Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lolmule.

How do you gain the motivation to do certain things such as losing weight, doing homework, etc.? I can't find the motivation to lose weight even though I want to and I'm overweight. I'm even losing motivation when it comes to school work or just paying attention in class continuously each day. How do you guys find some?
I always find it helps when I have someone to look up to, or if I have a very big personal responciblity that I need to excel at to keep up with to help me with motivation. Maybe even having an idol to want to be like.

All of those sort of things helped me get in shape, play the drums, and get a full-time job.

At the end of all things, however, only you can be the reason behind you rmotivation. You need to be able to push on and continue without giving up.

High-functioning Dabbler

7,600 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Forum Sophomore 300
User Image
For homework I think about it this way: If I don't do my homework I won't be able to pass the class and therefore lower my chances of getting into the Nursing program. (I'm a college freshman). I have to learn in order to move on.
User Image
Try doing those things with someone else, and do it together.

I'm usually motivated by friendly competition, so I often compete with other people to see who's better. It helps both of us.
Ki Infinity
Try doing those things with someone else, and do it together.

I'm usually motivated by friendly competition, so I often compete with other people to see who's better. It helps both of us.
Meh, but when I do things with people they never go the same pace as I do. :
think of someone you really admire and what they did to get where they are. that's what i do to find my motivation.
THE LEGEND OF HELEN
think of someone you really admire and what they did to get where they are. that's what i do to find my motivation.
I don't admire anyone though... : lol
I have trouble getting motivated alot too.
But I've noticed that the best motivation for me is just to really think about the benifit of acheiving what I need motivation for.
Thinking about how accomplished or releived I'll feel When I get where I want.
I think about how I'll feel better about myself etc.
I just really try to picture it, or feel that sense of accomplishment.
Also, a big form of motivation for me with some things is helping/pleasing others.
Rainbow_RubberDuck
I have trouble getting motivated alot too.
But I've noticed that the best motivation for me is just to really think about the benifit of acheiving what I need motivation for.
Thinking about how accomplished or releived I'll feel When I get where I want.
I think about how I'll feel better about myself etc.
I just really try to picture it, or feel that sense of accomplishment.
Also, a big form of motivation for me with some things is helping/pleasing others.
That actually makes a lot of sense. Thanks =D
I have a big problem getting motivated. But I once managed to lose a fair bit of weight, but telling everyone I was going on a diet and asking them to support me. That way, if I had failed, I would have had to have told everyone, and I wanted to show them I could do it. I managed to meet my ideal weight with everyone helping me.
I always look for a long-term goal. If, after a while, I don't see any results I start to lose my motivation. For me, I have to really want it to spend my time on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff