Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Are sleeveless and/or spaghetti strap dresses with something worn over it inappropriate for an eigth grade graduation?

YES! AND THEY SHOULD WEAR HEAD SCARVES TOO! 0.039473684210526 3.9% [ 3 ]
Yes. There are plenty of other styles to choose from. 0.19736842105263 19.7% [ 15 ]
No, because you're wearing something over it anyway. 0.44736842105263 44.7% [ 34 ]
No. Who cares. 0.31578947368421 31.6% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 76 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

SensualChocolate
Girls that wear spaghetti straps are whores.
Ok i disagree with you on that entirely, but that asside, I wanted to say that I love your sig XD What Would Brian Boytano Do?
SensualChocolate
Girls that wear spaghetti straps are whores.

This made me laugh really hard. biggrin
Jazzberry
Like you said, you're going to a Christian school...
It runs on relative morals and concepts of right and wrong. The clothing isn't any different.

They have some pretty cute cap-sleeve dresses these days.
WTF
Kari Kandii
Well, I for one know how you feel. I graduated 8th grade last year. And it is pretty tough to look for a "modest" dress. Just get the dress you want and wear a cardigan or a small sweater over it. It's that simple.

EDIT: And based on your post, I don't think you're looking forward to dressing like a skank. Those strapless and spaghetti string dresses are pretty moderate in my opinion as long as you wear them correctly. I think everyone's misinterpreting your post, in my opinion.

Yes, it was. I actually do dress quite modestly, in long sleeves and jeans most of the time. I'm not sad because I can't dress like a skank or whatever, I just want to find a dress that fits the limitations and is reasonably attractive. I do think that there are a lot of kids my age who do dress too skanky. And once again, I am NOT ALLOWED to wear anything like a sweater, shawl, or anything else over it. No strapless or spaghetti straps at all, even if the shoulders and chest are covered.

Shy Sex Symbol

i totally agree with your principle.
i wore a modest dress (long, not too tight) that was strapless
but modestly IS in good taste for those kinds of events, especially when you are only an 8th grader!
heres an easy way to fix ur problem:
wear a dress that is strapless or has spaghetti straps, and then wear a nice matching sweater over it
I wore a beautiful navy blue spanish top (off the shoulder) dress that had a built in corset. It was a long dress <3
Believe me there are really nice dresses that are modest out there.
vanillaswurl
heres an easy way to fix ur problem:
wear a dress that is strapless or has spaghetti straps, and then wear a nice matching sweater over it

You are about the tenth person to say this. I AM NOT ALLOWED to wear anything over my dress. stare
You know, I was reading this and was like, "Why would people make such a big deal out of the end of eighth grade anyway?" And then I remembered that my school goes 7-9 instead of 6-8.
:]
hellow frind!!!!!!!!!! biggrin
Illustrious Verse
find a strapless and get a matching shrug to wear with it. she'll never know.

and besides, don't make such a deal about it.
if its a rule everyone else has to do it too. and trust me, strapless dresses aren't the only nice dresses they make.

besides, why does it matter if its modest or not? if you're a pretty person with a good personality, you don't need to show your legs and cleavage off to get attention. be classy for once.

yeah xp
Almighty Toilet Plungerre
Sounds fine to me.

For my eighth grade graduation I wore a "little black dress" with black & purple striped tights.

My friend wore jeans and a "This blows" tshirt.

I would LOVE to see the look on my teacher's face if I wore either of those. mrgreen
they have a graduation from the 8th grade to the 9th grade? eek

Rainbow Smoker

I went to Christian school for 13 years (pre-school counts!) so trust me, I've been there. Our dresses had to come down to our knees or we'd get sent to the office and we always had to wear sleeves. It's kinda ridiculous that she won't let you wear strapless WITH something over it though. But technically, if you never took your jacket or w/e off, she'd never know what you were wearing underneath was against the dress code. Just a tip. wink

O.G. Sex Symbol

10,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Brandisher 100
******** stupid and sexist D< Girls should be able to wear tuxedos if they want, and boys should be able to wear them dresses. Sexist bullshit. scream

If you don't like your school's standards, then get the ******** out of it. It's a christian school, you can't change a damn thing about it. rofl

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff