Welcome to Gaia! ::

SFRN_Sylvia's Significant Otter

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Back2TheSceneOfTheCrime
Estimated 5-6 weeks pregnant, and they didn't recommend anything other than that I pass it naturally.

If it makes you feel any better it's technically classed as a chemical pregnancy, not a miscarriage. They're really common.

freelance lover
I think that's a bit normal. I hear 1 in 5 pregnancies end in miscarriage, and a lot of women don't even know. They just think it's their period.

Chemical pregnancies.

Toki Bird
I honestly don't comprehend how a woman can love a ball of cells at less than a trimester. Big deal, get over it, you can always make another. Like honestly.

First trimester ends between 12 and 14 weeks depending on which way you're calculating them. You can see the heartbeat by then pretty damn clearly. It's 3.5 months, and if you're trying you'll get attached pretty easily. At 12 weeks, it looks more like a baby than a fetus.

Faerie Dreams
I thought I was having a miscarriage last weekend.
Scariest moment of my life.
I would have been a complete wreck, actually I was a complete wreck...
Luckily I went to the doctor and after a couple blood tests and an ultrasound everything is alright.

How far along are you? I'm glad everything's alright. (I'm somewhere early second tri right now.)

------

I had a chemical pregnancy when I was 16. I didn't plan it, I didn't want it. I still cried when I lost it, and last year (19) I ended up running out of my psych class in tears/anxiety because were talking about childhood development and it was like, right around the age the kid would've been. It still hurts.

I don't know how I'd react if I lost this pregnancy. Again unplanned and unwanted, but I'd feel terrible. (I'm pro choice but can't mentally cope with the guilt associated with an abortion.) I thought I had on two occasions, but it's weird. I'm still mildly in denial, so.

Tipsy Kitten

Syesta

Toki Bird
I honestly don't comprehend how a woman can love a ball of cells at less than a trimester. Big deal, get over it, you can always make another. Like honestly.

First trimester ends between 12 and 14 weeks depending on which way you're calculating them. You can see the heartbeat by then pretty damn clearly. It's 3.5 months, and if you're trying you'll get attached pretty easily. At 12 weeks, it looks more like a baby than a fetus.

And?
Regardless of whether or not they're trying to get pregnant it's not like it's done anything special yet. All it's done is make them sick. Even with a heart beat it's still really just a ball of cells because it can't survive on it's own.
If someone got that attached to it that it makes them feel horrible or they have some kind of a crisis I would suggest seriously seeing a psychiatrist and getting some medication.

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Toki Bird
Syesta

Toki Bird

And?
Regardless of whether or not they're trying to get pregnant it's not like it's done anything special yet. All it's done is make them sick. Even with a heart beat it's still really just a ball of cells because it can't survive on it's own.
If someone got that attached to it that it makes them feel horrible or they have some kind of a crisis I would suggest seriously seeing a psychiatrist and getting some medication.

Not everyone gets sick during pregnancy.

If you're arguing viability, then argue it up until 24 weeks (basically end of second trimester), not just the first.

You haven't really met women who've tried for years and gone through rounds and rounds of IVF have you?

Tipsy Kitten

Syesta
Toki Bird
Syesta

Toki Bird

And?

If you're arguing viability, then argue it up until 24 weeks (basically end of second trimester), not just the first.

You haven't really met women who've tried for years and gone through rounds and rounds of IVF have you?

My mother. And I my high school anatomy teacher.
The only thing my mother said was stressful was IVF, granted in the 90s it wasn't as advanced as it is now. She's told me that she was disappointed but never "boo hoo my plans of being a mother have been crushed let me cry for months over this fetus"

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Toki Bird
Syesta
Toki Bird
Syesta

Toki Bird

And?

The only thing my mother said was stressful was IVF, granted in the 90s it wasn't as advanced as it is now. She's told me that she was disappointed but never "boo hoo my plans of being a mother have been crushed let me cry for months over this fetus"

IVF is incredibly expensive and when you're pregnant and it's there and it's gone at 3 months in, after you've seen it and gotten attached, yeah, you're allowed to be upset and cry for as long as you want.

Tipsy Kitten

Syesta
Toki Bird
Syesta
Toki Bird
Syesta

Toki Bird

And?

IVF is incredibly expensive and when you're pregnant and it's there and it's gone at 3 months in, after you've seen it and gotten attached, yeah, you're allowed to be upset and cry for as long as you want.

All I can see is that it's the loss of money. That's what my mom was upset about the one time she got it.
And then she adopted my oldest sister and immediately got pregnant with my second oldest sister.
IVF is the only one that I can understand being upset about simply because someone paid money. Otherwise, get over it. You can try again, it's not that hard (and rather fun)

I work with a woman who was never able to get pregnant. She's in her early 50s and now says she's glad she never had kids. She has nieces/nephews and she told me those were good enough for her. However I don't know her well enough to ask about any miscarriages etc.
i haven't

but as someone who wants kids in the near future
i'd be devestated, rt

Lucky Star

Syesta

Faerie Dreams
Luckily I went to the doctor and after a couple blood tests and an ultrasound everything is alright.

How far along are you? I'm glad everything's alright. (I'm somewhere early second tri right now.)

I will be 6 weeks Monday =)

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Faerie Dreams
Syesta

Faerie Dreams

Congrats! c: I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Lucky Star

Syesta
Faerie Dreams
Syesta

Faerie Dreams

Thank you, I wish you the same =)

There is a "pregnancy support thread" Here in the LD for us pregnant ladies to chat if you want to check it out =)

Shirtless Lunatic

13,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Pet Lover 100
Faerie Dreams
Syesta
Faerie Dreams
Syesta

Faerie Dreams

Thank you, I wish you the same =)

There is a "pregnancy support thread" Here in the LD for us pregnant ladies to chat if you want to check it out =)

Oooh, I'm gonna go do that. c:
At first, I wouldn't have mourned a miscarriage. Back when I was younger, I hated children. After having my oopsie child, I really learned to appreciate being a mother. If I had a miscarriage now, I wouldn't feel like I was mourning a child, but I would be a bit sad for a while based on connection I have learned to have with my child. I know my SO wants to have kids, and I think it would ******** him up a bit.

Fashionable Shopper

I imagine it wasn't sad for you if you're not picturing a child, thinking of names, looking at clothing and thinking about how you may set up the future child's room. I'd say its normal to not feel sad if you weren't attached. That kind of dictates how a woman may feel about it. If you were trying and really wanting or far enough along to have been thinking of those things then yeah its a huge loss in your life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff