Welcome to Gaia! ::

Satisfactory?

Satisfactory. 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 3 ]
Unsatisfactory. 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]
1 2 >

Adorable Fisher

Has anyone ever not done their job to your satisfaction as a customer or fellow employee? How did you react? What was the situation? What do you suspect was the reason for it if you don't know why? Have you ever not done your job to satisfaction, and why? Were people upset? How did it make you feel?

Today I was supposed to do last minute travel preparations with this lady who helps me from the medical company who runs my care (I am disabled and now in a wheelchair). She never showed up. I called her fifty billion times, leaving fifty billion messages like "where are you o.o". I didn't bother to call her company because I'd had enough. She's done similar three times, such as last week she didn't show when she was supposed to take me to an important blood test which I had fasted and taken a special medication for. Goddamn incompetent shits.

Btw, Happy Halloween. Sorry to make you use your brain on such a day.
MarigoldMari
Has anyone ever not done their job to your satisfaction as a customer or fellow employee? How did you react? What was the situation? What do you suspect was the reason for it if you don't know why? Have you ever not done your job to satisfaction, and why? Were people upset? How did it make you feel?

Today I was supposed to do last minute travel preparations with this lady who helps me from the medical company who runs my care (I am disabled and now in a wheelchair). She never showed up. I called her fifty billion times, leaving fifty billion messages like "where are you o.o". I didn't bother to call her company because I'd had enough. She's done similar three times, such as last week she didn't show when she was supposed to take me to an important blood test which I had fasted and taken a special medication for. Goddamn incompetent shits.

Btw, Happy Halloween. Sorry to make you use your brain on such a day.

Hey, I am sorry this is happening. I wonder if something came up. You need to call her employer.

3 times? Did you discuss this with her? Let her know that her aid is really needed? Maybe she feels you're independent enough to do things on your own. But you still need to contact her employer. I hope you are not a difficult person to work with. That may have caused this backlash. You keep yelling "IT IS HER JOB!" Well she is not your slave.

I hope this is not bad on either on your parts because communication is key in all relationship types.

Has anyone ever not done their job to your satisfaction as a customer or fellow employee?

Of course, but that is my feelings and that is not my business.

How did you react?

I continued doing my job. Again, it is not my business what my co-workers do.

What was the situation?

I worked at TSA and many people did not like giving pat downs. I do have a large personal bubble but this is the position I was hired for. I did over 100 pat downs in a day because no one else wanted to do them. But many people have metal in their bodies or the under wire in the bra alarmed the system. I did my job like I was hired to do.

What do you suspect was the reason for it if you don't know why?

I assumed they did not like touching people. Again, I was new so the more I did the better I got and the faster I got at it. It was only a horrible experience if the person would think they are above this system and complained the whole time.

Have you ever not done your job to satisfaction, and why?

Oh course I have had moments that I did not do a good job, but you have people complaining at you all day while working at TSA. Constant bickering, I had to endure. Many people I just wanted to jump over the x-ray machine and give them a good beating. "MY RIGHTS ARE BEING VIOLATED" at first I would ignore it and say "Talk to your state representative?" and they would still complain.

After being with the company for awhile, I would say "Just leave America than" and end the conversation their.

Were people upset?

I assume the passengers where, but the golden rule is "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Second, I am not responsible for anyone's emotions but my own. If they have a problem with me, that is not my issue it is theirs.

How did it make you feel?

Depends on the day...

Versatile Vampire

If I'm not satisfied with something I speak up.
It isn't my job to be happy with it, it's their job to do something I can be happy with.
People are assholes, sorry that happened to you.

It's okay, I'm never using my brain anyway.

Loiterer

Kedaj

I worked at TSA and many people did not like giving pant downs. I do have a large personal bubble but this is the position I was hired for. I did over 100 pant downs in a day because no one else wanted to do them. But many people have mental in their bodies or the under wire in the bra alarmed the system. I did my job like I was hired to do.

... They're called "Pat downs"....

OP: Absolutely nothing's going to change if you don't call the company directly.
Bornes

... They're called "Pat downs"....

OP: Absolutely nothing's going to change if you don't call the company directly.

I have no idea where that "N" came in. You are correct. They are called "Pat downs"
Odinochka

No offense to you as a person, but the TSA is a horrible agency that is ineffective and a waste of tax payer money.

I've admittedly gotten bitchy towards TSA officers if they do something exceptionally stupid, which happens frequently, because a lot don't have a lot of common sense to begin with. These are the people we trust to protect our planes LOLOLOLOL

You forget that they are humans though. People make mistakes. It is like they put on the uniform and they are considered now a new sub-species. I quit that job because of stupid things that happened daily.

Oh my favorite, "I am going to hide something in my pocket and see if the TSA lady will find it." And when I find it. They would say, "I am just making sure you're doing your job correctly!"

Why thank you great citizen.

Not to mention my daily crazy person just to wrap my 10-hour shift. Let me see, one time a woman came back yelling at the checkpoint, "THEY STOLE MY SHOES!"

We spent about 5 minutes looking for this woman shoes just to find out she never even had any when she walked through TSA. She continued to complain and yell until my supervisor pulled her to the side. We rewinded the cameras and saw she was barefooted when she came though. Her reaction? "Oh, okay" and walked away. After making a huge scene.

That job made me realize that I would never work costumer services again. I travel a lot, and I never have problems with any countries security at the airport or in America. I never alarm the systems. I never get pat downs. I never get bag checks either. I never have any problems. People are stupid.
That's annoying.

The other week I arranged to meet with a prof at 11 and she didn't show up until 12:30.

I hate when I'm doing group projects with people and they do nothing so I have to do twice as much for the sake of my grade.

I'm sure I've had days where I'm exhausted and can't keep up with life enough to do my job well. I do my best though!
Has anyone ever not done their job to your satisfaction as a customer or fellow employee?

It happens everywhere, so yes.

How did you react? What was the situation? What do you suspect was the reason for it if you don't know why? Have you ever not done your job to satisfaction, and why? Were people upset? How did it make you feel?

I was a content writer for a marketing firm. The incentive structure essentially pitted account managers - basically mediators between clients and creative - and editorial against one another. Account managers were judged based on client churn rates, regardless of the reason for a customer's cancellation or downsell. This essentially meant that account managers would sell clients just about anything within policy to keep them...because that was much easier than trying to work with the client and get them to communicate better.

We had this one client who was terrible at explaining the tone/style/etc. they wanted, and then would complain when we didn't meet the expectations they never clearly explained to us. The account manager basically gave them a ton of free content to "make up for it," which ultimately meant an insane amount of extra work for me (I worked late and on weekends most of the time that month).

I started looking for a new job after that and quit when I found a much higher paying one with less overall work.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
Kedaj
Odinochka

No offense to you as a person, but the TSA is a horrible agency that is ineffective and a waste of tax payer money.

I've admittedly gotten bitchy towards TSA officers if they do something exceptionally stupid, which happens frequently, because a lot don't have a lot of common sense to begin with. These are the people we trust to protect our planes LOLOLOLOL

You forget that they are humans though. People make mistakes. It is like they put on the uniform and they are considered now a new sub-species. I quit that job because of stupid things that happened daily.

Oh my favorite, "I am going to hide something in my pocket and see if the TSA lady will find it." And when I find it. They would say, "I am just making sure you're doing your job correctly!"

Why thank you great citizen.

Not to mention my daily crazy person just to wrap my 10-hour shift. Let me see, one time a woman came back yelling at the checkpoint, "THEY STOLE MY SHOES!"

We spent about 5 minutes looking for this woman shoes just to find out she never even had any when she walked through TSA. She continued to complain and yell until my supervisor pulled her to the side. We rewinded the cameras and saw she was barefooted when she came though. Her reaction? "Oh, okay" and walked away. After making a huge scene.

That job made me realize that I would never work costumer services again. I travel a lot, and I never have problems with any countries security at the airport or in America. I never alarm the systems. I never get pat downs. I never get bag checks either. I never have any problems. People are stupid.

What airports have you gone to that you don't get pat downs or bag checks? At the airports I go to here in California, you HAVE to go through security check (that includes bag check) before you can move on to the gate area. You can't just waltz into the airport and go straight to the boarding gate without first going through security check. How are people stupid for having to go through that or having problems with the security system? The airport security system isn't perfect. I once read a story about someone with an artificial organ or prosthesis setting off an alarm at the airport because it contained metal. Is that person stupid for having an artificial organ/prosthesis?
sometimes and i just normally don't do anything

i think it's stupid to get mad at people who are probably earning minimum wage or just above it, and half of all workers make that in america

and when i don't do something right i don't wanna be yelled at

so normally i just ignore it

unless i know the person is earning quite a bit, then i just do something passive aggressive or w/e idk or unless they are just doing completely the wrong thing but in general i just ignore

today i went to eat pizza for dinner and had to wait 30 mins for a small pizza and they never brought out my breadsticks but there was also this huge line/wait so i just left w/o them lol

i think people these days are just doing barely enough to get by and everyone seems to be hoping for a societal collapse or something...at least i know i am

but i still try and do good things...idk...idk why i do anything actually..........

Dabbler

There's this lady at Walmart who won't bag my stuff. She just shoves my stuff and my bag at me and starts on the next person if there is one. She gives everyone dirty looks. One time, we (me and other people in line) were standing around forever while this lady tried to get this dude a Walmart card of some sort, and she kept going back over the same stuff. Over and over. The guy who wanted the card ended up cancelling because he was getting sick of it.

Clerks who spend the entire transaction chatting with other workers.

This waitress who took an order she couldn't fulfill, came back to us saying that part of it wasn't available and decided for us that we wanted something we couldn't eat, despite us saying over and over again that we couldn't eat that, and she never offered to let us order something else. So we left.

90% of grocery store workers.

Shopping is depressing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas