if you can't, buy me butter and eggs cause i wanna make banana bread

I love banana bread emotion_drool

:c i want some so badly

but the ingredients keeps going away
LilPinkCandy
The Ice Dervish
LilPinkCandy
The Ice Dervish
Parents should owe their kids a way to make a living out of high school, you're doing your kid a huge disservice if you just dump them out on the street at eighteen expecting them to make it with a high school education. If parents can't pay for college they should pay for something like a trade school, anything to give their kid something other than a ******** high school diploma.

My parents couldn't pay for either. Everything was in student loans for me. I think if parents could then they should want to though. I was lucky just to be able to stay in private school for my senior year. ...

I understand not being able to pay, but at the very least parents shouldn't kick their kids out at eighteen. At least allow them to live there a bit longer to figure out how they're going to not die out there. Having kids and then just saying ******** you and kicking them out forever at eighteen is just messed up, an eighteen year old straight out of high school can't support themselves. This isn't 50 years ago when that was possible, it's now 2014 and minimum wage wont cut it.

That sucks though, sorry. Most of my college is in student loans too, but my mom is helping me pay quite a bit of it off.

Most don't, at least not anymore. The age of leaving is increasing...

I know, was merely repeating my main point. I think parents who do that are shitty people who aren't grounded in reality.

Witty Raider

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
My parents did it because they wanted to. they only paid half ,and actually I paid the other half pretty fair biggrin didn't fail any of my classes so yay me !

Bunny

ⓜⓘⓛⓚⓞⓢ
                      Once you're 18 you're an adult and that is where you start fending for yourself. If you want to go to college, then it's you're obligation to pay for it. If your parents don't want to contribute to your college education, that's their choice. While some parents of course like to chip in, giving as much as they could give, they don't necessarily have to.

I think that since you have to use their income in order to get financial aid, then they should be supporing you to the best of their abilities. I know a kid whose dad makes a million a year and refuses to pay for his son's college because he is too busy spending it on girlfriends....which sucks because his son is forced to put his dad's income on FAFSA still so he gets 0 financial aid. So this kid has to work 3 jobs to pay for college and as a result gets mediocre grades, where as other kids whose parents are too poor to pay for college get a free ride and/or can pay for college with a part time job.

So yeah...your parents should to the best of their ability not because its their obligation, but because the financial aid system is ******** stupid and if your parent's don't support you but make money you get completely screwed.

But luckily my mom helps pay for my college...but trust me I am going to pay her back 10 fold when I have a career. I am so grateful I will make this up to her. Also my dad contributes jack s**t to my college....so is it then fair for one parent to be paying for college but not the other? No, its not. I feel like my dad should contribute if my mom is sacrificing so much to be able to. But thats fine if he doesn't want to them I won't complain but then I don't owe him anything.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
With this specific case, I'm wondering if there's more to the story. Like, maybe the grandparents sent them money over the years to pay for her college, and they ended up spending it on something else? Or maybe there was some kind of deal in the divorce where they had to pay for college?

Anyway, college is expensive as ******** and not always necessary. I don't think parents should be forced to pay for college unless there's like, a very special circumstance. (such as if the kid had a fund that was supposed to be for college or whatever but got spent on something else)

Demonic Lunatic

HELL NO!!! I don't come from a privileged background, but I have rich friends that had their schooling paid for (multiple times) and dropped out (multiple times). Their parents might as well have burned the money ... what a waste ...

Life owes no one anything.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Well, I think parents should try to pay or at least help in anyway possible. Its part of being a parent, but I dont think it should be forced like what that spoil brat is doing.
Parents should not be entitled to pay for your next step in education. They have enough to worry about already. Raising children, stress of their own careers, possibility of lay-off, growing old and the inevitable problems that come with it. We, as young adults, needs to be responsible for ourselves. In saving our own money for higher education we build character and personal responsibility.
Another important side to this is, say your parents do pay for your college? What would be the responsibility factor on your end if your fail your courses? Should you then have to pay your parents back? I think so.
To put the blame of our own success and failure on our parents is immature. It doesn't matter what has happened in the past or what your personal obstacles are. What matters is what you do about it. What you have control over in your life. That is, yourself.

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
When I first heard about this story I laughed. You're an adult you should figure it out yourself, but obviously with their family issues it goes beyond just paying for college.

Wicked Sweetheart

My mom spent my college savings on a new pair of tits.
Shark Bacon
Lol no, right?

Wrong.

can you even believe this s**t?

Wait, so you have enough money to hire a lawyer, but can't pay for college?

Hahaha, anyway, my parents were so poor, it would have been a total joke for me to try to sue them.

So, where do you stand? Do your parents OWE you college?

My parent's don't owe me nothing. You can still go to college later in life once you have the money, it is how it is. It may be questionable why a wealthy family would not finance someone's college, but at the end of the day it comes down how you live your life.

Dapper Gawker

8,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
SamaSenseiSenpai
It's called student loans. You may end up paying $60/month for the next 20 years, but it sure beats working at McDonalds or Walmart.

(scratch that, you'll probably be paying the rest of your life. but still)

60 a month?

s**t where did you get your loans. My minimum is (like) 350 every month. In-state tuition, and I had grants and things too.

My boyfriend was on a full room and board scholarship too and he's at like 300 a month.

s**t man.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces