Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello, I have had old hag syndrome for about a year now, and well I have tried more sleep, less sleep and it hasn't worked. : ( and as time goes by it gets worse.

Old Hag Syndrome is when you wake up but your whole body is paralyzed from a few seconds to minutes. and you can barley open your eyes, and the most noise you can make is a mere tiny whimper. and during the parallelization you begin to see a dark shadow figure the shape of a tall man and/or an old woman , hear loud earthquake like noises and sometimes even voices and you are left at their mercy, they are very violent and you feel like you can't breath and your whole body feels like its being crushed and sometimes choked.

I have to go through this about 2 - 3 times a week, does anyone know anything that can possibly stop the " old hag attacks " and/or the cause of it?

doctors are no help they just tell me to go see a therapist. : ( I am still having them .
Look it up on Wikipedia. It has a list of causes, as well as treatment options.
thank you. : 3

Relentless Glitch

Some people call that shadow "The Entity".
The shadow that you see a "old hag" is someone most liekly from your family's past you need to ask them what they want try looking up the people of your family and find the person that best fits the shadow you see they are probly sending you a message you have ignored so this is the only way they can contack you to get you to listen.

Friendly Dabbler

I agree about seeing the therapist. Have your doctors given you a telephone number to call, or did they leave it all up to you?

I'm sorry you have to go through this every week. D:
Try having a CAT scan.

Do you notice a strange smell when these episodes happen? Like something burning, maybe?

Big Member

Vinland Linsky
Hello, I have had old hag syndrome for about a year now, and well I have tried more sleep, less sleep and it hasn't worked. : ( and as time goes by it gets worse.

Old Hag Syndrome is when you wake up but your whole body is paralyzed from a few seconds to minutes. and you can barley open your eyes, and the most noise you can make is a mere tiny whimper. and during the parallelization you begin to see a dark shadow figure the shape of a tall man and/or an old woman , hear loud earthquake like noises and sometimes even voices and you are left at their mercy, they are very violent and you feel like you can't breath and your whole body feels like its being crushed and sometimes choked.

I have to go through this about 2 - 3 times a week, does anyone know anything that can possibly stop the " old hag attacks " and/or the cause of it?

doctors are no help they just tell me to go see a therapist. : ( I am still having them .
OH is just when the part of your brain that controls your movement doesn't start up at the same time as you become conscious. It shutsoff so you don't sleepwalk and act out your dreams.

The more you stress and panic,the worse it can get and the longer it can take to stop, so just relax. Go back to sleep for a minute if you can. When I have it, I use it as a really good way to WILD (look it up- ' WILD Lucid dreams' =]), but if you need to get up, for work/school/college/etc then just close your eyes, don't try to move, relax completely andcount to 50, then open your eyes, still relaxed, look around the room and move gradually. Move your head from side to side, then your fingertips, then your toes and work inwards from the extremities.

If you still can't move when you open your eyes again,STILL DON'T PANIC, you know that doesn't work! Relaxation is definately the key.

It's like nightmares, the more you think about them and worry, the more they occur.

Hope this helped, if only a little. =]
Elegant Rukia Kuchiki
The shadow that you see a "old hag" is someone most liekly from your family's past you need to ask them what they want try looking up the people of your family and find the person that best fits the shadow you see they are probly sending you a message you have ignored so this is the only way they can contack you to get you to listen.

If this is the case then it is inevitable, all my family history is lost.

Big Member

Elegant Rukia Kuchiki
lol rolleyes
Maybe seeing a therapist would be a good thing.
Sleep disorders are very common. It's easy to have panic attacks in your sleep.

The symptoms of this old hag thing... is the same as a normal [panic attack]..
Duck_ButterO_O
Try having a CAT scan.

Do you notice a strange smell when these episodes happen? Like something burning, maybe?

no there is no smell, but when the attacks/episodes occur I can feel everything being done to me, like when the shadow touches my arm , a or when he cuts my wrists and so on.
Pisty
Vinland Linsky

OH is just when the part of your brain that controls your movement doesn't start up at the same time as you become conscious. It shutsoff so you don't sleepwalk and act out your dreams.

The more you stress and panic,the worse it can get and the longer it can take to stop, so just relax. Go back to sleep for a minute if you can. When I have it, I use it as a really good way to WILD (look it up- ' WILD Lucid dreams' =]), but if you need to get up, for work/school/college/etc then just close your eyes, don't try to move, relax completely andcount to 50, then open your eyes, still relaxed, look around the room and move gradually. Move your head from side to side, then your fingertips, then your toes and work inwards from the extremities.

If you still can't move when you open your eyes again,STILL DON'T PANIC, you know that doesn't work! Relaxation is definately the key.

It's like nightmares, the more you think about them and worry, the more they occur.

Hope this helped, if only a little. =]

Thank you I often do do this, It does wake me up, but it doesn't stop it from happening again.
every night, during REM sleep, your body paralyzes itself to prevent you from acting out your dreams. Old Hag is when you wake up before your paralysis wears off, and you hallucinate.
it's actually perfectly normal.
it is interesting that you experience this so often...though I have heard of other cases similar to yours.
if you simply relax when you wake up, rather than freaking out, which it sounds like you do, you will be released from paralysis more quickly. just remind yourself that it is a creation of your subconscious/dreaming brain, and you are not actually experiencing these sensations.

Sleep Paralysis is also an amazing way to achieve a lucid dream. somebody mentioned this a couple posts ago, but didn't exactly explain fully what it is...basically, a lucid dream is being aware that you are dreaming while still in the dream. and when you know that you are dreaming, you can do whatever you want. if you are interested and want to know more about lucid dreaming, PM me.
im not an old hag
so i wouldnt know
XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out