Welcome to Gaia! ::

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • Battle: Defender 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
hills14
I don't believe in ghosts, and things like that. And, I will continue not to unless I have solid proof.

Yeh, I understand. I need to see to believe too, but the thing with me though, is that I see them. And I'm not the only one to see them either. I've had many people point them out too, which makes me feel less crazy sweatdrop

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kira Yamuchiro
There are many theories as to exactly "what" these people are... some notable theories:

Alter-Dimensional beings, we could be seen as shadows in their dimension as well.

Demons, who feed on fear, anger, loathing, and torment us for their own pleasure.

Spirits, wandering souls who are restless, and simply yearn to be around life.

Ghosts, dense yet not powerful enough to form a full apparition.

I tend to think that they are from another dimension... a dimensional "hiccup" so to speak, but it does seem a bit too random for this to be the case... the only other thought is that these are spirits of people who have passed who haven't accepted their own death, or who are being punished by some means, by being forced to remain as a shadow figure...

The shadows that have physical mass, however, are very powerful spirits, who feed off negative energy, and while they SHOULD be feared, you must not fear them. The only way to stand up to them, because they react to violence towards them as well, is to be calm, stern and strong willed. Make it clear you are not afraid of them, and they are not welcome in your space. If they get violent, I would suggest getting an exorcism performed, or a ritual cleansing of the area.

Yes, those are some of the most accepted theories, since they make the most sense. I myself think that they are alter-dimensional beings, but I'm also thinking they are perhaps demons. I I say demons, I'm not meaning it by Christianity means, but by the old term, with was used to describe a powerful spirit. I don't really think that they are ghosts, because of the way they interact with humans. They seem very curious, as if they weren't one of us at one point. They seem to choose to be in the area, and they like to interfere with us, study us if you will. I don't really understand why they get violent exactly. They seem to just choose a time to do so as well. When I'm sick or hurt, they actually seem to leave me alone more, which is odd, since I'd be more vulnerable to being afraid of them.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Safe Seth
Are you sure they aren't just shadows? I mean "gliding" along a wall seems like a shadow to me

Not when there's absolutely nothing to cause the gliding. Plus they don't always appear on walls or floors. The ones I see are 3-D- ish and seem to cast a shadow on thin air.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Alexander Vandala
Good Evening.

Sorry but I've never seen any. But I know better then to dismiss these things as fictional.

Have you ever tried to contact them or summon them on your own accord akunekonoshi?

Lol, no, I find seeing them a nuisance in itself. I can't get rid of them and I'd rather take my time to try and communicate with them. They aren't exactly the most pleasant of .... things? sweatdrop

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
A Morbid Optomist
Are most of these evil? Cause I get freaked out by stuff like this.
Just want to nkow what to expect.
thanks.
:3

To say they are evil would be the same as grouping all humans as being evil. ^-^ It's not so simple.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Austa
This is some interesting stuff. Those things seem really creepy... eek

Yeah, but I wanted to know, for those of you who know about them or have had experiences with them, how they act out violence? Do they somehow physically attack a person or throw stuff?

Also, what if you saw one right in front of you...and were like "boo!" or you yelled at them? Would they react by actually doing something or would they just go away? ....just curious ...

Pushing you down stairs, going through you (which makes me go blind Oo), throwing stuff, they can intimidate you by raising the feelings of doom/despair in area. They also can intimidate you by standing over your bed at night (not when your tired or half-asleep though) or hovering over you. Though these are just my experiences.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Loveless_Edo
Never encountered a "Shadow Person" are their energies able to be read like spirit energy?

Yes, but they don't feel the same, since they give off the vibe that they've never been alive like ghosts do.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Kira Yamuchiro
Aurrie Beaues
Seen something similar once...

Yee-ons ago, when I was little...

Just shrugged it off, really.

Know what it makes me think of? Anyone ever read Dean Koontz's Odd Thomas books? They remind me of the 'Bodachs' ... Heheheh. They are interesting... More canine, though, not like a human sillhouette.

@_@ Sorry, not trying to be an a** or anything, but that is really what they make me think of...

Well another interesting fact, some shadow people take the form of black cats, but just shadow cats. Some people reported hearing "meowing" in their house, when they've never had an animal... and seeing a blackish cat figure running around just out of sight

Wow, I forgot to mention that. Thank you! Yes, my guy friend has a shadow cat at his mothers house. I also heard the sound of meowing a few times, of which was impossible considering the situations. Another note, shadow people -do- give off orbs. It's sort of odd.

Steadfast Protector

7,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
Aeneas Noricus
Interesting... though it sounds very close to the idea of the moth man.

Lol, how's it sound like the moth man?
I usually see those things when I'm walking outside at night.
Like just after sunset but before it gets dark.
When the sky gets that electric blue color and all the trees and stuff become sillouhettes.
Yah that's when I usually see them, and that's why I usually keep my eyes down.
They always seem to come to close, like so that they're "mouth" is right next to my ear, or I'll see them leaning again lamp posts.
I usually see them hanging around man made objects, but sometimes I see some in foresty places, those seem to be a different type though.
I try not to make eye contact with them though because I don't want them to follow me into my home.
akunekonoshi, add me as a friend so we can talk about this via PM.
ive never heard of this b4 and now that u mention i dont think ur crazy
sounds interesting.

Reminds me of the Mothman Prophecies.
Wow i had no idea other people had seen this stuff, heres something i have copied and pasted from one of my previous posts in a topic about the paranormal. Yeah its true. I have seen this stuff before too.

' Well when I was a kid I’d say about 5 maybe older? When I got sick or just felt a little ill I would go and sleep in my mums room and in the middle of the night sometimes I would wake up and see the shadow of a man and a woman on the wall. The shadows came through the open bedroom door from the hallway and onto the wall. The man and woman seemed very wealthy. The man wore a suit and a top hat and the woman an old fashioned style hat with a feather, they were at a party it seemed and were laughing really loud and talking but I couldn't work out what they were saying they were also drinking alcohol from a wine glass.

For some reason as a child this didn't seem to bother me at all, one night I did decide to wake up my mum and show her. As soon as I did they disappeared.

Eventually I stopped seeing these things and years later (say when I was about 13) I brought up the subject that I always used to have these weird 'dreams' in mums room about the shadow of a man and a woman on the wall. It was only then that my brother revealed he had the exact same experience too. I asked what were they wearing?, where were they etc. His answers were IDENTICALL to what I had seen. So yeah Freaky.'

There are differences between my experiences compared to others on here because these shadows didn't seem scary? And they were communicating with each other, though i couldn't work out what was actually said.
I remember seeing a shasow person, at least i think it was a shadow person.
It was right after my grandpa died.
I was just over 11 years old, and my grandma was all alone in her house, other then her 3 dogs and the cat.
So i was staying with her for a weekend. while she was running erends, i was watching tv in the living room, during the day mind you, i got thirsty so i went into the kitchen to get some lemonaid.
Well the far back wall of the hall way/kitchen is tield in mirrors, that connect from the celing to the floor. So i was going about making my self a glass of lemonaid, and out of the cornen of my eye i saw this tall dark figuer standing there. So i turned and look and it stood thier a sec then just dissapperad. Then i freaked out grabed both dogs, who hackiels were up, and ran out into the front yard, where i stayed untill my grandma came home.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff