Welcome to Gaia! ::

I get constant headaches.
Pretty much everyday.
It's not from lack of nutrition or lack of caffiene [though I heard caffiene helps sometimes].
Sometimes they're so bad I can't sleep.

Also any advice for terrible stomach cramps?
Mrs Tress
Pretty much everyday.
It's not from lack of nutrition or lack of caffiene [though I heard caffiene helps sometimes].

A good remedy that I often recommend for headaches caused a form of sickness is to put a cool cloth on the head as well as lighting scented candles and sleeping with a sprig of lavender tucked into your pillow. Calming scents can help you relax and also release serotonin in the brain. But, in your case, I believe that your headaches are more stress related. Simply do to the fact that you get them all the time. The remedies I just listed may help but I think it is more important for you to de-stress. Staying hydrated is important as well (and cut down on caffine, which de-hydrates you). Also make sure that no matter what, you take a day or so just for yourself. Take a long bath, with lots of calming scents, weather you're a girl or a boy, taking time to rela is essential if your headaches are stress related.
Also, it's been proven in numerous studies that having an orgasm will relieve headache pain wink

As for stomach cramps, I used to get such terrible ones that I couldn't even sleep at night. Putting a hot water bottle or a warmed satchet of rice on your stomach may help to relieve some pain.
(to make a rice satchet, put uncooked rice into a sock, tie off the end securly, and microwave for 3-5 minutes until warm. Place on affected area)

Stomach cramps could be caused by the following.

1) Indigestion - If you believe your cramps are caue by indigestion, you need to eat healthier. More fibre and water and less grease and junk. Another similer problem may be a gastric upset due to the acidity in your stomach. Eating plain soda crackers with tea may help the problem. Drinking ginger tea may also help, I make my own by boilng a pot of water with my fav type of tea (I use orange pekoe) adding 1-2 tsp of lemon juice and a chunk of raw ginger root. Steep for 10 or so minutes, then remove the ginger root, and drink. Eat with soda crackers.

2) Gas - you need to fart or burp. It could also be caused by constipation, in which case taking a warm bath may help.

3) Ovulation (girls only) - If you're a girl, the pain may be caused by ovulation, which can happen even when not on your period. Taking birth control will pretty much eliminate the problem.
I have trouble sleeping. It's not so bad that I'd need sleeping pills, but it's often an inconvenience.
My mother suggested working out before I go to bed, as well as drinking some warm milk.
Unfortunately, working out makes me energetic and warm milk makes me feel sick.
Any suggestions that may help soothe me/help me sleep?
Also, because I get a lack of sleep, my eyes often get sore while I'm at school. Do you know of any remedies that may prevent my eyes from getting like this?

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
iwroteholdencaulfield
kage no neko
Lady Tam Li Hua
Eh, every time I've tried a "natural" remedy, it just ended up making me feel worse.

For instance, I tried naturally-made ginger tea once for nausea. Didn't help at all. The Pepto did, however.
Not to say that natural things always work, but for some reason ginger does seem to help with nausea. Apparently it's why they tell people who aren't feeling well to drink some ginger ale. Also why ginger is recommended for morning sickness, though it doesn't work for all ladies.

Edit: Crap. I think I worded that poorly. I was meaning that while it may not ALWAYS work, it does help for some people.

Everyone is different. For instance, when I broke my leg, the doctor gave me laughing gas to lessen the pain. It helps for most people, but it most cetainly didnt help for me. Some things just simply don't work on some people, though they may work for others.
I recommend natural remedies for reasons of ethical, economical, and health reasons, which I previously listed in this thread. But natural remedies don't work for everyone. You have to try several differnt methods and then use the tried and true one that works for your unique body.
Like after having my wisdom teeth out, they gave me vicodin. It usually helps relieve the pain.. For me, it made me puke uncontrollably. Had to get two shots to make me stop puking. xd
So in that, natural methods aren't much different from the fancy doctor methods. Both can either work, not work at all, or discover you're randomly allergic to it! Lol.
I didn't think that home remedies counted as mother ******** witch craft.
I use some home remedies for stomach pain, but that's about it.

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
-muffin-bunni-
I have trouble sleeping. It's not so bad that I'd need sleeping pills, but it's often an inconvenience.
My mother suggested working out before I go to bed, as well as drinking some warm milk.
Unfortunately, working out makes me energetic and warm milk makes me feel sick.
Any suggestions that may help soothe me/help me sleep?
Also, because I get a lack of sleep, my eyes often get sore while I'm at school. Do you know of any remedies that may prevent my eyes from getting like this?
Yes, don't work out before trying to sleep. It might make you feel tired, but it gets you too wound up. Instead of warm milk, how about a warm bath? Anything that helps calm your body down and make you feel relaxed like that.
Do you know what the problem is that's keeping you up? Anything you notice while laying there unable to sleep? Exercise might help if you just have too much energy leftover, but you'd have to do it earlier in the day, not right before bed.

Dapper Millionaire

7,350 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
jeez now I gotta get rid of my proactive but it tears my skin so I don't think it's that great anywyas
iwroteholdencaulfield
Anubis Angel
I have chronic sinus problems and asthma/RAD. I find that when I start coughing, chewing a stick of strong peppermint/spearmint gum will drastically lessen the cough (and sometimes wipe it out).

Also for some reason, I've chewed some mint gum and after it's lost a little bit of the flavor (but it's still somewhat minty) and put it on small, fresh cuts to take the pain away. No clue why this works, maybe it's just my brain playing tricks sweatdrop

peppermint or any robust flavor, such as mustard, hot sauce and garlic, all help to clear sinuses.

As for the affect it has on cuts, peppermint does have some natural anti-bacterial purposes, but not as much as other things. Also, peppermint gum, which has been in your mouth, probably isnt the most sanitary thing to use. I'd recommend witch hazel instead. It would work much better.

I like peppermint a bit better than those other things if I'm chewing it as gum... sweatdrop

Wow, I didn't know it was anti-bacterial! And... I only tested that out when I was very young. I'd much rather have some pain-reducing neosporin and a band-aid.

I have heard about witch hazel, though. When our robo dwarf hamster had mange, we read that witch hazel could help her with eradicating the mites. She died before we could test it out, though.

Have you ever heard of something called the thieves' blend of oils?

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Signature Look 250
User Image
Are there any natural remedies for headaches? lol. I have a phobia of taking pills, so my headaches will stay for a looooooong time. ^^;;
User Image
iwroteholdencaulfield
Annnd finally, if your a girl, and the acne is very terrible, you can go on birth control pills which have the added benifit of reducing acne.

No, the pill (and it will depend on which pill) will have this effect for some girls. It's not a cure-all.

2,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I heal with honey, lavender and my oil burner.

If it's anything drastic then yes I go to the doctor. But even cuts I just treat with honey and some tea tree oil.

2,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Mrs Tress
Pretty much everyday.

Ginger for your tummy, settles it. Also try getting a lavender seed bag. You basically put seeds and the flowers in a cloth bag, secure it and microwave it. Pop on where it hurts.

Drink more water, might be the cause of both problems.

Relax your neck and change your pillows, neck problems can be seen as a 'headache'. Lavender baths (or showers) are heaven.
Lupanaria
Mrs Tress
Pretty much everyday.

Ginger for your tummy, settles it. Also try getting a lavender seed bag. You basically put seeds and the flowers in a cloth bag, secure it and microwave it. Pop on where it hurts.

Drink more water, might be the cause of both problems.

Relax your neck and change your pillows, neck problems can be seen as a 'headache'. Lavender baths (or showers) are heaven.

Thank you both of you!

I appreciate your help. I will try these tips.

It's not a water deficiency. That's all I drink is water and occasionally tea.
Peppers have more vitamin C than citrus fruits. 3nodding

Eating tomatoes daily can help prevent sunburn due to the high amount of lycopene. It may also help with cancer prevention.
Ginger is pretty much my everything, but it tastes awful in large quantities.

Now, I just need to find a way to help with my airways...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff