for necessary vet bills. And just saying "well you shouldn't have a pet anyway" is just kind of rubbing it in their faces, for people who want to be able to put that money in. That's stressful as it is.
You begged for money on an online forum, what kind of responses did you expect? None of us were particularly rude either.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image reality isn't all sparkles and sunshine

Revered Vampire

12,350 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Member 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
❝ Such is the result of boredom + anonymity. ❞