Welcome to Gaia! ::

AntiClaus
I believe life to be an elaborate and curious chemical reaction, and nothing more. No afterlife. Once you are spent, there is naught, not even a void to be experianced. It's beyond words.

In which case, we should aim to cherish life, both our own and that of others.

Life need not be defined through exciting experiances, merely enjoyed and lived without regret. An introvert should not be ashamed that they went to their grave without ever knowing what it was to skydive, so long as they enjoyed their time in the way that suited them.

As for the ED comments, I believe people are just being too lazy to read. That's a shame.

Haha i figured it out, lol

i like your way of thinking thats basically the same as me
AntiClaus
Alexei_The_Dark
I'm curious as to what people believe happens after we die. Who decides where we go?

As morality is a human construction and entirely relative, I don't believe anyone is there to make such judgements. I don't believe there even is a there.

which is what i think, to quote from a previous statement "e die, we get buried, we rot, we become a memory, we fade from existence altogether"
I agree with the previous posts, pm a mod about moving this to the ED forum, this is too philosophical a debate to be posted here.
Kralegna
I agree with the previous posts, pm a mod about moving this to the ED forum, this is too philosophical a debate to be posted here.

Thanks i'll look into it
I'm a Catholic myself (meaning that I should believe in Heaven/Hell), but I have to admit that I do think about what happens AFTER we die. As in, is there really an afterlife or do we just dissipate and stop existing? It's such a sketchy topic that can go on for a long time...

...personally, I want to believe there is an afterlife, but in the end, it's that whole paranormal stuff that kicks in. Meaning, after we die, do our souls still wander in a separate yet parallel dimension while retaining memory of our previous life? If so, then what happens when the world ends via asteroid, the sun going out, or apocalypse?

I mean, do we actually realize that we die? Or is it like an unending dream? Like falling asleep and dreaming forever, not knowing we are dead. And those that die in like an instant...such as those in war that step on a mine and turn into a mist...do they ever realize they are dead within that split-second beforehand?

So many questions, not enough answers...>_<
ShatteredSky
I'm a Catholic myself (meaning that I should believe in Heaven/Hell), but I have to admit that I do think about what happens AFTER we die. As in, is there really an afterlife or do we just dissipate and stop existing? It's such a sketchy topic that can go on for a long time...

...personally, I want to believe there is an afterlife, but in the end, it's that whole paranormal stuff that kicks in. Meaning, after we die, do our souls still wander in a separate yet parallel dimension while retaining memory of our previous life? If so, then what happens when the world ends via asteroid, the sun going out, or apocalypse?

I mean, do we actually realize that we die? Or is it like an unending dream? Like falling asleep and dreaming forever, not knowing we are dead. And those that die in like an instant...such as those in war that step on a mine and turn into a mist...do they ever realize they are dead within that split-second beforehand?

So many questions, not enough answers...>_<

You bring up some great points that i hadn't thought bout. Do we retain who we are, if we are reincarnated are we the same kinda person? And what of Ghost are they really souls that can't find rest? You have given me alot more to ponder, more unanswerable questions, thank you
anyone else wanna contribute?
I know I'm posting a lot later than anyone else, please don't hate me. I believe that life and death mean different things to different people. I think the afterlife is whatever you expect it to be. There are no suprises. If you think you're going to go to a place where the streets are paved with gold, you will. If you think you will merely cease to exist, you will. I know that's not a popular believe, but it's what I think.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff