Welcome to Gaia! ::

Suggest ways to help improve self esteem or lose weight etc?

<3 Please? Even handy exercises and recipes are welcome 1 100.0% [ 42 ]
Total Votes:[ 42 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 28 29 30 > >>

Lonely Lunatic

[Love Yourself!]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Love Yourself Quote of The Week!
Quote:
“To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance”
- Oscar Wilde

Anorexia recovery blog

Are you underweight? Overweight?
Insecure about how you look?
This thread is NOT meant JUST for women!
Men too.
Not like Men don't care about how they look.
:3
This thread idea came to me, after I posted a question about how to loose some weight.
I've noticed others, also wanting to gain weight, or loose it.
I've also seen people who are insecure about how they look, the way I see it, you have to love yourself, before you can try and start making those changes.

This thread is to support YOU, and help you on your way to what you want!

Not liking how you look is hard, and makes for a low self esteem, which is a bad thing.
Poor self esteem can lead to some unfortunate things, and I think everyone should be happy with themselves. Not too long ago, I hated myself. Slowly, I am learning to love me.

~

As it will mention throughout my posts, you can PM me with things to add to ANY of the sections.
I don't mind!
Add to the try to/try not toos
Ideas for exercises, anything!

If we all become too chatty, i'll make a chat thread. <3

I hope this thread will come in handy, and any tips are welcome via PM (Since I can't check my notifications all the time <3)

Quote:
Be The Best You, You Can Be!

Quote:
You're beautiful, inside, and out.

Any wonderful quotes like these are appreciated!

THREAD ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL ALWAYS BE IN PURPLE

Rules:
-Follow The Gaia ToS
-Try to keep ON TOPIC. Generally at least one or two posts a page should be on topic. 3nodding
-Respect others, and do NOT mock them whether they be of a different race, creed, weight, or anything! Simply NOT tolerated.
-I reserve the right to report any inappropriate posts
-No spamming/trolling. All spammers and troll, will be reported.
-Advice is encouraged
-Encouragement is Encouraged
-No giant quote trees!
-No stretching the pages
-No advertising without explicit permission
-Do unto others, and you wish them to do unto you.
-Obey my Mods, for they wield my ban hammer as well.
-Do NOT quote any of the first posts! I will autoban.
-As creator, I reserve all right to add, and change rules as I so see fit.

Thread Moderators!
Sakura Goes Rawr

Current Topics:
[1] Weight Loss
[2] Weight Gain
[3] Self Image.

Whitelist;
<3

Blacklist;
SmiteMakesRight

[Songs People Suggest for Feel Good]

This is Dubstep, DJ Fresh - Louder (Doctor P & Flux Pavilion Remix)
- Poise
Selena Gomez&The Scene - Who says
-BlackJess
LEATHER PANTS REMIX - (FEAT. SHADYVOX)
-a year from now

Lonely Lunatic

Quote:
What is being Overweight?

Overweight basically means you're over the healthy and ideal weight for your height.
Not a bad thing within 20 pounds, but after that point it can get daunting, and feel uncomfortable.

You may start feeling lethargic, unmotivated, etc.

Quote:
What Is Being Underweight?

Underweight is when you're UNDER the healthy and ideal weight for your height.
This is also a bad thing, because your immune system could get weak, and stuff like that

But I eat healthy and i'm still under/overweight?

You could have a health concern like a thyroid problem if this is the case, and you exercise etc.
See your doctor, or really think about everything you're doing, just to make sure.
From there, adjust your diet.

Quote:
I think I might have an eating disorder

The first step in admitting it, and then seeking help.
Want ideas and suggestions, i'm more than willing to help you ask for that help!
Above all, you should see your doctor about this problem, or talk to a trusted family member, or friend.

Quote:
I really hate how I look. I'm at an okay weight, but I think I look terrible

You're not ugly!
I love you! I don't know you, but I think you're gorgeous, just the way you are!
Personality is amazing, so don't let something you think is ugly about you get you down!
I'm willing to bet you have an amazing personality.

But..I have problem skin!
Try watching the video linked in the next post!
I know it's hard, and it sucks. The first step is to start taking care of your face the right way. 3nodding

[Anyone willing to add to these, is welcome! PM them. <3 ]

Lonely Lunatic

How do I know if i'm over weight?

Here, try this little widget here.

Widget.

Don't let it frighten you if it tells you you're obese.
It told me I was, and i'm 5''8 and weigh 220 lbs!
Sheesh!

<3

How do I know if i'm underweight?
Same widget!
Widget.

How do I know what eating disorder I have?

Well,
There's..
Anorexia Nervosa

Bulimia Nervosa

Compulsive Overeating

Binge Eating Disorder

More info from..
Something Fishy

How can I help make myself feel better about how I look?
Start telling yourself you love yourself.
Tell your friends, you love yourself
Tell it to your family
Tell it to your mirror
Write it somewhere, 1000000 times.
Do things that make YOU feel good.

(Anyone wants to add, PM me)

I think I have problem acne!

Try watching this video, which I got off Sakura Go Rawr's signature!
DISCLAIMER:
THIS VIDEO IS FROM SOMEONE WHO HAD TERRIBLE ACNE, STATING SOME AMAZING PRODUCTS THAT REALLY WORK. I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO SELL THIS TO YOU, AND WATCH AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
Youtube Video.

Lonely Lunatic

Tips for losing Weight;
Exercise and eating right is key.

Don't over do it, and take small steps
Don't be obsessive with treadmills and stuff!
Gonna lift weights?
The multiple times with low weights, I talked to about 3 trainers about that. It should be 2-4 reps of 20 with 30 second breaks in between on average. - _Sergeant_Happy_Hatter_

Keep to the basics, and DON'T EVER EVER OVER WORK YOURSELF
Drink lots of water, and change your diet if it's bad.

Crunchs, push ups, lifting weights, using an exercise balls and stuff like that are all you need

Take up belly dancing, or find a walking partner.
Yes, losing excess weight is good, but you have to do it, HEALTHY.
Otherwise it could damage your health.

Start your day with a glass of water. As soon as you wake up, gulp down a glass of cool water. It’s a wonderful way to start you day and you only need a lesser quantity of your breakfast drink after that. A glass of water lets out all your digestive juices and sort of lubricates the insides of your body. You may have your morning cup of tea but have it after a glass of water. It is good for you.
Eggs are not such a bright idea. It would be best to reduce your intake of eggs to maybe three in a week. But for those of you die hard egg fans, you may have up to one egg a day but nothing more than that.
Try to eat your vegetables raw. When you cook them, you are in fact taking away nearly half the vitamins in them. And canned vegetables too are processed and are not nearly half as good as fresh vegetables. When you buy your vegetables it would be a good thing to see if the label says that it is pesticide free.
Black tea or coffee can actually be good for you. But personally I would like to recommend tea rather than coffee. The caffeine in the coffee is not really good for you because it is an alkaloid and can affect other functions of your body like the metabolism.
Tea and coffee are harmless by themselves. It’s when you add the cream and sugar that they become fattening. Did you know that having a cup of tea or coffee that has cream and at least two cubes of sugar is as bad as having a big piece of rich chocolate cake’
Juice is often sweetened but fresh fruits have natural sugars. When you eat fruit, you are taking in a lot of fiber, which is needed by the body, and fruits of course are an excellent source of vitamins.
Drink a glass of water before you start the meal. Water naturally needs some space so that you feel fuller without actually having to stuff yourself.
Have another glass of water while you are having the meal. Again this is another weight loss tips and way of making yourself full, another great weight loss tips, so that you can actually rise from the table eating less but feeling full just the same. Instead of drinking it one gulp, take sips after each morsel. It will help the food to settle faster so that you get that feeling that you are full faster. SIDENOTE: Water is such a remarkable thing, but seldom do we give it the credit that it deserves. Did you know that over 66% of your body weight is nothing but water’ It’s amazing! Water also plays a vital role in weight control, which is why I donated so much space to it, above.

Try to
Take it slow, start with baby steps
Eat better
Drink more water
Eat smaller meals, more frequently
Pick up an activity with a friend. Always nice to have the support of "You can do it!''
Get small weights, or an exercise ball.
Maybe get a trainer!
Wear proper attire, when doing certain things.
Stretch before hand!

Try not to:
Overwork yourself
Dehydrate
Crash Diet
Diet
Eat less!
Pick up drugs, or smoking
Go crazy at the gym
obsess.
LOOSE TOO MUCH WEIGHT TOO FAST
These are bad ways of trying to lose weight, and I don't advise doing them
RE: loosing 40 LBS in 2/mos.
Eviesee645

Actually if that really happened in 2 months that /is/ too fast. For best and most permanent results you should be losing 1-2 pounds a week on average. Radical changes in diet and exercise can actually decrease your metabolism if you go from say eating 2500 calories a day to 1000. I would highly suggest you see a nutritionist. Most schools have them available that are covered by your student fees. Not to say losing 40 pounds isn't amazing. That's a great job, just saying that if you want to keep losing weight with a more permanent result it should be at a slower pace.

Helpful, healthy easy exercises!
Want to add one? PM me!
Lesbian_Slots_Only
Lie on your tummy. Put your legs together. Raise them 8 times for 4 reps, with 30 seconds of rest in between twice a day. I was taught this by my physical therapist. Not only is it good for your back, it will also trim belly fat.
Always remember its not safe to exercise unless you have stretched successfully beforehand, and stretched the parts of you which you plan on exercising.

Here's one you can do to trim back fat and strengthen your back: lay on your stomach with your body like an X. Raise your arm and raise the opposite leg. Keep the arm and leg raised for ten seconds. Rest for 20 seconds. Raise the opposite arm and leg for 10 seconds. Rest for 20 seconds. Do each one 8 times. Do twice a day.

Always rest between each set of exercises fully :3

Then there's this one:

User Image

You do it the same way as the leg lift, except your make that lovely shape by lifting your butt a little. It takes a little bit to perfect, and you have to stretch your belly before you do it, but its even more effective than the leg lift.

Always remember: if you feel like you're over doing it just a little bit (maybe with the last two reps, like: "1...2...3...4...5...6...ugh 7!...UGH 8!!" Then you're doing it right. Know your limits, too. If you can't do all 8, or you feel too tired to do another set, then don't do it. Exercise is all about gaining strength as well as losing the weight. If you overstrain yourself, you will get sore. And never work out when you're sore or injured.

Lonely Lunatic

How can I GAIN weight the HEALTHY way?

Eating right, and not overdoing exercising!

Sadly, I don't know much, but here's what I have!
PM me if you have ideas and suggestions for here!

Have meals with the right balance of proteins, carbohydrates, and the right kinds of fat (such as unsaturated and monounsaturated fats, olive oil, canola oil, pistachios, almonds and walnuts). Heinemann suggests the following ratio: 60%-70% carbohydrates, 10%-15% protein, and a small amount of fat.
Eat foods higher in calories, vitamins, and minerals, as opposed to higher in fat or sugar.
Pack more nutritious calories in each serving. For example, you may add grated cooked eggs to mashed potatoes, ground chicken to soups and gravies, cheese in casseroles, eggs, and soups, and nonfat dried milk in soups, shakes, milk, and mashed potatoes.
If you get too full too fast, try having more high-calorie foods or slices of foods as opposed to consuming the whole thing (raisins versus grapes, granola and Grape Nuts versus corn flakes, mango slices versus the whole mango).
Limit drinking beverages to a half-hour before and after a meal.
Drink mixed juices (apple/berry, peach/orange/banana as opposed to one juice beverages) for a higher calorie intake.
With moderation, you may add in good fat sources to meals such as nuts, avocado, olives, and fatty fish (salmon and mackerel).
Snack in between meals. Nuts, dried fruits, and yogurt are good options, but it's also important to find nutritious foods that you will enjoy.
Have a nutritious snack before bedtime, such as a peanut butter sandwich.

Try to;
Eat right
Still drink water!

try not to;
Eat lots of cheeseburgers and junk!
There's GOOD WEIGHT
and BAD WEIGHT.
Goodfat/badfat basically. 3nodding

*Suggestions for the Trys/Try not too's VERY welcome*

Lonely Lunatic

How can I seek help for my Eating Disorder?

Ask a family member, school counseller, anyone you can trust. They can help you from there
If you want to try and stop yourself, here's some ideas

Write it down!
I, ____ will eat/not eat/Keep in my stomach/etc, _____ today!
Everyday, try and wake up and think
I am a beautiful person!
Post a post it on your ceiling!
Get a friend for moral support. Anything you think will help
Maybe set a schedule
This week, I will start to admit I have a problem, and I want to be a healthy person, and love myself!
Next week, I will start to try and slowly change my bad habit
The week after, I will continue by taking ___ action.

Want more ideas personal for you? PM me if you want. There's no shame, and I will not judge you.

Little steps.
Always remember, little steps.

Ran out of room, since someone decided to post before I finished my thread, so other stuff will have to go here too! ;P

I feel badly about how I look.
Write yourself a million little notes
Okay, maybe less, but write yourself some notes. Tuck them away somewhere.
Know, that you ARE beautiful.
Tell yourself at least ONCE a day you are beautiful.
Tell a friend "I am beautiful, and I wanted you make sure someone heard me"
Or something along those lines.
rally your friends and family to help you!
Do activities you love to do!

Face friendly foods!
1. Whole grains. When it comes to thwarting acne-causing inflammation, fiber-packed whole grains work like a charm. But be careful when perusing grocery store aisles for whole-grain items–crafty label lingo can make a loaf of bread or box of pasta seem like a healthy choice, when in reality it carries only a small percentage of whole grains. Forget wheat and give ancient grains like quinoa and millet a try.

2. Fish. Heralded as the premiere source of omega-3 fatty acids, cold-water, oily fish are loaded with anti-inflammatory eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). The Clear Skin Diet lauds oily fish such as mackerel, salmon, anchovies, and sardines as the most potent choices for blemish-free skin.

3. Green vegetables. Packed with inflammation-fighting nutrients and loads of antioxidants, most green leafy veggies contain plenty of fiber, which helps slow the rise of blood sugar after eating.

4. Purple and deep red foods. According to The Clear Skin Diet, foods containing anthocyanins are high in antioxidants and help maintain blood flow to the skin, promoting optimum cell turnover (essential for keeping pores clear). Acai, pomegranates, purple carrots, black grapes, and beets are all great choices.

5. Green tea. Among its numerous health benefits, green tea also helps keep pimples from popping up. It’s chock-full of the antioxidant catechin EGCG, an effective anti-inflammatory. But beware of bottled green tea drinks, which often contain scads of added sugar and calories.

Here's an amazing video if you have problem skin! Like, worse than just taking care of your face!
DISCLAIMER:
THIS VIDEO IS FROM SOMEONE WHO HAD TERRIBLE ACNE, STATING SOME AMAZING PRODUCTS THAT REALLY WORK. I AM IN NO WAY TRYING TO SELL THIS TO YOU, AND WATCH AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION
Video

sakura go rawr

Lets talk acne:

Acne is a horrible way to ruin the self-esteem of anyone. Acne is an equal opportunity lender, affecting anyone and possibly almost everyone in one point in their life. I have suffered from acne for eight years, suffering from acne and its scars surfacing on my face, chest, and even my back. Acne has the ability to pop up on those places, and even on thighs, shoulders, and forearms. As a person who tried and bought many products, I will tell you the two products that actually work.

Make an appointment with your doctor and talk to them about the products Retin-A and Clindamycin Phosphate Gel. The Retin-A is wonderful for reducing and getting rid of the blemishes while the Clindamycin is wonderful for eliminating scars. Please watch my video for further information on the benefits of these two products. It is important to remember that this product will take time to work, it took a year for me.

Another method is the risky but potent Accutane. I haven't tried, but I have talked with many people who have used it and there cons that come with the benefit. Accutane makes it so that acne is pretty much eliminated from your life after using the product for a while. Accutane also causes severe dry lips, causing it to crack and bleed (as reported from Accutane users), and my doctor has told me that it can cause strokes. To be able to use Accutane, women must sign a form saying that they will use to forms of contraceptive while on the medicine. Accutane can cause serious deformities and problems to babies in the womb.

Birth control, such as YAZ, has been thought of to help with moderate acne. While I'm not sure if it helped with mine, it could be a nice little aid to help while using the Retin-A and Clindamycin. Remember, while on birth control, it is very important that you intake calcium because birth control leeches it from your body.

As with any product, cons often accompany the pros, but many of these cons are dry skin - which can be cured with an organic moisturizer. Products take a different amount of time with individuals, but please consider what is mentioned in the video. It cured my 8 years of acne (Disclaimer: Of course, every so often when my period comes, I might get a pimple, but that is not acne, that is simply a random pimple that will go away).

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them, and please feel free to share your acne riding secrets and methods.

Try to; Wash your face
eat "face friendly" foods
Wash off your make up EVERY night. Pat dry.

Avoid:
Excessive makeup, or take it off every night, and wash nicely!
excessive corrosive, or drying things
Excessive ex foliating!

Lonely Lunatic

Kudos for Healthy gs Living for this!
Code
[url=http://tinyurl.com/6j56aft][IMG]http://i54.tinypic.com/2hd63p5.png[/IMG][/url]

Any helpful links will go here!

Quotes here..obviously! heh!

Adversative
SmiteMakesRight
Reading this utter crap just made me vomit in my mouth a little.

I am resisting the obvious bulimia joke SO HARD.

=D PM me to be an affiliate
User Image

Lonely Lunatic

Old polls, announcements

Fifth-12th

Dapper Phantom

Lonely Lunatic

Narkiewix
Nice. ^_^
whee I tried!
Considering I put off my walk to do this
shame on me, using excuses.
Thank you!
Excellent, excellent. 3nodding Although I think self-image can also be damaged by acne.

Lonely Lunatic

sakura go rawr
Excellent, excellent. Although I think self-image can also be damaged by acne.

True. Maybe I should put something on Acne/scars/other blemishes up?
Poise N Death
sakura go rawr
Excellent, excellent. Although I think self-image can also be damaged by acne.

True. Maybe I should put something on Acne/scars/other blemishes up?

I actually had a thread that did pretty well - before a party-pooping troll came and reported it so much that it got taken down because I was "trying to sell a product", which of course I wasn't, I only recommended products that helped me with 8 years of acne. I have a video in my signature to help people, but (and I don't mean to be pushy), maybe I can be a mod and run the acne portion? Or you can do it, I'm just offering my services. sweatdrop But acne is seriously damaging to self-esteem and it would be nice if products and tips were given. ^^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff