Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suggest ways to help improve self esteem or lose weight etc?

<3 Please? Even handy exercises and recipes are welcome 1 100.0% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 42 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Lonely Lunatic

Petit Chardonnay
Topic ♥ I always had a problem with my self image.....mainly because of my (now mostly resolved) weight problem. I was fat as a kid, and had kinda rough time (I was not really bullied, but kinda overlooked...I was always the "fat" girl in class). But as I grew older, I managed to pull off most of my problems away and now feel really good about myself smile

I struggle still sometimes with a positive self image...its a never ending battle :/

Good on ya for mostly resolving your weight thing.
I can relate, I was tormented in school for being fat. =_= They threw rocks at my head
Only recently, kudos to my boyfriend, and my adoptive mother (Extremely close friend, she let me live with her, and helped me not want to kill myself. We're bonded pretty tight) have i started to love myself. I went for my first walk today and such.

But the battle will never end..which sucks =_= I just wish it were easier.
Being overlooked is just as bad as being bullied though, and i'm sorry you have to go through that. o-o

Leonaenae

Really? That would be fantastic!
Poise N Death

I can relate, I was tormented in school for being fat. =_= They threw rocks at my head
Only recently, kudos to my boyfriend, and my adoptive mother (Extremely close friend, she let me live with her, and helped me not want to kill myself. We're bonded pretty tight) have i started to love myself. I went for my first walk today and such.

Being overlooked is just as bad as being bullied though, and i'm sorry you have to go through that. o-o

Ah yeah, but the image of fat me is still present whenever I look into the mirror :/ But yeah, it was a long process (took almost all of my highschool years).

Im glad you got such a great support around you :3 I saw you in the LDR thread (Im lurking there sometimes x3) and you seem to have a great boyfriend. I was also in an LDR so I know your pain...:/

Great job with the walking :3 I always tell myself to go fitness every day at least for like half an hour, but usually I dont go because Im too tired from work/household stuff that I just leave it for next day and so on...gotta push myself more in this matter sad Cause I see how much I gained last year and it is really bothering me :/

Lonely Lunatic

Petit Chardonnay
Poise N Death

Ah yeah, but the image of fat me is still present whenever I look into the mirror :/ But yeah, it was a long process (took almost all of my highschool years).

Im glad you got such a great support around you :3 I saw you in the LDR thread (Im lurking there sometimes x3) and you seem to have a great boyfriend. I was also in an LDR so I know your pain...:/

Great job with the walking :3 I always tell myself to go fitness every day at least for like half an hour, but usually I dont go because Im too tired from work/household stuff that I just leave it for next day and so on...gotta push myself more in this matter sad Cause I see how much I gained last year and it is really bothering me :/

I hate mirrors. It's my lower half I loathe. Erm.
Am not happy with.
There we go.So i'm working on it. I've never been able to really exercise a lot (I recently out grew asthma..by recently I mean like..5 years ago..just hard times =_=)
Come highschool, I just kicked a**. Literally. I was tired of s**t, and with 275 pounds, it hurts.

i'm going to be walking every day, and ease into other exercises. 3nodding
As for my support, he's amazing, and I honestly, can't believe I found him. All because of a coincidence. Best coincidence ever. Like..he'll just tell me i'm cute or tell me he loves me, and I forget everything. All my worries and the like. I just..melt. God i love that young'un.

I hate noticing I've gained some of my weight back. I'm around 220, when I started off 260 ish. =_= I also REFUSE scales. They discourage me to no end.
=_= Accursed things
Poise N Death

Clicky for larger image
User Image
What do you think?
It just needs words lol

Lonely Lunatic

Leonaenae
Poise N Death

Clicky for larger image
User Image
What do you think?
It just needs words lol

@_@
I'M IN LOOOOVE WITH ITTTT
EEEEEK!
heart
Poise N Death

@_@
EEEEEK!
heart

YAY
any particular font you would like?
You can choose one on dafont.com
or just tell me roughly what you like

Lonely Lunatic

Leonaenae
Poise N Death

@_@
EEEEEK!
heart

YAY
any particular font you would like?
You can choose one on dafont.com
or just tell me roughly what you like

Cute as ********. xd
Poise N Death

Cute as ********. xd

lol, where is it? I cannot find that name lol
What if you're in the position of being overweight due to medication and unable to lose? > _>

Lonely Lunatic

Leonaenae
Poise N Death

Cute as ********. xd

lol, where is it? I cannot find that name lol
Anything cute is what im saying

Stupid Cupcake

Ask your doctor about something to help, other than that, right now? I'm not sure. I'll look into it. 3nodding
My doctor has been no help at all so far; there hasn't been enough study on the link between my medication and weight gain (though it's a known fact that many patients on said medication have experienced some rather extreme unexplained weight gain and were able to lose weight after dropping the medication). Because of this, it's not really being acknowledged as the cause and she's basically just told me "You're a fat lazy cow who just needs to get off his a** and stop eating all the time!" I've never had a weight issue in my life before getting sick and I was much unhealthier in my habits before. I watch what I eat, drink almost exclusively water, and make sure to exercise several times a week and keep myself moving daily. It hasn't done a thing. ...So I guess I'm just venting at this point, because obviously you're not my doctor! redface
Poise N Death

XP
here are some I thought would be nice
http://www.dafont.com/loverboy.font
http://www.dafont.com/4my-lover.font
http://www.dafont.com/monkeylove.font
http://www.dafont.com/virgin-love.font
http://www.dafont.com/hawaii-lover.font
http://www.dafont.com/love-letters.font
http://www.dafont.com/love-letters-2.font
http://www.dafont.com/words-of-love.font
which do you like the best?
Stupid Cupcake
My doctor has been no help at all so far; there hasn't been enough study on the link between my medication and weight gain (though it's a known fact that many patients on said medication have experienced some rather extreme unexplained weight gain and were able to lose weight after dropping the medication). Because of this, it's not really being acknowledged as the cause and she's basically just told me "You're a fat lazy cow who just needs to get off his a** and stop eating all the time!" I've never had a weight issue in my life before getting sick and I was much unhealthier in my habits before. I watch what I eat, drink almost exclusively water, and make sure to exercise several times a week and keep myself moving daily. It hasn't done a thing. ...So I guess I'm just venting at this point, because obviously you're not my doctor! redface

Is there any possibility on using a different medication?
That's the next thing I intend to ask, if I can ever get ahold of her. I know there are other treatments for my particular condition, but I wasn't given a choice when I started because apparently, my case had gotten so bad that this--which is the "last resort"-- was supposedly all that would work. From what I have been told, it's a difficult medication to stop and very dangerous to start again after stopping. So if other treatments don't work, I could be in trouble... Either way, I'm bringing it up at my next appointment.
Stupid Cupcake

Eeep!
That is scary.
May I ask, what is your condition?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items