Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spoopy Kitten

I go through spouts of depression and have anxiety daily. I have not yet found a medication that will help without messing with my other medication or making one of my other 'issues' worse

I dont remember much of my childhood. Apparently id come home everyday crying because of bullies at school for various reasons. I started self harming at a young age, due to a medication i was on that was making my depression worse. I really dont remember any of this, but my mom has told me many sad stories. I also have PTSD which goes along wonderfully with both depression and anxiety

Somewhat off topic but i was you mentioned it in the OP, im also getting tested every few months for cancer and have had a few bad scares already
Zenbonzakura_17
Dante Rebellion Sparda
Mine's personal reasons due to RL and growing up.

What I dislike is when people fake their depression online for attention. I have anxiety and mild depression, but that was due to being verbally abused and outcasted a lot as a child. I kind of grew use to it.

Outcasted for what I liked, what activities I did as a child, etc.

I completely agree when you say people faking their depressions!
Honestly, apparently everyone in the world is depressed. It pisses me off because I dont know who to actually help.

I have actual depression but im not going to name reasons why because for all you know
I couldve just made them up, so I would be wasting my time, and you dont even know if its
true or not

one thing I do wanna say is that I do suffer from loneliness so much

I like to talk to my issues with close friends or my therapist. I have no need to post about my problems on the internet in public to strangers.

Lonesomeness is never fun.

Dangerous Millionaire

8,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Dante Rebellion Sparda
Zenbonzakura_17
Dante Rebellion Sparda
Mine's personal reasons due to RL and growing up.

What I dislike is when people fake their depression online for attention. I have anxiety and mild depression, but that was due to being verbally abused and outcasted a lot as a child. I kind of grew use to it.

Outcasted for what I liked, what activities I did as a child, etc.

I completely agree when you say people faking their depressions!
Honestly, apparently everyone in the world is depressed. It pisses me off because I dont know who to actually help.

I have actual depression but im not going to name reasons why because for all you know
I couldve just made them up, so I would be wasting my time, and you dont even know if its
true or not

one thing I do wanna say is that I do suffer from loneliness so much

I like to talk to my issues with close friends or my therapist. I have no need to post about my problems on the internet in public to strangers.

Lonesomeness is never fun.

I tend to have so many stupid problems, sometimes thats all I ever talk about
but I realize no one wants to hear it so im like whatever

and no its not, I just walked out in the dark around my area and explore the neighborhood at night....s**t was deserted, like a ghost town
My old neighborhood, people were out playing til 1am- 2am no one cared, unless its a school night, then we need out sleep

Dapper Reveler

Almost everyone, if not absolutely everyone.
Pityparty central up in hea

Tasty Treat

13,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Falling For You 25
My dad is abusive. He's hurt our cat. He's hit my mom. Kicked my brother. Attacked my sister with a belt six-twelve times. He's shoved me. Talked down to me. He wants to control every single thing. Recently, he shoved my brother into the wall and wrapped his hands around his neck, putting pressure into it and stepped on his foot. I protected my brother, and this made my father angry that he began twisting my fingers like he wanted to break them...

My boyfriend died. My grandma died. And our cat died.. I never got to say goodbye to any of them...

I've been attacked a few times, even at church when we use to go.

A guy tried to run me and my sister over and then pointed a gun at us when I flipped him off.

When we were younger, I got into a ton of fights with my brother. I don't know how many times it got physical, but I do remember the time he started yanking my hair and punching me. Wouldn't let me go..

We were robbed at knife point. The person got away because the police didn't listen to me. ..Idiots.

Whenever I visit my family, they always criticize me. I eat too much. I eat too little. They don't like my hair or the way I dress. Everything I do is wrong.

I can't go out where I want or when I want because I'm not allowed to go anywhere alone. It's difficult to be active when my brother is lazy. Because of this, I have no friends in the city.

We were home schooled all our life. There were a few years when our mother did not teach us. Because of that, we were in school longer. When we were reaching adulthood, she decided to switch us to Penn Foster so that we can get it done quicker.. It's like a GED, but easier. It felt like I had to start all over... After years of not doing work, it was hard to get into. Because of the hold up, I couldn't "begin" my life. That was very frustrating for me.. I felt like a failure. So glad that's done and over with. Although I have finally gotten a diploma, it still has wasted a lot of years.

I've been bullied. I've been stalked. I've had people say mean things. People like drama. Because I'm different, I'm an easy target.

I've almost drowned five times. There was actually a time when my father pushed me into the pool to force me to learn how to swim. I could have drowned that time, too.. Another time when I almost drowned, I had to call my father up. Instead of comforting me, glad that I was okay.. he was screaming at me and telling me how stupid I was. It made me wish I actually did die that day..

My brother went to visit our dad. They went swimming and my brother almost drowned. He told me.. I thought he told my mother. She ended up finding out because I spoke with her about it. She blamed me for not being there. Basically saying that if he drowned to death, it would have been my fault. I can't even swim.. So if I saved him, we both would have drowned. I just feel like she would rather him live than I..

I cut into my arm "Worthless" in big letters. One day, I forgot all about it. I just woke up from sleep and got out of bed. I wasn't in pain, so I didn't make sure the shirt had sleeves. I left my room with my arms showing.. and my mom called me out on it. She got so angry.. She wasn't comforting me. She started talking behind my back and criticizing me. Threatened to send me to a therapist. I was so mad at her that day.. But as time went on, I really wish she would have done it. She didn't. She did nothing..

Another time, my mother asked me what was wrong. She told me she thought it was because of the people in my life hurting me.. I started to tear up and cry. I told her how much I wanted to kill myself. That I don't want to.. but life is such a struggle and I can't be happy anymore. I feel numb inside.. because of all these years of depression. It just never goes away. I was hoping that was our breakthrough. Of course.. as the days went on, she did nothing..

I feel like nobody understands how serious this is. And I feel like the only time people will really care is when I'm finally gone. I know for a fact that it is possible for me to take my life with no hesitation. I've made plans. I know what to do. I'm not afraid of death. I've lived a life feeling lonely.. Being cheated on. Being canceled on more times than I can count. Having no friends in person. My family is distant with each other.. I have no place of comfort.. and it's eating me up inside.

Every time I try to be positive, my family steps in to bring me down with their negativity.

Tainiae's Partner

Amorous Ladykiller

I feel like LD is the worst place to put a thread like this, considering the community here (outside of established support threads). Nah man, you have a mental problem? You're fake, you're doing it for attention. It's not real. Get over yourself. rolleyes

I've had mine for about nine years, diagnosed five years ago. It's clinical depression by medical standards (other names are unipolar disorder, major depression/major depressive disorder, severe depression, etc.).

I think it's become pretty clear so far that medication doesn't work for me, but I'm trying anyway just to see if I can find one. I've cycled through ten different types already and had my diagnosis fiddled with to see if that was the problem (i.e., I was given cyclothymia at one point and bipolar II another). I've gotten a few claims that I'm not depressed at all because I smile too much, and depressives never smile. They're not allowed to. I may end up asking at my next appointment about atypical depression (yes, I know it's a subtype for MDD).

Anyway, this is a lot of useless drivel.

Dapper Reveler

I've self diagnosed myself before but I'm pretty sure i'm just crazy.

Wheezing Fatcat

i have anxiety, but i stopped taking my pills for it. i haven't felt anxious yet, which is a really good sign. i've noticed i'm grumpier than before tho, but that might be because of the summer heat. we'll see, but i'm feeling really optimistic.
I have no anxiety. I take verbal abuse and criticism for a living with both of my jobs. There really isn't anything that anyone can say that can hurt me. Words will never trigger any kind of episode for me. And it's not ignorance, it's just thick skin and the understanding that human emotions are nothing but interferences. Seriously people, get over what happened to you.
I think about suicide alot. I wouldn't consider myself depressed though, as I'm perfectly capable of feeling happiness & joy over the things I like, it's just. I see absolutely nothing for myself in the future, aside from my stupid little distractions. I'm tired of being alone & all of my options disgust me.

You though honey, some proper medication can fix you up right as rain again. You've got depression, which is totally fixable as it's just a chemical imbalance.

Lonely Saint

Chronic severe incapacitating depression w/ psychotic episodes, potential psychotic disorder, plus generalized and social anxiety, running ten years now. Been off school/work/everything since I was 16, I'm 23 now. Pills don't seem to work - I'm forever undergoing diagnostic interviews to figure out what the hell is wrong with me exactly and what needs to be medicated and with what, since nothing works. I'm on antipsychotics to not go batshit; after ten years I'm pretty much okay coping with depression if "coping" means keeping breathing, but the psychosis is a different deal altogether.

My psychologist sucks a** and I'll be able to look for therapist late this year if I'm lucky. Probably won't be lucky. I'm never lucky with treatment.

Hallowed Lunatic

I do, but I don't like to say I "suffer". That sounds so victimizing. I am a fighter, not a victim.

I battle with depression and anxiety. I have dealt with it since I was about seven or eight years old.

Anxious Friend

xChibi Cannibalx
I go through spouts of depression and have anxiety daily. I have not yet found a medication that will help without messing with my other medication or making one of my other 'issues' worse

I dont remember much of my childhood. Apparently id come home everyday crying because of bullies at school for various reasons. I started self harming at a young age, due to a medication i was on that was making my depression worse. I really dont remember any of this, but my mom has told me many sad stories. I also have PTSD which goes along wonderfully with both depression and anxiety

Somewhat off topic but i was you mentioned it in the OP, im also getting tested every few months for cancer and have had a few bad scares already

I think that I have suffered from anxiety from a young age, I was allways frightened to talk to people because they may of said nasty things and that would circle my head. I had lots of friends but I would go though times where I wouldn't speak to them. :/
I'm going to speak to a councilor for the first time hopefully she can confirm somethings because not knowing what's wrong is difficult for me.
I'd go crying a lot too, I remember somethings but sometimes you just shut the bad stuff out, it's a way of coping with it.

Both my nanna and granddad have cancer and my granddad died nearly 4 years ago. My nana is just going through her therapy now, it's terrifying. sad
I have a lot to be sad about and you know that hungover feeling you get when low, caner patients get that too.

Shirtless Strawberry

14,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Partygoer 500
I suffer from depression time to time, due to post traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, and dealing with a congenital illness. Also, I have to deal with extreme anxiety enough to spark random panic attacks, but again that it because of suffering from PTSD. I've dealt with both since childhood but I've been seeing a therapist to help through these problems.

Anxious Friend

klebold5
I have no anxiety. I take verbal abuse and criticism for a living with both of my jobs. There really isn't anything that anyone can say that can hurt me. Words will never trigger any kind of episode for me. And it's not ignorance, it's just thick skin and the understanding that human emotions are nothing but interferences. Seriously people, get over what happened to you.

It's not something you can just get over, I work in retail (which if you know it's the WORST place to work over summer) and unlike you... well here is a good way to describe it, some people have thick skin but I'm more like an old bathroom sponge I absorb everything that touches me. I have a chemical imbalance in my brain and not all medication can work sometimes is works a miracle and I feel great but other times it doesn't and I can go though rough episodes of depression.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff