Welcome to Gaia! ::

Right, so I have this thesis paper I'm writing, and I need to finish it for tomorrow. Trouble is, I'm out of ideas, and I can't quite find the sources I need for it.
It's rather long to write, and I need three major points to prove one major statement.
I'm attempting to prove to my readers how music has an undeniable importance to humans, whether on a cultural, psychological, or artistic level.
Lend your thoughts? I'll definitely be mentioning that I had opinions as a source of information. My teacher said it's fine.

Topics -
1- Cultural level. How is music a necessity in life itself? Something I'm mentioning in my texts are the shamans, no particular decent specified. Music is rather important for them, so I read, as it is in many tribal cultures. Elaborate? Any ideas other than tribal?

2- Psychological level. It's apparently been proven that music effects our moods. That much I can agree with. But does it really affect our studying skills, things like that? Discuss different psychological effects on humans and/or perhaps sentient creatures that music creates.

3- Artistic. The part I myself can apply to most. Artists out there, I need you now. Anyone other than me listen to music and suddenly get the urge to sketch an image corresponding to the song? Anyone else get inspired by different songs? Do you enjoy drawing emotions that go along with the music you're listening to? Whether it be rage-filled heavy metal or blissfully calm zen music...

That's all I can afford to write at the moment.
If anyone's interested in shouting out an opinion, I'll be checking back every once in a while.
Thanks in advance...any help at all would be infinitesimally appreciated.
Many people identyfie their lifes with lyrics, like me for example cool
MateuszW90
Many people identyfie their lifes with lyrics, like me for example cool

That's something I haven't thought of. O_O But now that you mention it, it's true. I've done it too, once in a while. Wow, thanks.
You're right about the shamanic use of music. If you want an insider's experience, you can PM me.

3,750 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Write about history, and add a bit of humor and personal touches, that makes it more memorable.
I don't know if this counts, but I write some fanfictions when I get either bored or want to write one, and depending on the style of story I'm writing certain songs can actually get me in the mood or "mind" of my character.

Like if my story is about a tragedy... listening to a song such as "My immortal" by Evanescence can get me in a "depressed" mindset. Let me know if you understand what I'm saying....

So I guess it helps me out artistically and psychologically. smile
Atzi
Write about history, and add a bit of humor and personal touches, that makes it more memorable.

History in general, or the History of music? I don't quite have enough time to change my subject and look for new sources of info and yeah...
But humor and personal touches I can supply aplenty. <3 So I'll remember that. Thanks.
Dale_Jr_Fan88
I don't know if this counts, but I write some fanfictions when I get either bored or want to write one, and depending on the style of story I'm writing certain songs can actually get me in the mood or "mind" of my character.

Like if my story is about a tragedy... listening to a song such as "My immortal" by Evanescence can get me in a "depressed" mindset. Let me know if you understand what I'm saying....

So I guess it helps me out artistically and psychologically. smile

Of course that counts. It's the same concept as when I want to draw something tragic. I'll listen to some depressing music, and off I go. It helps.
Thank you. <3 I actually hadn't thought of writing, but it applies to, so I'll definitely make a mention of it.
music helps people to connect in a way.
like to feel what someone else is feeling
or to know that you aren't alone in how
you are feeling. it connects people.

and i'm not sure how to explain this, but
when i'm listening to a really good electronica
or hardcore song, it changes how i feel,
kind of like a drug. the feeling i get, the
enjoyment i get, out of a really good beat
is indescribable. part of one of my favorite songs
says: "we're in this together, we're in this
for the love of beats, for the love of loops
"
and i think that's part of how music connects
people.

does this make sense? User Image
Raech is Outrageous

"
people.

Makes perfect sense. o.o 'Cause it's true. It's the same with me. When I listen to a song with a really good base line or a song that's just awesome in general, I get almost euphoric. It's an odd feeling, but I like it quite a bit. It makes me either want to get up and dance, with no cares as to whether I look like an idiot or not, or go around hugging everyone. Which is a wee bit awkward, as none of my friends feels the same way. And they find it hard to understand. >.<
But thank you. Do you mind if I quote you?
Kuro-Kami
Raech is Outrageous

"
people.

Makes perfect sense. o.o 'Cause it's true. It's the same with me. When I listen to a song with a really good base line or a song that's just awesome in general, I get almost euphoric. It's an odd feeling, but I like it quite a bit. It makes me either want to get up and dance, with no cares as to whether I look like an idiot or not, or go around hugging everyone. Which is a wee bit awkward, as none of my friends feels the same way. And they find it hard to understand. >.<

oh good, i'm glad you understand, lol.
i felt stupid for trying to explain it b/c
i don't know anyone who feels the same
way either. and i don't mind if you quote me :]
Raech is Outrageous
Kuro-Kami
Raech is Outrageous

"
people.

oh good, i'm glad you understand, lol.
i felt stupid for trying to explain it b/c
i don't know anyone who feels the same
way either. and i don't mind if you quote me :]

Thank you. <3
Don't feel stupid.
It's stupid to feel stupid about that. >_<
Even though I felt stupid about it for a while too.
But still.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces