Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Cultist

thought a title like that might catch your attention.

So my sister is a nude model at my college for the life drawing class, and I'm an art major so it's all my friends and colleagues. Should I be concerned?
Why should you be? If it was anybody else, would you care?
I personally wouldn't take the class, that would just be awkward. Or request to not have my sibling be nude when I'd work.
But why should it be a problem? I don't see any reason it should be. It's only a problem if you make it one.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Not really.
Your sister is a model, so basically she's just posing so people like you and your colleagues can practice their skills during class.

Dapper Cultist

I had the class last semester and she modeled while I was there, it was just weird to have guy friends there draw her...

she is still modeling for it, but I finished that class, it's just weird. Maybe I'm just being stupid. Thanks for your help guys.

6,000 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Close your eyes and good luck?

Eloquent Conversationalist

Just remember that they're not drawing her to be drawing her. They're drawing her because she's the model. Most of the time they're really professional and ignore who the model is.

Magical Pumpkin

Yeah it is abit weird but if thats what pays her bills and such then you shouldnt judge her smile
I mean, you could have always mentioned it to your teacher and they could have gotten a different model...
If you arnt having to draw her anymore whats your problem?
i think you should warn her not to do these things..and I think it might be difficult for her to find a boyfriend in the future if she has guys eyeing her all the time...and well, nothing wrong with it in that sense, its just...awkward?
My boyfriend's ex sister was a nude model too. It offended her, a lot, back in the time (when she was like...13).

Now I think she's fine and dandy with it.

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
Uncomfortable? Sure.

But concerned? Definitely not. It's not like she's a stripper or prostitute. Artistic nudity isn't the same as sexual nudity.

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
MichieLuv
i think you should warn her not to do these things..and I think it might be difficult for her to find a boyfriend in the future if she has guys eyeing her all the time...and well, nothing wrong with it in that sense, its just...awkward?

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why would it be difficult to find a boyfriend?
Lady Tam Li Hua
MichieLuv

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Why would it be difficult to find a boyfriend?

Some guys are really, really, possessive when it comes to such things. But I've got to admit, women seems to be more possessive about it than females are.

But then, that can be discussed between the two concerned individuals.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff