Welcome to Gaia! ::

Everyone stereotypes somewhat, no matter how "open minded" you claim to be. Even IF that person is being stereotypical, acknowledging that means you are labeling them as a stereotype, when no one is a stereotype all the time. No one is perfect, so we all judge by the stereotypes at some point in time.
A lot of people "dislike"stereotypes
But they still use them
They may or may not realize this
But they do at one time or another

Word.
Bebo the lord
jkdggjgh
steriotypes are the groups. when you target an individual you are catagorizing them in that steriotype based on your own prejudices. as far as puting "self proclaimed" in front of it, it is still steriotyping, though it is a direct hit on yourself. if I were to say, I am a self proclaimed raver, I am still catagorizing myself in that group. that means I am steriotyping myself based on some qualities that I share with a certain group of people.

However, if you were to look at qualities, then you would soon find that you belong to several groups, and that the members of that group each belong to several more. Thus, there would be mass histaria throughout the groups, and all that would be left would be a jumbled mess of people trying to figure out what set they and everyone else belong to. This is pretty much how it is in reality of the way society is.
eek you know this is the smartest post ive read! you changed how i think a little. thanks for your opinion!

you are very welcome my friend. I'm glad I could be of help.

I dislike people who get bent out of shape because they've been stereotyped. I think stereotyping is enormously beneficial but once you've given someone a group you shouldn't stop yourself from trying to find out more about them.
okay.. I dont think sterotypes are the most horrible thing in the world.. But i think that its rude to be like UGH I HATE PREPS or something.. I mean thats who they want to be and you dont have to get all worked up about the way they act or dress. I think stereotyping is okay until they get all hating and stuff, then its bad.. I think that EVERYONE in the world has judged or stereotyped SOMEONE at one point.. Its bad to judge people, yet we do it all the time emo
With or without stereotypes, we always put people into categories; I think everyone does this more or less naturally.
The Horror Queen

I hate stereotypers. They assume someone's gay because they may be feminine or assume someone's smart because they have glasses. |: Get to know them FIRST, find out the FACTS, then you'll know. :/

Isn't that prejudice your talking about?
Half the time people stereotype, they're joking. :/
Everyone stereotypes, and if you say you do not, you're a liar. It's like, have you ever seen a boy with tight pants on and automatically thought "Oh, he's emo" or "He's gay" even though you do not know them? Everyone does that, it's because society today is so thoroughly based on physical appearence and how it defines a person, it almost makes it impossible not to stereotype people.
Stereotypes exist cause there usually true

*slides on forehead out of topic*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas