Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annoying sad it's not much of a problem here that they show up at your doors but they have a spot now at the entrance of the train station :') which sucks if you leave to work in the morning by train.. maybe say you already converted?
SPAstronaut
There were these people who would come to my house all the time and give me pamphlets and talk about Jesus and God, and even though I wished they'd ******** off, I let them talk because I'm a nice person. But now I've moved and they've managed to find me. Isn't that a bit ******** creepy? They came by today and were like, "we heard you moved so we thought we'd drive by and see if we could find your car." What. The. d**k. Then they continued to talk about Jesus and Satan and gave me a bible and told me how "THE BIBLE IS SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN"

Okay look, I'm totally okay with people having their religions and believing what they want, but this is too far. You don't find someone after they've moved house and continue to preach. No. I'm not even an atheist, I'm not a believer either, I'm an agnostic, but these people are driving me further and further away from any chance of me even wanting to believe.

Discuss:
- Your experience with preachers
- How I can politely tell these people I don't want them to continue coming around at random times? I don't want to be a c**t about it, but I hate it.

They were at my doorstep preaching about how the world would be more peaceful without weapons. I asked them a simple question like what if a country attacks ours and we have no weapons? They gave some stupid martyr and i was like "sorry not interested". But they kept preaching about other things. I told them again politely that i wasnt interested. By then it was already about 5-10mins. They wont stop! So i closed the door lol. cool

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
The one time they came to my house and talked to me, last year, I listened, responded politely, and invited them to come back next week to talk further.

They never came to my house again.

Merry Tipper

Never had them before but they did manage to convert my brother for a year or so when he was depressed and happened to answer the door to them. He wasn't into the religion though, he was just lonely and wanted some company.

Cluttered Cutesmasher

They clearly come looking for you because you are nice and haven't told them to do one. So do just that, tell them to ******** off.

I do think preaching in the street and knocking on peoples doors to preach should be illegal. Its really unnecessary and bothersome to some people, especially if the preacher is insistent..

I've never encountered any knocking on my door, but there is two of them who walk about on the streets by mine to stop people in the street. I tell them politely that i'm an Atheist and they go 'Oh, okay' and just do onto the next person. Never bothered me again.

My fiance had a door-to-door one when he still lived with his parents, this guy told him that dinosaurs didn't exist and that scientists planted the bones in the ground and faked the whole thing. He laughed so hard and just shut the door on him.

Chicken Zombie
Then put up a no solicitation sign. They cannot legally bother you at that point,

I like this. But I heard a lot of Jehovah Witnesses ignore the sign because technically they're not selling anything (except their religion). I was thinking of making a sign that says something like, "No Soliciting, No Religious Queries, Children Welcome". As in girl/boy scouts and all those kids and their cookies. Or does that make me sound like a *****? How can I write on a sign "I want your cookies" without sounding like a creep?

Dapper Lunatic

my grandma's a jehovah witness
sweatdrop
Jehavoh Witness: Hi!
Me: What's happening cuz? I mean, you all in a ***** mouf cuz, I'm trynah do my lil inervrew right here cuz.
*stands up*
...WHAT IT DO THEN *****? I'm just sayin cuz.
This is my hood now, I don't know about you. Cuz you ain't goin be doin no mad dogg'n now *****, now what's up?
Jehova Witness: ???
On a second, more obvious note...People who teach their children to be Jehovah witnesses, are teaching them that they have witnessed Jehovah. Then these same people go about life attributing causes to their god, slowly building the delusion.

Sugary Daredevil

Nurse Kipsie
ThatGirlFromGalifrey
My advice don´t answer the door

THIS

OP, you should always look before you answer your door.

This is for safety measure. You never know for sure who is lurking unless you look to see who is at your door. There could be very many more serious things to worry about such as crazy lovers who want to harm you, stranger with a gun (yes, they'll knock), con artists, overly persistent girl scouts, etc.

Thanks I always look before answering the door
you never know who it can be

Hellraiser

Tell em to ******** off

My boyfriend flipped them off when he saw them walking by his place. They never bothered him again
SPAstronaut
Chicken Zombie
Then put up a no solicitation sign. They cannot legally bother you at that point,

I like this. But I heard a lot of Jehovah Witnesses ignore the sign because technically they're not selling anything (except their religion). I was thinking of making a sign that says something like, "No Soliciting, No Religious Queries, Children Welcome". As in girl/boy scouts and all those kids and their cookies. Or does that make me sound like a *****? How can I write on a sign "I want your cookies" without sounding like a creep?

In my city, it is against the law. It makes all forms of knocking on the door illegal. They do that, instead of allowing people to specifically ban religious speakers, because it could possibly raise some some legal problems that would need to be settled in court because it could possibly be considered discrimination.

Fashionable Shopper

SPAstronaut
Chicken Zombie

& children selling fundraising for clubs and school activities?

Haha I guess it would be a long sign lol.

We don't have a sign here. They used to come to my mom's house all of the time. They would keep coming even though we would state that we are practicing Christians. They never stay long though. Here, we get kids selling tickets for school and our Girl Scout cookies come from my sister. We buy so many of those, haha. She's graduating so we'll have to go to wal-mart and buy from the girls outside there...
Start answering the door naked. That will eventually get rid of them without you having to be verbally rude

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff