Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
MarigoldMari
Mayviline
The question that asked how you outgrow is actually how some children or adults outgrow thus bullying actions becomes less powerful as they matured. Some ppl outgrow it as they got older. It's not really blaming a victim though I do apologize if you felt upset with the question miss. Greatly and I don't mean to cause that ^ ^. Another thing I would like to mention that if your brother turned your home into a not so safe ground, then did you establish a safe ground for you? Or had a goal to aid?
You phrased the question strangely, I feel. Some of the questions were worded strangely (not proper English?). And no, it has not become less terrifying as I've matured. Mostly because the type of bullying I went through was 90% hostile unprovoked physical attacks.

As for the second part, I eventually ran away from home in the dark of the night when I was 19 to get away from the terror. I'd have rather been homeless than live there/get murdered. I'm now not homeless and have an apartment which I don't consider safe but eh. I may never be safe from stupid ******** people and I have to accept that >.< As for if you meant "was there any safe place in your home for you at the time, that you may have made yourself" no, there was no safe ground. He'd pick the locks or downright bust down the door if I tried to hide. One time he busted through a glass door like the Hulk with rabies. He was bleeding profusely, too, but like that mattered to that rage filled dog. So goddamned scary.

Oh god, that is a bit beyond then stalking... o o
And I do apologize if my questions are off like that. It's to view the emotional impact of the experience and look closer at how it can effect psychologically and physically. Also it's my first time doing such a thing... since in my class case, we cannot interview a parent in OUR household. And due to be a shut in, dolled up person who just finally went to college in a different location is intimidating.... so I'm clueless to approach this which is why I chose to do a simple questionnaire. I even went over the questions and wondered if they are appropriate for this type of research. (Also been warned that LAP are hard and long). So forgive me if all this is a bit....noobish or inexperienced of me ^ ^. It's a good step at least go come out for the first time like this at least ^ ^.
Also essays aren't my strong point...I still have no idea how I got to college and its my first year lol....xD
Back to the topic. Have you felt secure now talking about it or calmer or still afraid to mention this? Like what do you feel now? Even for me it's hard to mention my dilemma. Does he have a retraining order?

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Silly Annie
Mayviline
Silly Annie
Mayviline
Silly Annie
well yea
my blood
gypsy born

Sorry for the long reply, I actually looked up about this so called curse for gypsies and don't see anything about it...
I only researched to tell you that there are no such curses and if there were then who cares? You shouldn't be tormented all bc of your blood links down to gypsies. On top of that...they are known for the shimmy dances that are used for widely and popular in exercises (my old high school does it).
Did you think you grew a little stronger from being bullied?
well I know that now
they was just racist is all

but so was my dad so it kinda balances out
no I dont think it made me stronger

So even at home your father pointed out your blood lineage?
Or how insecure?
To me a home should be a safe haven but it's not always I see now. And I know threatening back at other students wouldn't do... it didn't help me... even drawing made me feel like monkey...
it dint need to be pointed out
we were a gypsy family livin around other gypsies
no my dads racism was tryna teach me to hate jews

That sounds a lot like my dad... he hated Jews and he is about 65 years old.... and even his own ethnicity which Hispanics....and I'm that mix of his Hispanic lineage...he never mentioned why though... and I still have to live with him till I can get a job...
Even when others tormented you, did you develop a wall?
Also I apologize if my questions aren't well made. It is thus my first time interviewing people.
Is talking about your experience hard to do especially in this questionnaire?

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Quote:
1 Can you recall at what age you were bullied?

Vaguely. I know what years of schooling (UK) I was in, but not the ages that it corresponded to.

Quote:
2 What were the emotions you have went through at the beginning, middle and end when you were bullied?

I became introverted, withdrawn, self-analytical and highly self-critical.

Quote:
3 Explain how extreme was the experience was to you.

Physical bullying for 5 years by one person, and verbal bullying for three by numerous people. The most severe physically was the foremost years, but the verbal is what has had the longest term effect.

Quote:
4 Where did the bullying occur?

School.

Quote:
5 Who bullied you?

Another kid at school in my year, then those in the years above me, and in my year as well.

Quote:
6 How long were you being bullied?

7 years, estimated. Probably 8.

Quote:
7 Are you still being bullied?

No.

Quote:
8 Do you think you are being bullied?

N/A, no.

Quote:
9 Do you feel less attached to you social realms?

Not really, I was never ostracised online at least. And I had a select group of friends at archery that didn't bully me.

Quote:
10 How did you outgrow the qualities that made you look like a victim as you got older or matured?

I probably haven't entirely, but I've certainly gained more balls and backbone to stand up to people who try and use me as a doormat.

Quote:
11 What was the damage did bullying did to you as you got older or matured?

Self-esteem/self-doubt.

Quote:
12 What made you think why you were bullied?
Did you ever thought about that?
Did it make you question your confidence?

Getting beaten up, hit, punched for a start. Then the constant verbal harassment and taunting.

Quote:
13 Were you able to confront you bully?

I punched him back. With the verbal bullying, it was only solved by moving house 200+ miles away.

Adorable Fisher

Mayviline

Oh god, that is a bit beyond then stalking... o o
And I do apologize if my questions are off like that. It's to view the emotional impact of the experience and look closer at how it can effect psychologically and physically. Also it's my first time doing such a thing... since in my class case, we cannot interview a parent in OUR household. And due to be a shut in, dolled up person who just finally went to college in a different location is intimidating.... so I'm clueless to approach this which is why I chose to do a simple questionnaire. I even went over the questions and wondered if they are appropriate for this type of research. (Also been warned that LAP are hard and long). So forgive me if all this is a bit....noobish or inexperienced of me ^ ^. It's a good step at least go come out for the first time like this at least ^ ^.
Also essays aren't my strong point...I still have no idea how I got to college and its my first year lol....xD
Back to the topic. Have you felt secure now talking about it or calmer or still afraid to mention this? Like what do you feel now? Even for me it's hard to mention my dilemma. Does he have a retraining order?

I suggest reviewing the questions you're going to ask with your professor next time, then ^.^ There are a couple of questions that are so carefully worded that they no longer represent clear English to the layman (whom you are asking). Ask the professor if the questions come out sounding clear to them, like if the professor clearly knows what you are asking and if there is an adequate window for a varied response that is on topic with the specific question. I'm sure your professor would be glad to help a new student out, unless your individual class has 250 students in it...

I feel you on the essays o: try to keep them structured well. That should help you.

As for your topic: I feel like I wanted to tell you my story because my abuser told me never to tell anybody my story so this is my revenge. The more people are aware, the safer I feel, too. He doesn't have a restraining order, but he has no money and we live quite a ways apart so its about the same result.

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mayviline
Silly Annie
Mayviline
Silly Annie
Mayviline
Silly Annie
well yea
my blood
gypsy born

Sorry for the long reply, I actually looked up about this so called curse for gypsies and don't see anything about it...
I only researched to tell you that there are no such curses and if there were then who cares? You shouldn't be tormented all bc of your blood links down to gypsies. On top of that...they are known for the shimmy dances that are used for widely and popular in exercises (my old high school does it).
Did you think you grew a little stronger from being bullied?
well I know that now
they was just racist is all

but so was my dad so it kinda balances out
no I dont think it made me stronger

So even at home your father pointed out your blood lineage?
Or how insecure?
To me a home should be a safe haven but it's not always I see now. And I know threatening back at other students wouldn't do... it didn't help me... even drawing made me feel like monkey...
it dint need to be pointed out
we were a gypsy family livin around other gypsies
no my dads racism was tryna teach me to hate jews

That sounds a lot like my dad... he hated Jews and he is about 65 years old.... and even his own ethnicity which Hispanics....and I'm that mix of his Hispanic lineage...he never mentioned why though... and I still have to live with him till I can get a job...
Even when others tormented you, did you develop a wall?
Also I apologize if my questions aren't well made. It is thus my first time interviewing people.
Is talking about your experience hard to do especially in this questionnaire?
its only hard cause I got a bad memory
it dont upset me much

I dont know bout any walls no
LAPD TOPIC? ******** the police.

Cute Bookworm

12,250 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
  • Divine Donator 100
Posties The Artificer
LAPD TOPIC? ******** the police.

LAP is a research paper...nothing about the police
That is all

Though I don't like police ppl either... they actually scare me than keeping me safe...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff