Welcome to Gaia! ::

FIRST OFF I'M NOT SAYING ITS ALL TEENAGERS BUT ITS A GROWING TREND PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU FLAME

Quote:
CHESTERFIELD TOWNSHIP, Mich. -- Three teens are dead and three other people are injured after a four-vehicle accident on Gratiot Avenue, between 24 mile and 25 mile roads.

The accident involved a pickup truck with four teens inside, a red sedan, a dark colored sedan and a school bus with no children inside.

Police tell Local 4 there were three different cars racing down Gratiot, moving fast and occupants throwing bottles at each other.

Police said the driver of the red car cut off the pickup truck because he was angry over the way the teens were driving.

The pickup truck went after him, crossed the center line and plowed into the school bus.

All four teens in the pickup truck were from Chesterfield Township and were high school students at L’Anse Creuse High School in Macomb.

Two of them, Robert McGuire, 17, and Jordan Vandeputte, 17, died at the scene.

Two others were rushed to the hospital, where Nicholas Noble, 17, later died.

Only one teen in the pickup survived -- the driver, James Lacoursiere, 17.

Newscast video of the crash.

Now, my point is that I see too many young people not valuing the life that was given to them by their parents. There are too many reckless behaviours going on such as self harm, obsession by todays society with sex and suicide, teenagers thinking violent behavior is acceptable.

Quote:
LAKELAND, Fla. (AP) -- Eight teenagers have been arrested on charges alleging they beat another teen in an "animalistic attack" so they could make a videotape to post on YouTube.

Seven of them remained in juvenile detention Tuesday, authorities said. A boy who was charged as an adult had been released on bail.

Victoria Lindsay was attacked on March 30 by six teenage girls when she arrived at a friend's home, authorities said.

One of the girls struck the 16-year-old victim on the head several times and then slammed her head into a wall, knocking her unconscious, according to an arrest report.

Later, according to a clip of the video that was released by the Polk County sheriff's office, the teens can be seen blocking a door and hitting Victoria.

"It's absolutely an animalistic attack," Sheriff Grady Judd said Tuesday on NBC's "Today." "They lured her into the home for express purpose of filming the attack and posting it on the Internet."

Victoria's father, Patrick Lindsay, said the teens intended to post the video on the video-sharing Web site YouTube.

Christina Garcia, mother of one of the defendants, said her daughter had turned the tape over to police.

The sheriff's office said that after the attack, three of the teens forced the victim into a vehicle and drove her to another location, where she was told she would be given a worse beating if she contacted police.

All eight suspects were arrested April 2 and charged with battery and false imprisonment. The three teens who took Lindsay to the second location are also charged with felony kidnapping.

Lindsay was treated for a concussion, damage to her left eye and left ear, and numerous bruises, police said.

How do we change this pattern in thinking and behaving? Those of us who are growing into the age where we are going to become parents, how do we teach our children not to behave this way? And how can we make a positive change in the ones who behave like this now? Should these be used as examples? Should we wait till tragedy occurs and shove it in their faces with the hopes that there will be changes?

Too many people don't realize, comprehend or fully appreciate the consequences to their actions. If its not stopped while they're young it will only get worse as people get older.
So... You are upset because people are violent?
I hate to bring this to your attention, but violence is not a growing trend.
The human has always been violent. And personally I think we have become less and less violent through the generations of our ancestors.

I mean, we certainly don't have a giant arena which we force slave to battle with starved lions until the death... Humans in today's time also don't perform live executions of "witches". I'm sorry, but, I know that some people are violent in the modern world, but it definitely is nothing compared to our historical counterparts.

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Um. Most teens don't care what you think. If they want to be reckless, they will be, no matter what you say.
Let them learn the lesson, either by being hurt or seeing their friends hurt.

Benevolent Fatcat

The whole joy of being a teenager is the thrill of feeling invincible and defying anyone who says you're wrong.

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid. :B

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Im a teen, age 15

Read my words:

Im not invincible and alot...not all, but alot of people i know, know that, too.
We value life more than older citizens. We just dont get the time to show it, with school and other pressures of being a teenager.

We're not invincible.

Our weaknesses make us human.
Our Courage makes us more.

Edit: "Teenagers think that violence is acceptable?"
One, dont group all teens together
Two, Violence is never acceptable and I always try to avoid it.
I heard this story that teens in Florida thought drinking a cap full of bleach would prevent HIV and pregnancy. Oh, plus Mountain Dew.

Not only are alot of teens reckless, they're idiots as well.

Let them die from their mistakes. Less idiots on this planet.
You are amazing
I heard this story that teens in Florida thought drinking a cap full of bleach would prevent HIV and pregnancy. Oh, plus Mountain Dew.

Not only are a alot of teens reckless, they're idiots as well.

Let them die from their mistakes. Less idiots on this planet.
idiots? You fail to realise that all teens are NOT the same.
Enigmatic Phantasm
The whole joy of being a teenager is the thrill of feeling invincible and defying anyone who says you're wrong.

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid. :B

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid. :B" haha well said.
Teenagers are not the only ones that don't relise the consequences of there actions. not until the mid to late 30's do people starte to learn that, the hard way. many youth of today see no need to do , "insert bad behavior here" becuase they have not lived long enough or learned that everything has an effect. even some older people have never learned that lesson. prudence and pations(sp?) are virtures. it's not til we age when we learn those lessons. like Enigmatic Phantasm said "To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid" so know matter what you do there will always be young people doing stupid things, as long as there is free time to do it.

Prophet

6,900 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
I'm all for weeding out people, honestly.
If they survive teenhood, they learn to be a more responsible adult.
If they die, well... it happens.
If people drag them through their stupidity so they never learn, you end up with stupid reckless adults.
Eublepharis Macularius
I'm all for weeding out people, honestly.
If they survive teenhood, they learn to be a more responsible adult.
If they die, well... it happens.
If people drag them through their stupidity so they never learn, you end up with stupid reckless adults.

but yet we still get the idiot adults to. the pot heads, wife beaters, person in utter debt. teenhood only kills the reckless, not the stupid.

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
People aren't teaching them, the parents are giving too much freedom. They aren't seeing punishment.

I'm a teen and I agree with Mr 15(Sorry can't remember your user =])
You shouldn't group all the same like you have in your name.

And guess what? Violence levels aren't really changing, but it IS being my publicised.

@You Are Amazing ~ They only think that because they aren't being taught properly by family or schools. Hell I've never ONCE been taught a sex ed lesson. I had to find out myself.

Also, it isn't JUST teens who are like this, there are PLENTY of adults like it too. And THAT is worse, you'd think they would have learnt by then and grown up.
I say let them do what they want and let Darwin sort them out.

Not that they should be able to do anything, i mean let them choose "huh..will this probably get me killed or not?"
I watched a documentry that showed there are faaaaarrrr more
crimes not involving teens, than those that do involve teens.
Crimes with teens seem to stand out more, which i think is unfair because
this leads most people to think we're all like this.
I am quite tired of this myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces