Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Bookworm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since it has to be your own picture, you want to make it nice a juicy looking.
Take a picture of freshly boiled corn in the sunlight to make it look delicious.
Then follow raggedy grrl's advice on making it fat. emotion_dowant

Borg

Skataforeva

Can you tell me how you did this? Like what size brush and stuff?

I'm in CS5, so some of the stuff might be a little different if you're using the latest...but I don't think it will be that different.

• I started with a high resolution picture so changes I made wouldn't be as obvious as if I started with a small picture (fewer pixels to stretch, so it starts being an obvious shoop). This pic was around 3500x2500.

• I put moved the image to its own layer, and then I stripped out the background with the Magic Wand tool set to to 3% tolerance (the background was pretty much solid color), anti-aliasing on, and contiguous and sample all layers off.

• I opened up Liquify and set my brush size to 1500...remember, I started with a very large image. In general, I'd think something roughly half the width of your image size would be good to start. Brush density was around 80 for my first pass, pressure at 50, and Show Backdrop was off.

• I alternated between three tools...Forward warp, pucker, and bloat.

Rather than focusing on making the middle fat first, I made the ends smaller with pucker (starting from the tip and going in), touching up any directional shifts with warp. I just used taps for maximum control over the effect. If you try to drag the cursor around, you're going to make a mess in no time. Remember corn cobs tend to get tiny kernels at the ends...that's the effect I was sort of going for.

Once I had the ends looking fairly good, I dropped the size of my brush in half, dropped my density to 13, and then I used bloat on the innermost portion of the center of the cob, just a tap at a time, gradually working it larger and outwards. Without the density shift, I found it was too aggressive.

• After that, I just worked over it a couple of times until it sort of resembled the shape in your initial pic, then I bumped up the constrast and saturation to emphasize the shadows.

• I thought corn cob handles would set it off, so I added a layer and put those in using some catalog pic. I altered the color a bit and added some mild shading, and made them a little shorter and fatter so they fit the cob better.

• Finally, I added the shadow on the cob, then resized it so I could upload it to my Tinypic, and saved it as a 24-bit PNG.

The whole thing was very quick, but it was just a demo. Does that help?
Raven Winter
You make the most unique topics every time.

He's probably my favourite poster?
raggedy grrl
Skataforeva

Can you tell me how you did this? Like what size brush and stuff?

I'm in CS5, so some of the stuff might be a little different if you're using the latest...but I don't think it will be that different.

• I started with a high resolution picture so changes I made wouldn't be as obvious as if I started with a small picture (fewer pixels to stretch, so it starts being an obvious shoop). This pic was around 3500x2500.

• I put moved the image to its own layer, and then I stripped out the background with the Magic Wand tool set to to 3% tolerance (the background was pretty much solid color), anti-aliasing on, and contiguous and sample all layers off.

• I opened up Liquify and set my brush size to 1500...remember, I started with a very large image. In general, I'd think something roughly half the width of your image size would be good to start. Brush density was around 80 for my first pass, pressure at 50, and Show Backdrop was off.

• I alternated between three tools...Forward warp, pucker, and bloat.

Rather than focusing on making the middle fat first, I made the ends smaller with pucker (starting from the tip and going in), touching up any directional shifts with warp. I just used taps for maximum control over the effect. If you try to drag the cursor around, you're going to make a mess in no time. Remember corn cobs tend to get tiny kernels at the ends...that's the effect I was sort of going for.

Once I had the ends looking fairly good, I dropped the size of my brush in half, dropped my density to 13, and then I used bloat on the innermost portion of the center of the cob, just a tap at a time, gradually working it larger and outwards. Without the density shift, I found it was too aggressive.

• After that, I just worked over it a couple of times until it sort of resembled the shape in your initial pic, then I bumped up the constrast and saturation to emphasize the shadows.

• I thought corn cob handles would set it off, so I added a layer and put those in using some catalog pic. I altered the color a bit and added some mild shading, and made them a little shorter and fatter so they fit the cob better.

• Finally, I added the shadow on the cob, then resized it so I could upload it to my Tinypic, and saved it as a 24-bit PNG.

The whole thing was very quick, but it was just a demo. Does that help?

Yes, thank you!
Stephnananana

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Since it has to be your own picture, you want to make it nice a juicy looking.
Take a picture of freshly boiled corn in the sunlight to make it look delicious.
Then follow raggedy grrl's advice on making it fat. emotion_dowant

Good advice, thank you.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Skataforeva
Roy Cura
Just poop in your pants before class starts, and you’ll have an excuse to skip class. You’ve done that before, haven’t you?

Yep, but I didn't tell the teacher, I just sat in his class with poop filled pants.

I think you're... emotion_dealwithit
... full of s**t.

Borg

Raven Winter
Skataforeva
Roy Cura
Just poop in your pants before class starts, and you’ll have an excuse to skip class. You’ve done that before, haven’t you?

Yep, but I didn't tell the teacher, I just sat in his class with poop filled pants.

I think you're... emotion_dealwithit
... full of s**t.

Not after that...

pirate

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
man... you know that feeling when you're doing something in photoshop or illustrator and it's taking forever and you just can't help thinking that there's probably a faster way of doing it? I am having one of those moments right now.

Consumer

Valtiel the Watcher
man... you know that feeling when you're doing something in photoshop or illustrator and it's taking forever and you just can't help thinking that there's probably a faster way of doing it? I am having one of those moments right now.

that avi is gonna give me nightmares... eek

Aged Girl

Real corn is round and has volume.
That corn has lines that are straight across. They need to be curved to show roundness.
Valtiel the Watcher

Everyday... I did a content map with making the connected lines out of rounded rectangles. I use the direct selection tool to delete half of the square so i can have a rounded line. Takes forever and I imagine there's a much faster, easier way.
10/10 Topic.

Also maybe try seeing if the corn wants a snack before you take a picture of it? That way it'll be extra obese ahead of time!

Dapper Conversationalist

Is it true that American teens are denigrating themselves and their peer...

Do they realise how much they are shooting themselves in the foot?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff