Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blitzkrieg Beauty
The Morality and Religion Forum

You'll probably be able to ask some people about their religions, and practices there.
That would be extremely helpful...Thanks again, I probably would have never found that forum... sweatdrop
Kami_Blood_Red
FlyingSnow
Kami_Blood_Red
hmmmm...I converted to buddhism four years ago, I was born a catholic but I felt it wasnt right for me...and like you I researched them...but it didnt help...SO I tried them out...looked for poeple who really knew about them, culturally and spirtually...and it helped alot in my decision ^_^
Would you mind telling me a bit about Buddhism? You can just tell me some things in general and if i have any questions I'll ask.

Hmmm WEll I tell you as much as I know, There so much to learn just from the world itself ^_^ YOu knwo about teh eight fold path Im sure right?
sweatdrop No...should I?
FlyingSnow
Blitzkrieg Beauty
The Morality and Religion Forum

You'll probably be able to ask some people about their religions, and practices there.
That would be extremely helpful...Thanks again, I probably would have never found that forum... sweatdrop
Any time.

I knew there was one around here somewhere, but had to look for it.
FlyingSnow
Kami_Blood_Red
FlyingSnow
Kami_Blood_Red
hmmmm...I converted to buddhism four years ago, I was born a catholic but I felt it wasnt right for me...and like you I researched them...but it didnt help...SO I tried them out...looked for poeple who really knew about them, culturally and spirtually...and it helped alot in my decision ^_^
Would you mind telling me a bit about Buddhism? You can just tell me some things in general and if i have any questions I'll ask.

Hmmm WEll I tell you as much as I know, There so much to learn just from the world itself ^_^ YOu knwo about teh eight fold path Im sure right?
sweatdrop No...should I?

Between that and Energy its the funbdamental of buddhism. Everything revolves around want....but to reach nirvana you must follow the path of the eight fold, learn to live without want
Kami_Blood_Red
FlyingSnow
Kami_Blood_Red
FlyingSnow
Kami_Blood_Red

sweatdrop No...should I?

Between that and Energy its the funbdamental of buddhism. Everything revolves around want....but to reach nirvana you must follow the path of the eight fold, learn to live without want
Interesting...I actually kind of like that.
Yeah ...here it goes...
1.right of view
2.right intention
these create wisdom
3.right speech
4.right action
5.right livelehood
these create right conduct...to achieve you must master wisdom
6.right effort
5.right mindfullness
8.right concentration
achieve mental develpoemnt....combined with mastrey wisdom and conduct you achieve spiritual nirvana
The eightfold pathe though is ponly fully comlplete with the four noble truths!
1.Life means suffering
2.the orgin of suffering is attachment
3.the cessation of attachment is atainable
4.the path to the cessation of suffering- the eightfold pathe!
Kami_Blood_Red
The eightfold pathe though is ponly fully comlplete with the four noble truths!
1.Life means suffering
2.the orgin of suffering is attachment
3.the cessation of attachment is atainable
4.the path to the cessation of suffering- the eightfold pathe!
Interesting...Hey, I'll be back in a minute, I have to go eat my dinner.
the Eightfold Path. It is the middle way between the two extremes of excessive self-indulgence ) and excessive self-mortification and it leads to the end of the cycle of rebirth. The latter quality discerns it from other paths which are merely "wandering on the wheel of becoming", because these do not have a final object. The path to the end of suffering can extend over many lifetimes, throughout which every individual rebirth is subject to karmic conditioning. Craving, ignorance, delusions, and its effects will disappear gradually, as progress is made on the path

Hence why are symbol of buddhism is a wheel with eight spokes on it ^_^
Kami_Blood_Red
the Eightfold Path. It is the middle way between the two extremes of excessive self-indulgence ) and excessive self-mortification and it leads to the end of the cycle of rebirth. The latter quality discerns it from other paths which are merely "wandering on the wheel of becoming", because these do not have a final object. The path to the end of suffering can extend over many lifetimes, throughout which every individual rebirth is subject to karmic conditioning. Craving, ignorance, delusions, and its effects will disappear gradually, as progress is made on the path

Well, I have always believe in rebirth, for some reason...I don't really know why actually...
FlyingSnow
Kami_Blood_Red

Well, I have always believe in rebirth, for some reason...I don't really know why actually...

i know ...
i always believed there must of been something more then just life after death..
There are so many thigns that you can take out of buddhism to fit daily life ^_^ It doesnt need tobe your religion...but it cane be a philisophical way to look on life ^_^
Kami_Blood_Red
There are so many thigns that you can take out of buddhism to fit daily life ^_^ It doesnt need tobe your religion...but it cane be a philisophical way to look on life ^_^
It does sound like something I would enjoy, of course I still have to look into it before I commit, but thanks for helping me out so much. By the way, would you like to be my friend? When I run across people I can get along with or who are nice people I like to become friends with them.
If you ever wanted to consider taking buddhism as a philosphy all you would have to really understand was this:
The greatest achievement is selflessness.
The greatest worth is self-mastery.
The greatest quality is seeking to serve others.
The greatest precept is continual awareness.
The greatest medicine is the emptiness of everything.
The greatest action is not conforming with the worlds ways.
The greatest magic is transmuting the passions.
The greatest generosity is non-attachment.
The greatest goodness is a peaceful mind.
The greatest patience is humility.
The greatest effort is not concerned with results.
The greatest meditation is a mind that lets go.
The greatest wisdom is seeing through appearances.

Of course learning the mantras is always a good thing too, And Im glad I couldv'e been an insight to what you can look for on your spiritual quest! I wish you the best and if you ever need any with ohter religions... I know many ^_^ Pe@ce
~KAMI~
I would be honoured to be friends with you ^_^ *accepts* and heres alink to a really good buddhist site...in ncase you have more questions ^_^ Webpage Titlehttp://www.thebigview.com/contents.html

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff