Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Pup

My anxiety isn't as bad as it used to be and neither is my depression. Neither were ever severe but I'd have small periods of time where I'd just feel shitty. I tend to just get really quiet.

That being said, I still have little bouts of depression due to dysphoria. I try not to let it get the best of me though because it's hard getting out of that funk once I'm in it.

Anxious Friend

castigat ridendo mores
Angry gherkin
Except for you I have never been called a fake, wow! But maybe everybody else is stupid except you... idk but yeah either way you seem to be getting regular appointments and such which I don't get... first session of counseling next week and I'v been on anti-depressants for months... shouldn't it be the opposite way round or are drugs easier to prescribe?

Most doctors I've had the fortunate experience to be around like prescribing pills like they're candy.

Don't taste like sweets. sad

Desirable Kitten

10,450 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Honestly i feel like my depressionis easier yo deal with because I just accept thatveverything sucks. As long as i dont get my hopes up for anything Im good. My anxiety on the other hand is a nightmare. I feel like it suffocates me. I dont feel comfortable around anyone., even my boyfriend and he is the sweetest most thoughtful person ever but i feel like im holding me back, hes litterally perfect and he got stuck with a mess like me. I dont even feel comfortable in my own skin and honestly it sucks because im antisocial and people always think im being bitchy when i dont ylk to poeple but nobody uunderstands that its not that idont want to approach them its becayse I cant. Way to many tines ive opened up to people and ivr gotten ******** over of they'v . Left. They said they would be there for me but whwn i needed them most they were long gone. For years it has been easy to just bottle everything up but now im doing some intense counseling and i feel like its changing me and i dont know if its good or bad but in terrifired

5,625 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Edward 100
My depression isn't as bad as it used to be. When it was at its peak, I stayed in bed all day, I had suicidal thoughts, nothing was fun, and I was a recluse. Now, the worst I deal with is temporary lapses of hopelessness and sadness, but it's definitely a lot more manageable.

My anxiety is what messes me up. I have generalized anxiety disorder, and it interferes with my daily life. I'm always scared something's wrong with me, and I have anxiety attacks almost 4 days a week. It's gotten so bad for me that I'm turning to medication. Therapy just isn't enough anymore umu

Hygienic Smoker

Well, I have both. I learned how to live with it. Life moved on.
I hate the depression and anxiety that I have. I certainly enjoy overcoming pain and suffering.

You know, that day you get out of bed after 7 hours, feel rested and somehow just feel normal? It's amazing. Do people usually feel that everyday?

How about when you are in a perfectly safe and comfortable place or after you realize your panic attack is completely over. I just have to laugh. Same feeling as when severe ulcer pains subsided.

Normal is ******** WOW these days.

Shy Gaian

I'm currently in a, " I don't really give a ********" type of mood. Apathy, I think that's what it's called.
Never had this before, and my depression has kinda been MIA.

Anxiety hasn't been bothering me that much either lately.

It's kinda scary. I mean, being normal is better than wishing I was dead, but I'd honestly rather deal with the depression/anxiety. At least I know how to react to it. It comes in flairs and spits up every now and then, but there is so much going on here lately that I'm surprised it hasn't shown up.

But been suffering since probably middle school, right around the time my dad got married to the stupid drunk. It really sucks to be #1 in your dads life and suddenly be pushed to the very back because the step drunk would get jealous. I don't know when the anxiety started, but I know depression and anxiety are (usually) comorbid with each other.

Fanatical Phantom

Both here. My bipolar depression was diagnosed when I was sixteen and my anxiety disorder was diagnosed when I was eighteen.

I don't really have stories to share. Delving into the details would bring my past back up, and some things are best left in the past. However the anxiety has really caused a problem for me lately.

I just quit my job because I've been having issues with the anxiety, and I've been blowing up on people at work and having mental breakdowns over the littlest things that could easily be avoided.

Fluff Fairy

8,650 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I have been diagnosed with anxiety but I haven't had an anxiety attack in a long time, ever since I got out of a shitty situation with ex-friends and ex-boyfriend. I have a better support system, which helps with my anxiety. My pregnancy hormones make me anxious sometimes, but its nothing I can't handle.

Homicide Hunter's Significant Otter

Green Explorer

12,925 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
I have a complex combination of PTSD, depression, generalised anxiety, and social anxiety.

A lot of it is due to abuse from my narcissistic sociopath father, and my narcissistic mother, then from molestation when I was little (not from family though). Depression and such also runs in my family on both sides. I also was bullied from kindergarten up until about grade 8.

So, basically I have a general feelings of numbness or sadness at all times. Sometimes I have suicidal thoughts, other times I think really awful things about myself. I don't like interacting with strangers most of the time, sometimes I don't like interacting with people I know, and I hate phone calls or the apartment buzzer going off unexpectedly (i.e. FedEx package, mailman, friends randomly dropping by). I overthink pretty much everything, and if something goes wrong its extremely hard to get it off my mind. I am terrified about any possible bad outcomes, no matter how unlikely they are to happen.

I am triggered by things that remind me of the abuse, but I try to allow myself to be exposed to these things to help me heal. I have nightmares about the abuse almost daily, when I can sleep at least. I suffer insomia, lack of appetite at times, and extreme fatigue (etc.) because of all this crap.

I was on sertraline (Zoloft) which really helped "even" out my emotions and therefore helped me with a little more energy...but I stopped taking it because I cut contact with my abusive parents so now I'm not on my mother's insurance any more. When I have insurance again I'm going back on my meds. I also want to try therapy.

Gaian

If you're looking for advice in mental health or to share and hear others stories those of trivial times or even success stories, you may want to post this in yes, Lifestyle Discussion but subforum >> Life issues.

Additionally, incase you did not know as there may be quite a lot who do not know, there is a wonderful section if you're interested in forum chat discussions themed in Psychology and Mental Health I'd suggest going to the Gaia Community Thread >> Extended Discussions >> Psychology & Sociology.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/sociology-and-psychology/f.61/

Link can be found here , if you're interested. sweatdrop

~! Hope you're enjoying the time of Gaia.

~Trazzy
i used to have more problems with it but not so much lately i don't think

last time i felt anxious was last month and i was really losing it all week

but it was one week after like several months of no big feelings of anxiety/depression

lately i just feel kinda irritated about things and my back hurts all the time but money's tight to heal it
Angry gherkin
klebold5
I have no anxiety. I take verbal abuse and criticism for a living with both of my jobs. There really isn't anything that anyone can say that can hurt me. Words will never trigger any kind of episode for me. And it's not ignorance, it's just thick skin and the understanding that human emotions are nothing but interferences. Seriously people, get over what happened to you.

It's not something you can just get over, I work in retail (which if you know it's the WORST place to work over summer) and unlike you... well here is a good way to describe it, some people have thick skin but I'm more like an old bathroom sponge I absorb everything that touches me. I have a chemical imbalance in my brain and not all medication can work sometimes is works a miracle and I feel great but other times it doesn't and I can go though rough episodes of depression.
Sounds like a big excuse to me. What a load of crap. Being dependent on medication is something that people thousands of years ago did not have the luxury of doing. They obviously lived to reproduce and ultimately create you and I so how do you think they did it? They worked with what they had, coped, adjusted, and adapted. You can't just take whatever imperfections you have about you and claim that it's what makes you unique. Admit it - you feel special whenever you think about what's wrong with you. There is no "chemical imbalance" in your brain, did you diagnose that yourself with a couple of googled articles? It's easy to pick apart your own flaws, but it's another to blame the world on them.

Good lord. Retail? You poor thing. If you can't handle the summer, you'll need stronger medication for the holidays.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff