Welcome to Gaia! ::

Now this is pretty obvious...What do you think of long-distance relationships? Be it far from each other or from the same state or far like states away or even countries? Talk about it here^^ I won't bite I promise.
Come on people you know you wanna talk about it...

Hallowed Elder

9,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I'm in one right now. It's extremely difficult on both of us, but there's no much that can be done at the moment. My mom is ill and has no one else to care for her but me, so I'm here with my daughter taking care of her.

I really think they only work if both people can implicitly trust one another. It certainly requires more trust than a more traditional relationship.
I'd be willing to have one. I'm not all that physical as it is, so there wouldn't be too many issues with it to me. Although, I'd hate not being able to cuddle. gonk
It's very difficult to get them to work. I can think of several that have gone down in flames even after long relationships close up. Sometimes it's just out of sight, out of mind.
I think they're alright if you can stay in touch. I had a boyfriend in another country, and we lost touch after a few months.
Its quite heart-breaking.
Lilikka
I'm in one right now. It's extremely difficult on both of us, but there's no much that can be done at the moment. My mom is ill and has no one else to care for her but me, so I'm here with my daughter taking care of her.

I really think they only work if both people can implicitly trust one another. It certainly requires more trust than a more traditional relationship.

welll your right it does take alot.....and Polaire im so sorry...I know what that's like crying
I actually broke up with my long distant relationship last night. Its very difficult, we both just had to let each other go because seeing each other is not a reality at the moment. Sometimes love and trust and honesty isn't enough though we may want it to be. Sometimes we need to face the facts. Personally, i believe long distant relationships could work out if they plan to see each other in the future.
Very simply, if it's all you can get ahold of, do it. Otherwise, avoid them at all costs.
I do think Long-Distance Relationships are difficult to keep alive, but Ive seen many of them work out quite nicely. My best friend is dating someone who lives on the other side of the US (*he's on the West Coast, she's on the East Coast*) and they are doing just fine. Its hard, because its not as physical and you cant really kiss them when you want to, or hold them when you want to, but as long as youre willing to give it a shot and truly care about each other, then I wish you the best of luck. All you need to keep a relationship alive is love and its possible to love someone you get to see only a few times a year ^^ It makes those times you do see each other so much more special and meaningful ^^ Just talk to each other as much as you can, via Messengers or even the Phone and just remind each other of how much you care and make sure there is A LOT of trust in your relationship ^^
aZnPuRsUaTiOn101
I actually broke up with my long distant relationship last night. Its very difficult, we both just had to let each other go because seeing each other is not a reality at the moment. Sometimes love and trust and honesty isn't enough though we may want it to be. Sometimes we need to face the facts. Personally, i believe long distant relationships could work out if they plan to see each other in the future.

Well I can tell you I don't want that...I've been with my gf for 9 months and we trust each other...Sure I flirt without knowing (seriously my personality makes me flirt without knowing) but i'm planning to see her this summer...But she's scared her dad will try to kill me (her dad owns rifles and guns) but i don't care I just want to see her...
I'm in one right now. 1,000 mile distance. DX So not fun, and it's agonizing when I think about how much I just want to hold my girlfriend's hand, but I know that when I finally get to see her it's gonna be fantastic. whee In the end, it's worth it to me.
ChicodeIsla
aZnPuRsUaTiOn101

Well I can tell you I don't want that...I've been with my gf for 9 months and we trust each other...Sure I flirt without knowing (seriously my personality makes me flirt without knowing) but i'm planning to see her this summer...But she's scared her dad will try to kill me (her dad owns rifles and guns) but i don't care I just want to see her...

O that's great congratulations!! Yeah, when u guys see each other it would be like the best thing in the world. Never lose that trust u guys share and of course the love u both hold dear. Because sometimes that's going to be the only thing that would hold the relationship together. But yeah =) again congrats and i hope everything works out between u guys this summer!! biggrin
xBlue07
I'm in one right now. 1,000 mile distance. DX So not fun, and it's agonizing when I think about how much I just want to hold my girlfriend's hand, but I know that when I finally get to see her it's gonna be fantastic. whee In the end, it's worth it to me.

That's the spirit^^....Just don't have a teary hello, I really don't want that when I see my gf...
Long distance costs alot

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces