Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Lunatic

User Image

I swear a lot. Sometimes without even realizing. I was always careful to avoid "bad words" as a kid, but as an adult, I have to actively censor myself around other people's children. Strangely, I find that swearing actually helps relieve some of my stress in any given situation. I don't really consider it a bad habit, but I do try to be respectful around people who don't want to hear it.

What is your opinion on swearing?
How much do you swear on a daily basis?
Do you ever censor yourself?

User Image

Demonic Ally

Swearing is ******** s**t, that being said, I've brought up by assholes who swear like ******** sailors, so I guess I'm kinda a goddamned hypocrite.
******** bullshit IMO

Shy Kitten

I swear a lot.
Ever since I met my boyfriend.
Sigh. It's a bad habit.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
I rarely ever swear.

I think swearing in public is really rude and it's very crass. People sound more intelligent when they can think of things to say other than swear words. If you must really use the f word every other word in your sentence, then your vocabulary must be insanely small.
I swear a lot and I always swore back when I was in Elementary School. That's what my parents get for letting me watch Robocop movies since I was 7.

Most people in my personal and professional life don't care for my swearing. It gets ridiculously excessive when I'm with close friends, but I still swear at work. Everybody else at work does it and I'm happy that I can be myself there. I admit I tone it down greatly while I'm at the office and only use it occasionally to emphasize a point.

I don't necessarily think that swearing is a bad thing but it can be horribly awkward around children. When my best friend and I go out to eat, we usually ask to be seated in the corner of the restaraunt so we're not disturbing the families with our excessive swearing and graphic descriptions of sex, violence, and racial prejudice.

When my friend's GF's little sister comes and visit us, I get yelled at by the friend's gf because I continuously and uncontrollably continue to swear. When the little sister comes over, I just lock myself in a room because I have a hard time controlling what I say lol.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
I avoided swearing so hard up until I was in college. Afterward, it became fairly habitual. How much I do it does depend on company, and alone, I generally only do it to express frustration.
I don't mind when people do it, but it's kind of lame to use the fact that you're allowed to cuss around me as an excuse to insult people.

Dog_inthe_PWO's Kouhai

Colorful Fox

33,850 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
What is your opinion on swearing? to be honest i'm fine with it. i have a bit of a fowl mouth myself. i don't get why it's "bad" though it's language. the only bad words i never utter are raciest things. so i guess it's a bit hypocritical yeah?
How much do you swear on a daily basis? quite a bit but at work i normally just say "crap" very softly if i drop something.
Do you ever censor yourself? yeah around others who i know don't like it or other peoples kids. but then again i'm super paranoid when it comes to speaking. me and words don't always get along.
Silentmarie
I rarely ever swear.

I think swearing in public is really rude and it's very crass. People sound more intelligent when they can think of things to say other than swear words. If you must really use the f word every other word in your sentence, then your vocabulary must be insanely small.
That's not necessarily true. I swear a whole bunch but most people that talk to me think that I have a deep vocabulary.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Skinsword
Silentmarie
I rarely ever swear.

That's not necessarily true. I swear a whole bunch but most people that talk to me think that I have a deep vocabulary.

I'm more talking about those people who you see screaming "f*** this, f*** that, you mother f'ing f*** bag!"

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
aint no skin off my nose if someone wants to ******** swear
Silentmarie
Skinsword
Silentmarie
I rarely ever swear.

I'm more talking about those people who you see screaming "f*** this, f*** that, you mother f'ing f*** bag!"

One of my favorite things to say with my friend

"man that some ole bullshit, that s**t aint for me, ******** dat blat blat"

Timid Lunatic

Silentmarie
Skinsword
Silentmarie
I rarely ever swear.

User Image

That, I agree with. Being too excessive with it has the opposite effect; it's just silly. But I also like to swear despite having a large vocabulary. For some reason, no matter how many options I have to choose from, nothing feels quite as satisfying as throwing some variation of the word "********" into a sentence. Maybe that's just me. :p

User Image

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Skinsword
Silentmarie
Skinsword
Silentmarie
I rarely ever swear.

Talking with just your friend isn't so bad. It's the people who swear excessively in public around strangers a lot that really get me.
Silentmarie
Skinsword
Silentmarie
Skinsword
Silentmarie
I rarely ever swear.

Talking with just your friend isn't so bad. It's the people who swear excessively in public around strangers a lot that really get me.
That's how I talk to my friends/family in public. I tend to swear excessively around anybody that I'm comfortable with. Like I said, I frequently have to choose the corner seat in restaraunts because of my excessive swearing.

I think you're just judging a book by its cover. I don't think that swearing is an indication of anything aside from the person wanting to swear a lot.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Luna Legend
Silentmarie
Skinsword
Silentmarie
I rarely ever swear.

User Image

That, I agree with. Being too excessive with it has the opposite effect; it's just silly. But I also like to swear despite having a large vocabulary. For some reason, no matter how many options I have to choose from, nothing feels quite as satisfying as throwing some variation of the word "********" into a sentence. Maybe that's just me. :p

User Image

I saw it abused the most in high school. In college, there was only one girl I have seen so far abuse language and that was in a writing class. She used every word in the book within a 4 sentence span (Including words such as dyke and the n word). The professor seemed a little taken aback but said nothing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff